Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Event #5 Results

Originally posted by Todd #65 View Post
    Seems like a slam dunk to me - what am I missing?
    what is missing is an actual person, a representative of the CCC, with a binder, that will not only collect, but make it their full time job analyzing and verifying said pip schedules.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
      what is missing is an actual person, a representative of the CCC, with a binder, that will not only collect, but make it their full time job analyzing and verifying said pip schedules.
      I don't believe that is required. Simply increasing transparency is a reasonable first step.

BTW, I finally got around to calculating my top speed on MIR = 229km/h (speedo doesn't work because of non-factory tire size).

So Pete, every time you pass 229, think of me...
      #65 C6 Corvette SGT3-S

Comment

BTW, I finally got around to calculating my top speed on MIR = 229km/h (speedo doesn't work because of non-factory tire size).

So Pete, every time you pass 229, think of me...
        Fastest I saw on the heads-up display was 242 ... and the Traqmate saw 241 . There's still more, I'm just chicken!!
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
          Fastest I saw on the heads-up display was 242 ... and the Traqmate saw 241 . There's still more, I'm just chicken!!
          Wow! thats about 50 km/h faster ... or 25% faster than my car. Glad I can make up some time on the rest of the track and only lose 4.5 sec. ... yeah, that's the way I drive ... FLAT OUT!
          Klaus
          BMW 325es
          Solosprint SGT2, #192
          Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, … the faster I am ...

Comment

i hit 170 on the speedo, but my wheel/tire combo is like 1.5" smaller in diameter over stock... so mybe i was doing 150??

Comment

Originally posted by msix View Post
              ... yeah, that's the way I drive ... FLAT OUT!
              Oh, you're one of "those guys" who always drives flat out, eh? And I bet you always like to run in the advanced group?
              OMSC
              Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
              Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Every competitor is supposed to bring a printed copy of their PIP schedule and have it available throughout the day. Why don't we make it so that the hardcopies are handed into a central place where folks can go and look at them throughout the day? ie. the location of the drivers meeting or where results are posted, or where they won't blow away! :-)

This seems to address concerns about not wanting to 'insult someone' just because you are interested in what they're running (not want to ask to see it) and also addresses privacy concerns since the information is only available to those who attend the event.

Indeed this simple process would accomplish the same end of complete transparency and ease of access, with no changes to the dbase and without any additional demands on the officials' manpower/duties. Seems there are no downsides to this approach, only benefits...and the only effort to implement it would be inclusion of this step in the event's rules, which get posted here in full detail already...So, who needs to approve this approach as a "GO"? Thx! Bill (now STILL unpacking...damn all them boxes LOL!!!)
                sigpic
                Supporting member of several
                grassroot Clubs

Comment

Originally posted by msix View Post
                  FLAT OUT!
                  Just making sure, but FLAT is not short for flatulence right? I guess if it means you're cornering at speeds that would make you $hit, that's probably where the term derives from .

Anyone else here admit to driving flat out?
                  2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

anyone else want to give me thier keys??

I promise to brake for 5
                    sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Every competitor is supposed to bring a printed copy of their PIP schedule and have it available throughout the day. Why don't we make it so that the hardcopies are handed into a central place where folks can go and look at them throughout the day? ie. the location of the drivers meeting or where results are posted, or where they won't blow away! :-)

This seems to address concerns about not wanting to 'insult someone' just because you are interested in what they're running (not want to ask to see it) and also addresses privacy concerns since the information is only available to those who attend the event.

When James was the CCC Chair we had a binder. We also used it to do random spot checks to validate the schedules. This process worked for a while but there were two problems:

1. Someone has to maintain the binder and print out the PIP schedules for every competitor. James, as Chair, volunteered to fulfil this role. It would have to be someone currently on the CCC.

2. Many competitors had more than one PIP schedule and they weren't always dated.

We replaced the binder idea with the regulation that each competitor had to bring their PIP schedule to each event and if they didn't then they would be placed in Modified.

If a competitor wants to challenge another competitor it is up to that person to ask to see the schedule. You are simply making a request so it doesn't have to be confrontational.

