Got some noobie questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some noobie questions!

Hello everyone, new to the forum and currently in the process of making my first track car! I would like to start off next season in some entry level stuff. I'm quickly finding out that it's not just get a race car and go race, lol! So, here's what I got: 99' civic sedan with ls vtec, intake, 2.5" exhaust, fender braces, b-pillar brace, no interior, skunk2 suspension with tenzo rims. This is as far as I am at moment.

I would appreciate any help getting into this world with info like, what class would I fall in? How do I get started? Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks in advance!!
    Will work for car parts!!

LSVTEC- EK

Re: Got some noobie questions!

For your LS vtec and exhaust, I'm guessing it's a different head comprising of different cams, ecu, adjustment of compression, header, no cat. Do you have a dyno (what type of dyno) or curb weight?

Without knowing exact details, you're roughly looking at GT2 on streets.
    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

No I don't have a dyno and yes it's a b16 head on a b18b1 motor. There's a cat with a stock header at the moment but I was gonna upgrade header and lose the cat if I can. I kind of assumed that I would be in the most basic class as I don't have a lot of power!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

What other cars are in GT2? What lap times do they run at Mosport?
        TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzoop View Post
          If your asking me, I really don't know! I started this thread to learn all this stuff! Lol

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Originally posted by EK_GUY View Post
            No I don't have a dyno and yes it's a b16 head on a b18b1 motor. There's a cat with a stock header at the moment but I was gonna upgrade header and lose the cat if I can. I kind of assumed that I would be in the most basic class as I don't have a lot of power!
            Unlike other series we don't have basic class, all classes are equal to each other in terms of driver potential. However, to properly evaluate your car it's best to get a complete list of mods.
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Your car should be making around 180 - 190whp on a dynojet for it to be in the class I told you. I don't know what you consider a lot of power .

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzoop View Post
                this is one of the results from our mosport event

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...nt7results.txt

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
                  Your car should be making around 180 - 190whp on a dynojet for it to be in the class I told you. I don't know what you consider a lot of power .
                  180-190 whp in a sub 2300lb chassis to boot, that's better than a Lotus Elise

Comment

Ok, I think I'm starting to get it! So class is more or less determined by the amount of hp and mods, is that what pips are?
                    So, hypothetically speaking, if I am in the GT2 class what is required to run that class? Do I need a cage? Suit? Special license? I wanna avoid all that for my first year!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Ok, I think I'm starting to get it! So class is more or less determined by the amount of hp and mods, is that what pips are?
                      So, hypothetically speaking, if I am in the GT2 class what is required to run that class? Do I need a cage? Suit? Special license? I wanna avoid all that for my first year!

yes, our classes are determined precisely by hp/weight + mods, pips are points for your mods.

nothing special is required to run in any class

a cage is always recommended but not mandatory, you get negative pips for installing cages/roll-over bars (as an incentive and to recognize that you are adding weight to the car)

a special race suit is also not mandatory, but if you have the cash go ahead and buy it

although we do require long sleeved shirts and pants, and not from a material that would catch fire easily.

No special license is required, there is a requirement to be a member of a car club, but more on that later (i will PM you with details)

Comment

If I give a complete list of mods that I will have in car by next season will someone be able to tell me the class I would be in? And should I post it here or is there someone specific I should send them to?
                        Sorry for all the questions guys but I really wanna know the info before next season so I know what to do to car thru winter! Everybody's patience is much appreciated!!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Yes, pips are like hp points. If you mod the suspension, you get more 'hp' points because you are cornering faster.

You don't need a cage, no special suit.

Just bring some long sleeved shirt (we can duct tape your arms if you forget ), and have a valid drivers license. Oh, and bring your wallet so you can pay Serge.

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                            yes, our classes are determined precisely by hp/weight + mods, pips are points for your mods.

nothing special is required to run in any class

a cage is always recommended but not mandatory, you get negative pips for installing cages/roll-over bars (as an incentive and to recognize that you are adding weight to the car)

a special race suit is also not mandatory, but if you have the cash go ahead and buy it

although we do require long sleeved shirts and pants, and not from a material that would catch fire easily.

No special license is required, there is a requirement to be a member of a car club, but more on that later (i will PM you with details)
                            Excellent! Thank you very much!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
                              Yes, pips are like hp points. If you mod the suspension, you get more 'hp' points because you are cornering faster.

You don't need a cage, no special suit.

Just bring some long sleeved shirt (we can duct tape your arms if you forget ), and have a valid drivers license. Oh, and bring your wallet so you can pay Serge.
                              Lol, duct tape! My most favorite tool!!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Working...
                              X