2013 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Schedule

When can we expect to see the 2013 schedule? I know the 2012 season just ended but this information would be good to have as soon as possible so teams and racers can prepare for the season and use the information for prospect partners. I think if OTA can attract more spectators through marketing we can increase the value of the series to sponsors which will keep racers racing.

Thanks,
    Blake Yoworski
    BlackLine Racing

Re: 2013 Schedule

Blake,

The OTA committe actually starts next seasons planning now, however we submit request dates to the tracks and have to wait for them to confirm which dates we request will be available.

We will post as soon as we know, and thank you for your interest.

I hope you enjoyed your season and look forward to a great 2013
    sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

It was a great season thanks very much Scott.

Comment

Waiting anxiously to see if/when Grand Bend will show up. Hoping to have the truck ready to run it!
        ----

Comment

Grand Bend will be on the schedule.

Are you planning on switching between left only to left and right?

are you going to try to make other venues too?
          sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

to the general public

what are your general opinions on total number of events and amount of events necessary to compete for the overall championship?
            set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

I would love to have more events! And to make those who cannot do the full schedule happy, make it 6 events that count instead of 7.

Also, what about Calabogie??
              Corey Whiteman

Comment

I liked the way it was run this year just fine.

10 events with 7 needed right? If life had not gotten in the way I would have run them all.

I know people say its too much but there are not many opportunities to actually compete and get timed. I don’t want to come across rude but if you think it is too much of a commitment then there are plenty of open lapping days all over the place to attend. I also LOVE the 2 day weekends. I have to drive at least over an hour and a half to every track other than TMP so it makes it worth my while to spend 2 days away racing.

Just my .02 cents...

Sincerely, very happy OTA Competitor

Comment

Personally,

I find 7 events a bit tough. With the weekends being mostly double headers (a format I do like), you can only afford to miss one weekend the whole season.

I'd suggest counting half plus one.

Gentle suggestion, not a moan. Really enjoyed my season.
                  Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Like others, I too really enjoyed everything about this season. I like the 2-day weekend events. It's a weekend away in the summer. I don't mind 7 mandatory events, but I was able to commit to all 10 events. I know that's a lot for some. If we go back to 9 events, then I suppose 6 mandatory would be fine. MIR is my favourite track, so I hope we can do at least two or three events there. FWIW.
                    Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
                    OTA Director 2015
                    ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

6 out of 10 looks better to me too
                      sigpic
                      Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
                      UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
                        Grand Bend will be on the schedule.

Are you planning on switching between left only to left and right?

are you going to try to make other venues too?
                        Well, I'm 90% sold on the switch, because racing Friday nights, more than anything else, is the biggest problem we face all season at Delaware. So being able to spend the winter setting up the Truck, maybe even into the Spring and summer, and then shooting for one or two weekends, is financially feasible and doable time-was. So I certainly can't guarantee which events we'll run, but I hope to make at least one. It will be TMP, Grand Bend or Mosport DDT, but Grand Bend is by FAR the easiest for us.

I'm going to contact GBMP in the Spring to see what sort of "open track days" they have... I'll definitely feel a lot more confident showing up to compete if I've tested the truck and worked the wrinkles out. Reliability has been our Achilles' Heel lately.
                        ----

Comment

The summer is short, if the schedules didn't conflict with regional racing i woulnd't mind coming out to a few events. I believe the more events that are available the more attractive it becomes.

This year alone I had 6 weddings I had to go to, lucky only one fell on a race weekend ( which i did both) . I remember 2 years ago I had weddings on every race or track weekend events, ruined my summer.

Cant get enough of seat time before the winter sports start.
                          2004 VW R32 GT4 #20

Comment

I'm hoping to have the Talon out next season so my quick input:

I'd be great if it was 4 or 5 events for the series. However, I think 6 is a number that should allow more competitors to compete for championship if maintaining the current number of events. I think anything over 6 events is a BIG committment for most people. Either three full weekends or a mixture of double-headers and single days (which affects more weekends) is tough.

I'm assuming that most people know when they see the schedule if they can meet the minimum for the championship. Requiring a high number of events to score reduces the importance of attending events for these people. Then it becomes like baseball. Many games reduce the importance of any single game, so no big deal if you miss one. Too many events reduces the drive to attend any particular event because, meh, I'll make the next one since I can't contest the championship.

My opinion is:
                            3x double-headers
                            2x one day events
                            5 req'd for championship

I would think this concentrates attendance to fewer events and maybe reduces some financial & volunteer burden.

Good job to all the volunteers that make these events happen, and for the committee taking the steps to improve the format. I'm looking forward to running next year.

p.s. - I'm not interested in CSCS for those that will say it's too few events and if I can't committ there are other options. I like OTA and it's people (although I do think the classes should be reduced to increase the delta to 1.5s/class, driver is too big a variable for 1s splits, but that's for another thread)
                            www.spda-online.ca
                            sigpic

Comment

The general rule for championship series is (and should be) half plus 1. Though I would say when you have a number like 7.. 4 of 7 is a stretch and depending on the track distribution, I could argue for 5 of 7.

The series would benefit from fewer better attended events rather than the inverse. 10 events is just too many with the current competitor base.
                              wired motorsports.com
                              canada's motorsports community

Comment

Working...
                              X