Re: Canadian National Time-Attack Championship

Originally posted by Lloyd_ View Post
    I bet the #3 guy spent less on the car he was driving
    LOL! this seems like a good strategy to me

Leave a comment:

• rustysteel
    replied

I put a link to photos I took on another thread so I thought I would post them here. I wasn't able to get all the cars, time constraints due to a grumpy 4 year old.

Here's the link:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rustyst...7627408093619/

Leave a comment:

• thgear
    replied

Originally posted by Navigator View Post
    Worked out to 2.3 hours of lapping and 7 timed sessions for the weekend and if you add in Fridays Lapping it would add an additional 3.5 hours of lapping. Average Road Race weekend competitors get about 1.25 hours TOTAL. Now we know why so many people were exhausted by Sunday afternoon.
    i was exhausted friday morning

Leave a comment:

• Navigator
    replied

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
    Time to get this success story out there. Lapping all of both mornings + 3 timed sessions on Saturday and 4 timed sessions on Sunday !!
    Worked out to 2.3 hours of lapping and 7 timed sessions for the weekend and if you add in Fridays Lapping it would add an additional 3.5 hours of lapping. Average Road Race weekend competitors get about 1.25 hours TOTAL. Now we know why so many people were exhausted by Sunday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Lloyd_
    replied

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
    Also nice to see that the top 2 finishers didn't get there by spending megabucks on their cars. (I think that for the cost of some of the rims and paint jobs in the show and shine crowd on Sunday I could keep myself in fresh Hoosiers every weekend!!)
    I bet the #3 guy spent less on the car he was driving

Leave a comment:

• Dave Barker
    replied

Congrats to SPDA, Sailun, Agincourt Autohaus, Mobil 1 and all the winners. Great weekend (although I think I am going to need some time to recover ... I'm beat)

Time to get this success story out there. Lapping all of both mornings + 3 timed sessions on Saturday and 4 timed sessions on Sunday !! All done with a minimum of yellow flags.

Also nice to see that the top 2 finishers didn't get there by spending megabucks on their cars. (I think that for the cost of some of the rims and paint jobs in the show and shine crowd on Sunday I could keep myself in fresh Hoosiers every weekend!!)

Leave a comment:

• nowcritical
    replied

This was one of the most innovative events and formats for a Time Attack weekend in my memory. Congratulations to all the organizers and volunteers that did such a fantastic job putting on a quality event.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

As Ontario's ASN Canada FIA SoloSport rep I would like to thank Joe, Stephen, Ivano and all the SPDA volunteers who spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday, making the the 2011 ASN Canada FIA National Time Attack Championship a tremendous success. Thanks also go out to Craig Seko who provided his expertise as Chief Steward and to Terry Epp, the ASN Canada FIA National Solosport Director who made himself available for this weekend as well.

Congratulations to Ujjwal, Salmaan and Scott for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall finishes in the event.

A special thank you to Sailun Tires and Agincourt Autohaus for their generous support in helping us to finance this very successful weekend.

Since this was a combined Regional and National event, as the OTA Director, I would also like to thank all of our series sponsors for making this weekend possible - Mobil1, Toyo Tires, PRN, CSC Racing, Pure Design Marketing, Now Critical IT, Can-Alignment, Stayner Travel Trailer, Tri-Hospital Sleep Laboratory West, AutoAnalyzer, Change Crafter Services and BF Goodrich Tires.

And thanks to all the competitors who made this a top notch event.

Leave a comment:

• abrracing
    replied

Originally posted by dubya_rx View Post
    I have to admit... I had fun flagging the mock race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGYiLBWRYWo
    It was a lot of fun to do that mock race especially with the passengers freaking out about how close we run to each other, the other drivers are good friends and we have been racing/lapping together for years and have a great deal of trust between us. It was also good to run wide in the marbles and see how much grip was lost etc, the front of the car looks like someone sprayed it with a black paint ball gun lol. On a more serious note you have no idea how great it was to have a waiving white flag for the last lap instead of a little sign that you can barely see!

Leave a comment:

• Carguy
    replied

Originally posted by abrracing View Post
    It truly amazed me at how much of a difference the extra 200+ lbs slowed the car down, especially on the back straight and turn 2, 4 and 9 are quite diffferent with the extra weight pushing the car to the outside.
    "Rewards" weight...

Time Attack cars were slower on the back straight as well because of the high winds. I was 10KPH slower in my CRX and Perry told me he was 15KPH slower in his Mustang.

Funny thing is, my Sunday times improved over Saturday despite the slower backstraight speed due to better grip in cooler weather. Go figure!

Leave a comment:

• dubya_rx
    replied

I have to admit... I had fun flagging the mock race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGYiLBWRYWo

Leave a comment:

• abrracing
    replied

We would like to thank the SPDA and OTA for allowing us to participate in a way that was experimental and I think had some good positive results! We had fun Sunday as well even though we didnt run the actual time attack. I took about 4-5 different people for some "hot laps" around Mosport in the race car (no one puked thank god lol) and they now understand why it is the fastest permanent road course in North America. We then had people bid on the passenger seats for our "mock races", during the 1st race I thoug something was going in my car then I realized it was the girl with me screaming everytime we drafted or went side by side through the corners lol. The 2nd mock race was a bit better as we had a better understanding of how hard to push and of course at the bottom of turn 5 on the last lap it was everyman for himself lol........stupid race car drivers lol. It truly amazed me at how much of a difference the extra 200+ lbs slowed the car down, especially on the back straight and turn 2, 4 and 9 are quite diffferent with the extra weight pushing the car to the outside.

Leave a comment:

• kmorris
    replied

Big thanks to all involved! The events all ran smoothly, and the extra features around the weekend added a lot of buzz around the event, which hopefully makes it more appealing and brings exposure to more people who are into cars and performance. It's great to see the creativity in trying new stuff, blended with the experience and expertise that was already there - and as always, a great group of people having loads of fun.

I had a great time, see you all at Shannonville.

Leave a comment:

• Carguy
    replied

So many people work together to make these events happen. OTA is only one community among many in the motorsports fraternity. To combine and involve OTA, a Race charity event, TASR and to provide the opportunity for spectators to do some aligator lapping was brilliant. Well done SPDA!

Many thanks to all the usual suspects for a great weekend of Time Attack, and to a new sponsor Sailun Tire.

I'd also like to extend My personal thanks for all those who contributed to my header repair in time for Sunday competition (in no particular order).

1- Scott for suggesting we might find a welder at the oval track, then actually going there and finding him for me, while I removed my header from the car.
    2- Stephen for driving Scott to the oval track and back.
    3- Todd Delisle racer/fabricator in the Late Model series for repairing my header at 10:30PM in his shop after the main event race in which he finished 2nd to take the series points lead in his series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeWpXqFTwc
    4- Klaus for offering to drive me out and back from Todd's shop for the repair.

After I thanked Todd for helping me out he said (paraphrasing): I just hate to see a guy miss a race event for the sake of such a simple repair. I 'm happy to help out.

Let's face it we're all addicted to cars and speed, and it's great to see different communities coming together to help each other out.

Leave a comment:

• racecartech
    replied

To all these committe members behind the scenes who made the changes, congratulations!

To all the people who are liking this, please spread the word. Let's make the CASC-OR Time Attack series the one to be in next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X