Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTA Event # 9 & 10 at Grand Bend (September 22nd & 23rd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTA Event # 9 & 10 at Grand Bend (September 22nd & 23rd)

Just a reminder that the final two events for the 2012 season are less than two weeks away. If you haven’t done so already, please register

Track configuration will be Technical and reverse Technical. See Gary Wood’s video of the track at http://youtu.be/MXu7m35_O3M
    Last edited by IWannaGoFast76; 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM.
    [B]Carsten
    OTA #276, GT1[/B]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: OTA Event # 9 & 10 at Grand Bend (September 22nd & 23rd)

Look forward to it!
    Corey Whiteman

Comment

To bad I can't make it
      Season is done for me, looking forward to next year events
      sigpic
      Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
      UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

I have a few questions.

Is it going to be the Technical track including the drag strip/hairpin? Which direction is "reverse?" Which direction will be run which day?

Can I just show up the day of and run? EDIT - I see that I can...for an extra $15. I guess that makes the event fee $195.

I don't have my Class C licence. What's the deal there?

I'll probably have more questions...we'll start with that.
        Last edited by Snizzoop; 09-11-2012, 04:17 PM.
        TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director

Comment

Originally posted by Snizzoop View Post
          I have a few questions.

Is it going to be the Technical track including the drag strip/hairpin? Which direction is "reverse?" Which direction will be run which day?

Can I just show up the day of and run? EDIT - I see that I can...for an extra $15. I guess that makes the event fee $195.

The drag strip will be excluded as the transition from the track to the strip is supposedly too bumpy

We will most likely run clockwise on Sat and counter-clockwise on Sunday

You can purchase a temp license, for a nominal charge, on the day of the event or if you register in advance
          [B]Carsten
          OTA #276, GT1[/B]
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

How much is this "nominal" fee?

Comment

Originally posted by snizzoop View Post
              how much is this "nominal" fee?
              $10
              [B]Carsten
              OTA #276, GT1[/B]
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I have a few questions.

Love to see you come out Arris, been a while! Bring the following forms (filled out of course) when you show up to the event..

Entry form

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...r_seasonr1.pdf

Safety checklist

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...r_seasonr1.pdf

As for classing your car, you can do this at registration, but Serge is usually quite busy and would appreciate you classing the car ahead of time. Use the following link.

http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/Defa...21&Car_ID=2661

I will be there early Saturday morning so let me know if you need any help.
                Corey Whiteman

Comment

I put my car through the CCDB...and it looks like GT1...does that sound right?

1993 Civic DX Hatch
                  JDM B20 (147HP and 133TQ at the crank)
                  GSR Throttle Body
                  Header + Gutted Cat
                  OEM 98+ JDM ITR transmission (gearing change and LSD)
                  Shocks
                  Springs
                  Non-Stock Alignment
                  Urethane Bushings
                  JDM ITR Rear Sway Bar
                  Walbro Fuel Pump & Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
                  R888s

I have a front sway bar, but I've disconnected one of the endlinks for autoslalom. I've never tracked the car, so I might find that I need it. I didn't include it though when I went through the CCDB.

I've removed the rear seats...I didn't put that in the CCDB. I'm also missing a few interior pieces (centre console) that I didn't include the CCDB either.

GT1 seemed a bit high to me...but who knows...maybe it's right.

Comment

I put my car through the CCDB...and it looks like GT1...does that sound right?

1993 Civic DX Hatch
                    JDM B20 (147HP and 133TQ at the crank)
                    GSR Throttle Body
                    Header + Gutted Cat
                    OEM 98+ JDM ITR transmission (gearing change and LSD)
                    Shocks
                    Springs
                    Non-Stock Alignment
                    Urethane Bushings
                    JDM ITR Rear Sway Bar
                    Walbro Fuel Pump & Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
                    R888s

I have a front sway bar, but I've disconnected one of the endlinks for autoslalom. I've never tracked the car, so I might find that I need it. I didn't include it though when I went through the CCDB.

I've removed the rear seats...I didn't put that in the CCDB. I'm also missing a few interior pieces (centre console) that I didn't include the CCDB either.

GT1 seemed a bit high to me...but who knows...maybe it's right.
                    Unfortunately, the R888s will not help your cause as they are only worth -5 pips. If you had streets, it would be -10 and you would end up in GT2. If your car is near the 13s in the 1/4 you should do just fine speed wise. I run GT2 and I would be happy to be in the low 15's. However, we both have a big handling advantage and that makes up any lack of power, especially when on a smaller track like Grandbend. Mosport is another animal.

So yes, GT1 sounds appropriate but make sure to include those interior pieces. I suspect you should still be in the same class. And just to make you feel better, there is still 6 classes higher(faster) than GT1.
                    Corey Whiteman

Comment

The only streets I have are OLD Falken Azenis 615s...I don't that it's worth trying to race on those.

As you can see in my signature (a few years ago mind you), I ran a 13.918 @ 99.66 MPH with 121 LBFT & 156 HP at the wheels. I think my car is much slower in a straight line now...maybe mid 14s if I'm lucky.

Comment

You will do just fine im sure!
                        Corey Whiteman

Comment

I just added all the missing trim stuff...added the front bar...still in GT1.

We'll see if I get out or not.

Comment

Looking forward to this event, other than the 5 degrees in the tent at night

Comment

The forum has been quiet this past month, hope we get a good turn out! Not looking forward to the 5 degree nights either, but I am for the fire and beer!
                              Corey Whiteman

Comment

Working...
                              X