Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

    Major thanks to the marshalls, the emt, and all the volunteers that stayed late to allow everyone to get their 3 runs in.
    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

      A thank you to all that are involved to make the series work.

      I have to give the biggest of thanks to Gary Wood for sharing his car. It was this generosity which made my weekend a real success.

      Also to all the sponsors, Thank You
      sigpic

      http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

        This was the first time for me at a OTA event....I must say it was well run, has a much different tone on how the "Timed" event goes which i enjoyed very much, unfortuneately my home made front splitter let me down and only got in a few timed laps.
        You guys sold me on a great series, I will be competeing in all the OTA events for 2012.....Thanks everyone
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

          Originally posted by JDK View Post
          This was the first time for me at a OTA event....I must say it was well run, has a much different tone on how the "Timed" event goes which i enjoyed very much, unfortuneately my home made front splitter let me down and only got in a few laps.
          You guys sold me on a great series, I will be competeing in all the OTA events for 2012.....Thanks everyone
          That's one "Really Really Really REally Really Really" fast RX8.. Really!!

          Welcome aboard.
          President, Co-Founder
          http://www.spda-online.ca
          sigpic
          SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
          2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
          2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
          Supported by the greatest companies!!
          Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

            Originally posted by JoeT View Post
            That's one "Really Really Really REally Really Really" fast RX8.. Really!!

            Welcome aboard.
            Bit your tongue , shes a RX7, thanks all the same JoeT....I will be detuning the car next year as so not to run against that mini F1 car
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

              Originally posted by JDK View Post
              Bit your tongue , shes a RX7, thanks all the same JoeT....I will be detuning the car next year as so not to run against that mini F1 car
              She!?
              President, Co-Founder
              http://www.spda-online.ca
              sigpic
              SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
              2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
              2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
              Supported by the greatest companies!!
              Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                She!?
                Yes, Joe, hard as it might be for you to imagine but there are men out there that think of their cars as intimate female companions...
                set tire pressures to winning!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                  Originally posted by thgear View Post
                  Yes, Joe, hard as it might be for you to imagine but there are men out there that think of their cars as intimate female companions...
                  Hummm Old school... Remember "Christine" was a she.. LOL

                  New school: Car = Partner, a cooperative effort between "person" and machine where the sum of both is greater than the one. I don't know about you, but I've never taken my car to get um er uh um uh um er ok ok ok "intimate" with.. LOL

                  It's all good.
                  President, Co-Founder
                  http://www.spda-online.ca
                  sigpic
                  SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
                  2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
                  2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
                  Supported by the greatest companies!!
                  Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                    i love my car
                    set tire pressures to winning!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                      Originally posted by thgear View Post
                      i love my car
                      I really like mine (inanimate object) when it's working, I like it so much that I'm under the illusion that I love my car.. LOL
                      President, Co-Founder
                      http://www.spda-online.ca
                      sigpic
                      SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
                      2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
                      2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
                      Supported by the greatest companies!!
                      Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                        Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                        Hummm Old school... Remember "Christine" was a she.. LOL

                        New school: Car = Partner, a cooperative effort between "person" and machine where the sum of both is greater than the one. I don't know about you, but I've never taken my car to get um er uh um uh um er ok ok ok "intimate" with.. LOL

                        It's all good.
                        Christine happens to be the name of the 01 RX7, yes after the Christine in the movie. She is pure evil.......2 years ago on the way home from a Shannonville test day (on the trailer of course) the tow vehicle nicked a critter which hit the edge of the front splitter and it truly split..........we won the next race and finished 2nd in the one after that. Everytime we work on it someone is bleeding......pure evil I tell ya!
                        "Fun racing the way it's supposed to be!"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                          Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                          She!?
                          Jim's rx7 looks way to mean to be a she...lol
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                            Jim's RX7 is beautiful, sleek and sexy, most definatly leaves the resembalance of an elegant woman.

                            This year has also been as tempermental as one too!

                            I hope some pics of the event will be available soon
                            Last edited by racecartech; 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM.
                            sigpic

                            http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                              Originally posted by racecartech View Post
                              I hope some pics of the event will be available soon
                              Somebody was taking pics down at turn 5, not sure who it was.
                              #25 summer & winter

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Lapping - Aug 26; Event 6 and 7 Aug 27/28 MIR

                                Someone was on turn 2 as well in a morning on saturday, maybe got some pictures of me meeting the tires
                                sigpic
                                Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
                                UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X