• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time attack nov. 20 at ddt

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23818

anyone want to let me co drive a car?
    sigpic

Re: Time attack nov. 20 at ddt

I guess all the cars are asleep for the winter!
    sigpic

Comment

Mine is! I'll be there to watch tho!
      Will work for car parts!!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

I'd be there if my car wasn't already apart for the winter

Comment

This would be the event to enter, apparently there isnt gonna be any competition!! lol
          Will work for car parts!!

LSVTEC- EK

Comment

Hello all
            Here is the much anticipated answer to the question about where and when will our last autocross of 2011 be: We will be running a Solo 1 (on track rather than Solo 2 in a parking lot) event on the Mosport DDT.

When: Sunday November, 20th 2011 at 8:00 am. It is imperative that all participants arrive on time as their will be a mandatory safety and driver meeting for all participants! Please arrive early to allow sufficient time to prepare your car for the event and so on.

Cost: $100.00 incl. HST for members (register online) $125.00 incl. HST for non-members (at the track). Lunch and drinks will be included as the cafeteria will not be open. Bring snacks for later in case you get the munchies. Registration will be on-line. As an added bonus, all participants will be invited to remain after the last timed run has completed to take part in open lapping until 5pm when the track shuts down.
            All of the same rules apply as the Solo 2 events with some minor changes. Helmets are mandatory. There will be cones on track creating obstacles. Each cone/gate that gets hit will add a 2 second penalty to your time. If you miss a gate, there will be there a 5 second penalty added to your time as we will be not be able to double back. There will be an EMS attendant at the track. As this event is taking place in late November please dress and prepare accordingly for the environment. Remember, there is no such thing as bad weather for a track day, just inappropriate attire!

If you are not interested in participating but are willing and able to volunteer we would greatly appreciate your help. We need marshals to help ensure safety and success of our first Solo 1 event ever!

Sincerely,

John Venditti
            Vice President/Competition Director
            BMW Club of Canada – Trillium Chapter
            http://trillium-bmwclub.ca
            Last edited by DECH_92; 11-12-2011, 10:38 AM. Reason: Adding line
            1987 DECH MUSTANG
            1999 SI Civic
            BMW Trillium Club
            Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

I wonder how tight the track will be set up? more like an autocross or more like a typical solo1 event?

What is the main reason for having the cones at all?
              sigpic

Comment

Don`t know the answer to how the cones will be placed.

As an added bonus, all participants will be invited to remain after the last timed run has completed to take part in open lapping until 5pm when the track shuts down.
                1987 DECH MUSTANG
                1999 SI Civic
                BMW Trillium Club
                Birel Rotax Supplier

Greg

Comment

I suspect it's to keep in line with the standards and limits of autocross, which typically has a max speed limit of ~100 km/h (think parking lot, not race track) ...

... if run wide open, you can hit ~160+ km/h on the DDT.

The regional autoslalom series has run at the DDT, and put pylons in place to A) limit the speeds, AND B) make it more technical and "interesting".

I'd love to get out one last time this year, but will have to see how next w/e pans out .
                  OMSC
                  Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                  Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
                    I suspect it's to keep in line with the standards and limits of autocross, which typically has a max speed limit of ~100 km/h (think parking lot, not race track) ...

... if run wide open, you can hit ~160+ km/h on the DDT.

The regional autoslalom series has run at the DDT, and put pylons in place to A) limit the speeds, AND B) make it more technical and "interesting".

I'd love to get out one last time this year, but will have to see how next w/e pans out .
                    160 that's childs play...lol that must be for those big heavy Z06's

If they were trying to keep in line with the standards of autocross why would they call it a solo1 event
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KLZEMX6 View Post
                      160 that's childs play...lol that must be for those big heavy Z06's

If they were trying to keep in line with the standards of autocross why would they call it a solo1 event
                      They seem a bit conflicted as they refer to it as both an autocross in the title and an a Solo 1 in the topic... it will probably be a Solo 1.5.
                      -=Brian=-

Comment

Working...
                      X