• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone driving up sunday morning?

want to cruise its going to be a long lonely drive from kitchener
    sigpic

Re: anyone driving up sunday morning?

KW to SMP and back in a day is a lonnnng day. I did it once last year from Guelph and I didn't want to even look at my car for a week.

I suggest camping saturday night if you can. Or stay in the bates motel down the road.

Comment

Would love to camp out but we're celebrating my grandfathers birthday the night before in london so that's not going to work
      sigpic

Comment

what happens if we don't make it there by 8:40am for registration?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KLZEMX6 View Post
          what happens if we don't make it there by 8:40am for registration?
          You cause a lot of headaches for the Registrar (who would like to close registration so he can go get his own car ready) and the folks who are ALREADY BUSY setting up timing, so that your name can be added in LATE. It's your own fault for missing out on potential lapping time, but you also risk missing the driver's meeting, which is never a good thing either .

PLEASE try to be ON TIME!!!!
          OMSC
          Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
          Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

thanks for making me feel so welcome at my first event with the series...sorry that i'm coming from kitchener which is a 3.5 hour drive and my car cruises at 5000rpms at 100kmh makes for a bit of a long drive but I'll be leaving at 4:50am so I'll do my best
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KLZEMX6 View Post
              thanks for making me feel so welcome at my first event with the series...sorry that i'm coming from kitchener which is a 3.5 hour drive and my car cruises at 5000rpms at 100kmh makes for a bit of a long drive but I'll be leaving at 4:50am so I'll do my best
              I wasn't trying to make you feel "un-welcome". You asked a question, and I gave you an honest answer .

Speaking from experience, it is really not advised nor appreciated to have late arrivals. YES, we can deal with them, but it really (honestly!) leads to some last-minute scrambling by the organizer/registrar/timer. There is A LOT of work that goes into setting up timing and establishing the grid list in the morning. If it was just a typical lapping day, then it wouldn't matter, but the fact that this is a competition event/series, then yes, I apologize, there's a more "formal" process to our event .

You're not the only one travelling from a distance either ..... we have competitors coming from either end of the province all the time for events .

I hope you enjoyed your first Ontario Time Attack event today, and that you choose to stick with the series .
              OMSC
              Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
              Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Working...
              X