There is actually a third problem with a binder. What if it falls into the wrong hands. This is the same problem with having it openly displayed on the website. Who is viewing the data? The owners of fully prepped race cars don't care but what about the owners of street cars.
                      Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                      Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                      Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck91GT View Post
                        If a competitor wants to challenge another competitor it is up to that person to ask to see the schedule. You are simply making a request so it doesn't have to be confrontational.
                        I'd like to challenge this wording, Chuck. "If a competitor wants to discuss another competitor's schedule, it is up to that person to ask for it."

Let's take the confrontation right out of the picture by removing the word challenge, which by definition creates some negativity. Just as we can all learn from having other driver's assist us by riding along in the passenger seat, we can all learn from discussions about our PIP schedules. I'll look forward to discussing my schedule at events 6 and 7.
                        BTW, my axle is now reattached to my car thanks to the professional and courteous staff at Can-Alignment. I'm gradually getting the boost issues sorted out so I'm looking forward to a great weekend at the Nationals.

P.S.,
                        If there needs to be a challenge, then we have the process for that too.

P.P.S.
                        I'm looking for some 15 x 36 wheels and tires. Then I can look at Scott and say, "Brake for 5? I don't brake for anything!".
                        sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck91GT View Post
                          When James was the CCC Chair we had a binder. We also used it to do random spot checks to validate the schedules. This process worked for a while but there were two problems:

1. Someone has to maintain the binder and print out the PIP schedules for every competitor. James, as Chair, volunteered to fulfil this role. It would have to be someone currently on the CCC.

2. Many competitors had more than one PIP schedule and they weren't always dated.

We replaced the binder idea with the regulation that each competitor had to bring their PIP schedule to each event and if they didn't then they would be placed in Modified.

There is actually a third problem with a binder. What if it falls into the wrong hands. This is the same problem with having it openly displayed on the website. Who is viewing the data? The owners of fully prepped race cars don't care but what about the owners of street cars.
                          My proposal addresses all of the concerns you mentioned from the previous 'attempt' at this. (Ie. No 'Binder', no CCC person responsible for printing the PIP schedules (each competitor brings their own), the PIP schedules can be picked up by the competitor at the end of day so it doesn't go anywhere they don't want it to, the CCCDB print-out has a date on it....) Any other questions?

I know there would be a few minor logistical matters to deal with but this process is hardly any more burdensome for anyone and increases transparency.
                          #65 C6 Corvette SGT3-S

Comment

My proposal addresses all of the concerns you mentioned from the previous 'attempt' at this. (Ie. No 'Binder', no CCC person responsible for printing the PIP schedules (each competitor brings their own), the PIP schedules can be picked up by the competitor at the end of day so it doesn't go anywhere they don't want it to, the CCCDB print-out has a date on it....) Any other questions?

I know there would be a few minor logistical matters to deal with but this process is hardly any more burdensome for anyone and increases transparency.
                            everyone is already supposed to have their pip schedules on hand, so you want me to just have a box at registration where these people can put it for the day and then shred them after?

what about the people who do not have their schedules (or even their cars classed)?

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                              what about the people who do not have their schedules (or even their cars classed)?
                              I think the rule book says those people will be scored in mod class. I think an exception should be made for novices.
                              2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

I like Todd's suggestion: it is very simple and it also confirms/verifies that everybody actually has an up-to-date schedule for an event. As far as folks with no schedules: they shouldn't run, or be automatically placed in a mod class (if I understand the rules properly). So, if anything, this will provide not only more transparency, but also more discipline regarding having all the schedules current. PS I agree, that individual schedules represent some details which some folks may consider "sensitive". On the other hand, all car classes are public, including drivers names, car numbers, their pix while competing are public, etc. So...it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the degree of mods a car might have, just by a class they are running (vs base). Hence, I think these worries might be somewhat unjustified given a public nature of all the other info about the series et al. Cheers, Bill
                                sigpic
                                Supporting member of several
                                grassroot Clubs

Comment

Working...
                                X