seat and five point harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat and five point harness

I have a five point harness from leaf,I was told that I can get it rewebbed.I also have an older bf race seat that I bought from someone that used it to road race but is out of date for that.Can I use this seat and harness.

Re: seat and five point harness

I think in another thread they said that seats are fine, they don`t check dates and the 5 point yes leaf will re web making it legal.
    1987 DECH MUSTANG
    1999 SI Civic
    BMW Trillium Club
    Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by DECH_92 View Post
      I think in another thread they said that seats are fine, they don`t check dates and the 5 point yes leaf will re web making it legal.
      I just talked to leaf and they dont reweb at least the branch in london said that but they will exchange my old one for a new one for $80.That is still a pretty good deal.How about window nets,should they be up to date?

Comment

As of the 2011 rule set window nets and seats do not expire.

I do not know at this time if either will be up for discusstion at the workshop Nov 12.

For Time attack SFI belts are 2 years and FIA belts are 5 years from date stamp.

Window nets however will be checked for thier condition
        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
          As of the 2011 rule set window nets and seats do not expire.

I do not know at this time if either will be up for discusstion at the workshop Nov 12.

For Time attack SFI belts are 2 years and FIA belts are 5 years from date stamp.

Window nets however will be checked for thier condition
          Thanks for the reply.I think I will replace the window net anyhow,just for my own piece of mind.

Comment

So, for time attack there are certain regulations for harnesses?
            Will work for car parts!!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

SFI expire 2 years from stamp date.
              FIA have expirey dates stamped on them. 5 years
              sigpic

Comment

Using a harness used to also require a roll bar. Has that changed?
                sigpic
                Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

roll over protection is required for a harness!
                  SPDA Member
                  CASC-OR MOBLE 1 #3 DMOD 83 Mazda Hybrid

Comment

Thought so, just surprised no one has mentioned it to the guy.
                    sigpic
                    Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Phillips View Post
                      Thought so, just surprised no one has mentioned it to the guy.
                      Because it's incorrect. In fact if you have a 4 point harness you CANNOT have a roll cage. The rulebook goes into detail on harnesses.

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...ons_online.pdf

.3 Applicable to vehicles with three-point and four-point aftermarket harnesses:
                      i) Three-point and four-point harnesses shall not be used in a vehicle with a
                      roll cage.
                      ii) An aftermarket harness shall be acceptable only after a copy of the relevant
                      documentation has been confirmed by scrutineering, e.g., manufacturers':
                      installation instructions, homologations, model/year-specific information if
                      applicable, etc.
                      iii) Aftermarket harnesses shall either be “DOT-approved” or be homologated
                      under FIA 8854/98. Note: some “Tuner” belts do not carry the appropriate
                      approvals.
                      iv) A “DOT-approved” harness shall carry FMVSS209 or ECE-R16.04
                      designations. The harness shall be installed - and replaced - according to the
                      harness manufacturerʼs instructions and recommendations. Note: a vehicle
                      with a harness with the designation, but insufficient documentation for that
                      harness when installed in that car model, may not be accepted.
                      iv) FIA 8854/98 harnesses shall use two anchorage points to the vehicle for
                      the lap strap, and two anchorage points for the shoulder straps. Installation
                      shall be according to the harness manufacturerʼs instructions and
                      recommendations, or, if applicable, Articles 6.2 and 6.3, Safety belts
                      Installation and Use, and/or Article 16: Seats, anchorage points and supports,
                      from Appendix J, FIA Article 253-2009 (currently at:
                      h t t p : / / a r g e n t . f i a . c o m / w e b / f i a - p u b l i c . n s f / D A 5 8 B F 0 7 D F FA 8 6 3
                      FC1257690003E34B6/$FILE/253%20(10-11)-161209.pdf)
                      v) FIA 8854/98 harnesses shall be replaced before the expiry date indicated
                      on all of the manufacturerʼs labels, i.e., if the harness is in good condition and
                      the labels say "not valid after 2010," then the harness shall not be used after
                      December 31, 2010.
                      .4 Applicable to vehicles with five-point or greater (racing) harnesses:
                      i) Harnesses shall only be used in seats designed for use with anti-submarine
                      belts (a.k.a. sub-belts).
                      ii) Harnesses shall be homologated to FIA 8853/98, SFI 16.1, or, for
                      containment seats, SFI 16.5. All straps shall be free to run through
                      intermediate loops or clamps/buckles.
                      iii) Harnesses shall use two anchorage points to the vehicle for the lap strap,
                      and at least two anchorage points for the shoulder straps. Installation shall be
                      according to the harness manufacturerʼs instructions and recommendations,
                      or, if applicable, Articles 6.2 and 6.3,
                      Safety belts Installation and Use, and/or Article 16: Seats, anchorage points
                      and supports, from Appendix J, FIA Article 253-2009 (currently at:
                      h t t p : / / a r g e n t . f i a . c o m / w e b / f i a - p u b l i c . n s f / D A 5 8 B F 0 7 D F FA 8 6 3
                      FC1257690003E34B6/$FILE/253%20(10-11)
                      iv) Restraint systems homologated to FIA standards shall be replaced before
                      the expiry date indicated on all of the manufacturerʼs labels, i.e., if the
                      restraint system is in good condition and the labels say "not valid after 2010,"
                      then the restraint system shall not be used after December 31, 2010.
                      v) Restraint systems using SFI certification shall show a date of manufacture
                      that is indicated on all SFI labels to be within two (2) years of the date of use,
                      e.g., if the restraint system is in good condition and a label shows a "Date of
                      Manufacture" of June, 2008, then the entire restraint system shall not be used
                      after May 31, 2010. (Note that many SFI harness manufacturers will remanufacture/re-certify their belts.)
                      '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dubya_rx View Post
                        Because it's incorrect. In fact if you have a 4 point harness you CANNOT have a roll cage. The rulebook goes into detail on harnesses.
                        The question was about FIVE point harness, in which case you DO need roll over protection. The converse is if you DO have a roll CAGE, you MUST use a 5 or more point harness.

Note that this applies to CAGE. A Roll BAR is fine to use with 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 point belts.
                        Arek Wojciechowski
                        8legs Racing, SPC #77
                        http://www.8legsRacing.com

Comment

Where does it say a roll bar is required with a five point? The quoted section above says nothing.
                          sigpic
                          Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Note that this applies to CAGE. A Roll BAR is fine to use with 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 point belts.[/QUOTE]
                            sigpic

Comment

but do you not need some type of roll over protectio if you are running any more then an oe 3 point. as if you put it on its lid and the roof collapses you can not duck to prevent a broken neck? i am about a year behind in reading the rule book but that is why i installed a roll bar. so i would be aloud to use my harness.
                              SPDA Member
                              CASC-OR MOBLE 1 #3 DMOD 83 Mazda Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                              X