Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who would i be up against?

hello all.

i'm very interested in taking part in at least one OTA event this season, if everything in my life permits it.

i drive an 84 VW jetta with a 1.8T swap and a ton of mods, and decided to go to the ccdb site to try and figure out where my car would be. the highlighted column (Dyno & Race Wt) gave me a figure of 97.0, which puts me in Modified3.

is there a list of who/what i will be up against? in the ccdb list, there are listings for an 06 Z06 and 05 F430. anyone else?
    jason
    tmb

Re: who would i be up against?

Jason, that must be a seriously modified car. Is it caged? What tires do you plan to run?

Hard to say who would end up in Mod 3 as it all depends on the mods that other drivers use. The newest Z06 ends up there in stock class but can actually drop down 2 classes with street tires.
    Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
      Jason, that must be a seriously modified car. Is it caged? What tires do you plan to run?

Hard to say who would end up in Mod 3 as it all depends on the mods that other drivers use. The newest Z06 ends up there in stTock class but can actually drop down 2 classes with street tires.
      Dave,

It's pretty heavily modified, yes. It's going under the knife before the season starts to put a cage in it among other things. I had a few too many very high speed pucker moments last season at the DDT and TMP, and basically refused to put it on MIR until I had a cage in it.

I haven't decided what tires I'll be running yet as we haven't figured out what bolt pattern it'll have. If we can get 4x100 to work, then probably 15x9 with a 225.45.15, or similar sized full slick. Lots to decide still.

Is it possible that I'll be the only one in MOD3? That certainly would be a pleasant surprise. Being guaranteed first in class regardless of time has and sort of appeal that my ego could get used to.
      jason
      tmb

Comment

Jason,

My goal is to have my rx7 done and since I won 888's for it I will be moved from mod2 to mod 3.

we are getting alot of interest in the series from several new folks, many with highly modded cars, so I would expect you will have competition.

also the way the series is stuctured you compete for class win plus overall. So you will still get to compare to all the classes.

Come out, love it and then come out more!
        sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

I haven't decided what tires I'll be running yet as we haven't figured out what bolt pattern it'll have. If we can get 4x100 to work, then probably 15x9 with a 225.45.15, or similar sized full slick. Lots to decide still.

Is it possible that I'll be the only one in MOD3? That certainly would be a pleasant surprise. Being guaranteed first in class regardless of time has and sort of appeal that my ego could get used to.[/QUOTE]

full slick will put you in mod1, unless they are the contineltal or grand am tires
          sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Jason, be sure that you're looking at your classing with the dyno plot and race weight options. Mod3 would be challenging with the 1.8T motor, and hopefully the dyno and race weight would help. On streets in SGT2 would make life easier on you.

Sidenote: The CCDB is currently being modified to show the correct classing when using a dyno plot with LOTS of mods, but not much hp gain. Feel free to submit your setup to have a CCC person verify your classing.
            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
              Jason,

My goal is to have my rx7 done and since I won 888's for it I will be moved from mod2 to mod 3.

we are getting alot of interest in the series from several new folks, many with highly modded cars, so I would expect you will have competition.

also the way the series is stuctured you compete for class win plus overall. So you will still get to compare to all the classes.

Come out, love it and then come out more!
              That's good to hear! I won't be able to make it out to all the events, but I will certainly try to make as many as I can.

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
              Jason, be sure that you're looking at your classing with the dyno plot and race weight options. Mod3 would be challenging with the 1.8T motor, and hopefully the dyno and race weight would help. On streets in SGT2 would make life easier on you.

Sidenote: The CCDB is currently being modified to show the correct classing when using a dyno plot with LOTS of mods, but not much hp gain. Feel free to submit your setup to have a CCC person verify your classing.
              Yup, that is the Dyno & Race Weight option. There was another option that put me at 127.5. According to the .pdf that I saved, I have 24.0 ePIPs, 14.0 sPIPs, 7.5 bPIPs, and 2.5 oPIPs.

A lot of what I put down was an estimate based on what has been and what will be done, so I could find the car downgraded on the scale a bit. Once it's actually on the road and ready for use, I'll re-do the grading and submit it.
              jason
              tmb

Comment

Mk2 Jetta with a 1.8T sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob-RT View Post
                  Mk2 Jetta with a 1.8T sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that this year.
                  it's a mk1, actually.
                  jason
                  tmb

Comment

I'm at 96.5 as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by dirtbox View Post
                      Yup, that is the Dyno & Race Weight option. There was another option that put me at 127.5. According to the .pdf that I saved, I have 24.0 ePIPs, 14.0 sPIPs, 7.5 bPIPs, and 2.5 oPIPs.
                      I think I figured out what you've done... I'll continue this in PM.

Excerpt to everyone: Put notes beside what you check off and mention what you've done. e.g. beside Swaybar PIP, you may have removed the swaybar, upgraded the swaybar, or downgraded the swaybar. We need to know for "outperformers". Sometimes though, your comments help us find other PIP's you should have taken, or we find that you've taken too many. (e.g.: 5.0.B.3 is free if you've already claimed 5.0.B.1 or .2.
                      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Alright, I've made notes and submitted. I look forward to your response.
                        jason
                        tmb

Comment

Working...
                        X