Event #5 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Event #5 Results

so who has to be the asshole to tell someone they can't run because they forgot to print out a piece of paper in their morning/evening rush to get everything together?

who will be the enforcer of the rules?
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

they would just run in MOD
      Former CCC member, and shit disturber

winner of a bunch of different classes over many years

breaker of parts, burner of engines

CREATOR OF "ULTIMATE DOOM 570SX"

Comment

Originally posted by ADAM View Post
        they would just run in MOD
        you left our series because a rule was enforced that you decided not to adhere to, LOL

Comment

ohh you mean the arbitrary made up rule that front wings are not allowed? and that the sharp edges are dangerous crap...and making people jump through hoops to accomodate rules that did not exist?

except that the series does allow cars with front wings..like that super 7

its just arbitrary and not applied equally to all competitors thats all

Comment

as far as leaving the series as an instructor I left cause If I am gonna die..its gonna be by my own hand in a car....not in a newbies car that kills me

the last "school" I was out in a guys car who was totally dangerous, I came in and told a few other instructors...after the event I even wrote a report saying how this one student was dangerous and maybe should not even be on the track...

what do I get ..chastized for telling the other instructors that this dude was scary dangerous and that I should have been more sensitive...

what happens at the next event...the car rolls over and is written off

whether anyone told the other instructors what I wrote about this one guy? who knows.. the end result was that the car went over and was totalled..with another instructor inside the car..just days after I wrote that this student was dangerous and we almost rolled the car as well

its another corporate circle jerk..with no transparency..IMO

Comment

Adam,
              I'll PM you my phone number and, if you want, we can talk. The level of safety for the instructors - and students - has dramatically improved. I am impressed with the level of discussion that we now have in place, including paperwork that must be completed and submitted to the chief instructor to ensure that everyone knows who they are in with. The focus upon staying at 60% until the student is able to maintain all reference points and able to stay ahead of the car.
              This is not to say that it's perfect, but it's a great improvement.
              Frank

Originally posted by ADAM View Post
              as far as leaving the series as an instructor I left cause If I am gonna die..its gonna be by my own hand in a car....not in a newbies car that kills me

the last "school" I was out in a guys car who was totally dangerous, I came in and told a few other instructors...after the event I even wrote a report saying how this one student was dangerous and maybe should not even be on the track...

what do I get ..chastized for telling the other instructors that this dude was scary dangerous and that I should have been more sensitive...

what happens at the next event...the car rolls over and is written off

whether anyone told the other instructors what I wrote about this one guy? who knows.. the end result was that the car went over and was totalled..with another instructor inside the car..just days after I wrote that this student was dangerous and we almost rolled the car as well

its another corporate circle jerk..with no transparency..IMO
              sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                you left our series because a rule was enforced that you decided not to adhere to, LOL
                I don't know Adam, but based on frequency of his posts, it seems like he never really "left" and obviously cares a big deal about OTA...lest why would he bother?
                So, hopefully he is just waiting for an opportune time to "re-join"! Cheers, Bill
                sigpic
                Supporting member of several
                grassroot Clubs

Comment

so who has to be the asshole to tell someone they can't run because they forgot to print out a piece of paper in their morning/evening rush to get everything together?

Schedules must be present according to the prevailing rules, so no "negative enforcement" should be necessary and certainly nobody should look/feel/act like an ahole to ensure the rules are followed. If folks forget them, they run mod class and then "remember not to forget" Lest - why have rules? Sort of like if one forgets their drivers license...well, forgetfullness has consequences in real life. Ditto should apply in competing against like minded folks (level playing field, which is created by rules). Just my 2 cents. Cheers, Bill
                  sigpic
                  grassroot Clubs

Comment

The "enforcer" of the rule is the organizer and failing that the Director. So far there hasn't been a problem but if there is then that is why we have the rule.

Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
                    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
                    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Originally posted by Alloy GT View Post
                      If folks forget them, they run mod class and then "remember not to forget"
                      What happens if you're already in MOD class and you forget to bring your (boring) PIP schedule?
                      OMSC
                      Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                      Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
                        What happens if you're already in MOD class and you forget to bring your (boring) PIP schedule?
                        LOL!!!!!! However, I bet that some mod pip schedules are anything but "boring"....unless it happened to be a c6z of course! LOL!!!
                        sigpic
                        grassroot Clubs

Comment

everyone is already supposed to have their pip schedules on hand, so you want me to just have a box at registration where these people can put it for the day and then shred them after?

what about the people who do not have their schedules (or even their cars classed)?
                          Point #1 - sounds good to me. (I might pick mine up again because I tend to use the same one at the events but that would be up to the competitor)

Point #2 - the rulebook already covers what happens for those who do not have a PIP schedule. I don't forsee any changes to how we support new folks who showed up without a PIP schedule and obviously there's will not be printed out but those are few circumstances that can easily be explained.

for the record - I believe our current system works fairly well and recognizing that folks are already "volunteered out", the simply change of having PIP schedules kept at a central point throughout the day works well for transparaency and may also add some interest since it will be more obvious for folks to know what others have done to their cars.

I don't really care if we make the change - I was just trying to come up with a solution that would be easy while also addressing the intial concern.
                          #65 C6 Corvette SGT3-S

Comment

i have no problems either way

except i would like to point out that someone will probably have to keep an eye on this pile through out the day..

Comment

Working...
                            X