"Buddy System"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Buddy System"

I've always done my best to be a "buddy" to people, and will continue to do so. I just won't be around much this season, unfortunately . Maybe DDT and MIR ... er ... CTMP .
    OMSC
    Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
    Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

I believe all of the OTA people are extremly helpful for new comers.

It appears it is being asked to have dedicated helpers.

I will say without a doubt, OTA offers the most help, the best variance of tracks and the best instruction available for Time Attack
      sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
        I believe all of the OTA people are extremly helpful for new comers.

It appears it is being asked to have dedicated helpers.

I will say without a doubt, OTA offers the most help, the best variance of tracks and the best instruction available for Time Attack
        Agreed! We're just looking for ways of making what is good even better. It may turn out it is not needed but we thought we'd give it a trial run. We can re-evaluate at the end of season. Thanks again for all comments (pro and con) and especially for those who have volunteered to be on the list.
        Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
        OTA Director 2015
        ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post
          I've always done my best to be a "buddy" to people, and will continue to do so. I just won't be around much this season, unfortunately . Maybe DDT and MIR ... er ... CTMP .
          Yes you're a superb buddy! I can certainly vouch for that! To those new to the series: when I blew a valve, Capt Pete offered me his brand new Z06 ride so I could score points....I declined, of course, BUT it doesn't get any better than that for a true "buddy"

NB we are not asking folks to instruct, or teach. Just to show the new folks around the paddock, intro them to the other folks, help out with the event logistics, etc. Especially for someone new to the sport, this means a lot (I know).
          sigpic
          Supporting member of several
          grassroot Clubs

Comment

Excellent initiative.

JohnP

Comment

I am usually around ... send 'em over
              Klaus
              BMW 325es
              Solosprint SGT2, #192
              Solo 2 D/Mod, # 192

The older I get, the faster I am ...

Comment

Originally posted by Alloy GT View Post
                Yes you're a superb buddy! I can certainly vouch for that! To those new to the series: when I blew a valve, Capt Pete offered me his brand new Z06 ride so I could score points....I declined, of course, BUT it doesn't get any better than that for a true "buddy"

NB we are not asking folks to instruct, or teach. Just to show the new folks around the paddock, intro them to the other folks, help out with the event logistics, etc. Especially for someone new to the sport, this means a lot (I know).
                So many examples of this type of cooperation. It is a great series. I know my experience has been positive too. Many people have helped in many ways. I have to mention Perry R. though. Just because he also drives a Mustang, I started asking him stuff. I think he's patiently answered about a thousand questions since then.
                OTA Director 2015
                ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

^^ You probably didn't realize most of my answers were carefully crafted to keep you just slightly slower than me!
                  #25 summer & winter

Comment

Originally posted by ONdriver View Post
                    ^^ You probably didn't realize most of my answers were carefully crafted to keep you just slightly slower than me!
                    Took a while but I caught on! Have to try and remedy that situation
                    OTA Director 2015
                    ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

There's definitely a natural trend for people to gravitate towards owners of similar cars, in hopes that that owner is not also a newbie, so hopefully they can A) provide helpful/general advice, and B) provide car-specific advice .

Usually that's a good approach, until you learn the hard way (like Kelly), that your new "buddy" (like Perry) isn't being nearly as "helpful" as they could be!!

So really, it's probably better to talk to somebody with a completely different car, and/or from a different class altogether, so there's no competitiveness getting in the way of good advice .

I mean, I'll GLADLY advise anybody with a Honda, who's looking to improve their lap times, to step up to a Corvette. At that point, I have nothing further to add .
                      OMSC
                      Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
                      Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pete View Post

I mean, I'll GLADLY advise anybody with a Honda, who's looking to improve their lap times, to step up to a Corvette. At that point, I have nothing further to add .
                        Hey, Buddy - I'm glad you didn't say Nissan.

The friendships gained during track weekends make it memorable. This is a great initiative.
                        sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

You are not supposed to give all the help you can??

So that is how I did not win the Nationals last year
                          sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

If you need any help at the track feel free to to connect.
                            Woot!
                            Now CrITical Inc.
                            Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Working...
                            X