time attack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time attack question

My cage does not seem to be working out as planned so what I thought was keeping my aftermarket race seat but use the oem seatbelt and removing the cage alltogether.My understanding is that I can use an aftermarket seat but to use a 5 or 6 point harness I need a roll cage or roll bar.Is this correct?

Re: time attack question

Correct, a CASC-OR legal rollbar and properly installed seat and valid belts is all that's required. Then you should have SFI or FIA padding.

What is not working out with the cage?
    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

The cage that came with the car,whoever built it ground down the welds and I am trying to fix it and it is a pain trying to fix someone elses mess.

Comment

also just for general knowledge, the reason we'd like you to only have a 5-6 point with a cage is that if you don't have a cage and you roll your body won't have anywhere to go in case a collapse or something

oem seats and belts are actually designed to let your body fall where it may
        set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Save the prep and buy this package. It is a real deal!!!

http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23859
          sigpic
          Pro Tour Truck

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by mopar1 View Post
            ... keeping my aftermarket race seat but use the oem seatbelt and removing the cage alltogether.

Originally posted by thgear View Post
            ... we'd like you to only have a 5-6 point with a cage is that if you don't have a cage and you roll your body won't have anywhere to go in case a collapse or something
            Depending on how confining the race seat is he might still have the same problem if the car went inverted with no cage. The seat could keep him sitting up straight when the roof comes in OEM belts or not.

Comment

Working...
            X