Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Competitor Meeting Ideas Thread

Originally posted by iamthewheelman View Post
    I gotta get in on some of this co-driving stuff. I think it would help the car classification stuff aswell, seems how we have limited data to work off of.
    We need more people like you.

In terms of car wear, just cut the driving time by half on competition days and spend a lapping day or two at a safe track familiarizing yourself with the car and its nuances. Yes it will cost more money in terms of $/track time but it'll be a lot easier on the car and will be the cheapest 'spec-series' you can ever do.
    2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
      We need more people like you.

In terms of car wear, just cut the driving time by half on competition days and spend a lapping day or two at a safe track familiarizing yourself with the car and its nuances. Yes it will cost more money in terms of $/track time but it'll be a lot easier on the car and will be the cheapest 'spec-series' you can ever do.
      Although I could never do that, it is a great idea!
      Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
        For our racing purposes, torque hardly matters.
        Reaaaaally?

DDT is a point and shoot track with it's tight 4 90 degree corners and short top and bottom straights.

In 05 I had an LX Mustang in with my 107ish whp Civic.

Then when you take into account the back straight at mosport, uphill... yeaaah....

But that car did get moved the following year (but I already stopped participating... not because of that) but it was ridiculous a car with twice the torque of mine was in the same class. Not surprisingly everyone in my class was beat by him at the DDT. Course he got moved by changing the handling index.
        wired motorsports.com
        canada's motorsports community

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor View Post
          Reaaaaally?

DDT is a point and shoot track with it's tight 4 90 degree corners and short top and bottom straights.

In 05 I had an LX Mustang in with my 107ish whp Civic.

Then when you take into account the back straight at mosport, uphill... yeaaah....

But that car did get moved the following year (but I already stopped participating... not because of that) but it was ridiculous a car with twice the torque of mine was in the same class. Not surprisingly everyone in my class was beat by him at the DDT. Course he got moved by changing the handling index.
          Anecdotally data tells me that DDT probably punishes peaky HP cars more than other tracks, slow speed corners and low average speeds likely would contribute to that. Everything else we run at tends to be faster.

That said, DDT is probably the second most power biased track we run at besides MIR itself, so 100whp Civics will probably have a hard time against V8 Mustangs there.
          03 Z06 #72
          15 Prius V

Comment

Just a reminder of the meeting this Sat at 1 PM. Yes the CCC has something to say, but we are happy to listen to competitors thoughts and ideas.

Be aware that all final decisions re rule changes are made by the organizing committee but they really want your input.
            Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
              Just a reminder of the meeting this Sat at 1 PM. Yes the CCC has something to say, but we are happy to listen to competitors thoughts and ideas.

Be aware that all final decisions re rule changes are made by the organizing committee but they really want your input.
              Wish I could come but saturdays are a no go for me at this time of the year
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KLZEMX6 View Post
                Wish I could come but saturdays are a no go for me at this time of the year
                epic friday hangovers?
                set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

no James works his a$$ off over the next few months

and if you winter drive your pride and joy, message Jim to protect it
                  sigpic

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                    epic friday hangovers?
                    haha i wish...i go to bed fri night early so i can get up at 6 to go to work to oil spray between 175 and 225 cars on a busy saturday in the fall!

Originally posted by racecartech View Post
                    no James works his a$$ off over the next few months

and if you winter drive your pride and joy, message Jim to protect it
                    Thanks Scott! We are working hard to try and catch up for all that raining weather we had from Sandy!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X