Hankook RS3 supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankook RS3 supply

Where did they all go? Back ordered at TireRack and Discount Tires.

I guess the low price and the fact they are quick means they're sold out. I should have bought two set in the spring rather than one.

Anybody know where I can find at set of 255/40 R17?
    sigpic
    2006 350z
    OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Re: Hankook RS3 supply

Couldn't tell you where to get them but I know the 15" rs3's have been back ordered at dtd for months and months its pretty brutal not to have any of them in the summer
    sigpic

Comment

See PM for info
      Gary Wood:
      GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Wow, look at all the options for your size!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...40&diameter=17

I'm jealous!!

I'd be going for the Kumho XS for $652/set. They're probably the next best bang-for-the-buck . (and they're "in stock").
        OMSC
        Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
        Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

I'd check with Bramalea Tire guys. Ask for Eric, but Mark and Dave are equally good. They seem to be able to get all makes and rather quickly (got my Nitto NT555RII Super Rs in a week). Good prices and excellent service to boot!
          They are on Airport Rd just N of 407. Tel num: 905 793 1881
          Hope this helps. Cheers, Bill PS BTW anything made in Japan is seriously backed up, due to the tsunami disaster and this may last for a while (according to a Toyo rep I met there today. So, if you find some available stock: do not hesitate as things might get worse before they get better...
          sigpic
          Supporting member of several
          grassroot Clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
            Wow, look at all the options for your size!
            Yup, lots of selection, but no Hankooks (even the Z214s are low availability).

Originally posted by Alloy GT View Post
            Cheers, Bill PS BTW anything made in Japan is seriously backed up, due to the tsunami disaster and this may last for a while (according to a Toyo rep I met there today. So, if you find some available stock: do not hesitate as things might get worse before they get better...
            Yeah, I thought about that in the spring. Hankooks are Korean, I'm pretty sure, so I didn't think they would be affected. I think it's just their price performance ratio can't be beat right now. That, and it seems like half the OTA competitors are now running 255/40 R17s RS3s.
            sigpic
            2006 350z
            OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Yeah I think both Hankooks and Kumhos are S Korean, yet I think all brands may be experience shortages due to the Japan's situation (trying to fill the void left by the latter)? I'd expect the prices to go up as well...
              sigpic
              Supporting member of several
              grassroot Clubs

Comment

i tried to buy kuhmo's a couple years ago mid summer and they were sold out then - i was told they show up in a container and when they're gone they're gone

seems to be the downside of korean tire's, they're fast and cheap but if you get a flat or need a pair/set for mid season you may be out of luck cause they're still on a boat somewhere in the pacific

Comment

Matt, Hankook at lake Forest, CA seem to have some RS3 on sale. $122 for 255's.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8893...s3-v12-evo-v4/

JohnP

Comment

tires23.com

they local and great prices comparable to us

Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                    X