Dude, do you even autocross? Aug 18 OTA/Autoslalom co-drive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, do you even autocross? Aug 18 OTA/Autoslalom co-drive thread

Loved Barry's idea from the other thread in the Autoslalom section. He proposed autoslalom guys offer up co-drives to Time Attackers to minimize car shuffling throughout the day and let your cars cool down between sessions. Here we go:

I am offering up my 2000 Mazda Miata LS for co-drive by a willing (read: daring ) Time Attack driver.

- Tires: 225 section RS3s
    - Brakes: Hawk HPS front, HP+ rear
    - Has stock LSD
    - Everything else: stock
    - Class: STR
    - Aligned by Scott M

Much less hardcore than a preped time attack car but it's no slouch through the cones.

No compensation required. Just pay for your own registration. Easy and cheap way to try out autoslalom.

Reply or PM if interested. I'm cross posting this to the Autoslalom section in hopes that other people also offer up co-drives.
    Last edited by yangsui; 08-15-2013, 04:01 PM.
    Mmmmmmm cones...
    sigpic

Re: Dude, do you even autocross? Aug 18 OTA/Autoslalom co-drive thread

Can Time Attackers do a fun autocross run in their own car at the end of day?

JohnP

Comment

Unlikely. The driver needs to be registered in the event to be eligible for run runs at the end of the day.

PITL - Car #102
      CASC - Car #102

Comment

Originally posted by Ziploc View Post
        Unlikely. The driver needs to be registered in the event to be eligible for run runs at the end of the day.
        Not always, this is at the organizers discretion - Fun runs are fun!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        2014 Solo2 Car #46

Comment

You're certainly welcome to join in John, however our fun run time is usually fairly limited and shared throughout the whole field of two run groups. Marshals won't be out for them and there may not be much of a course left by the time you get to the line.

I'd certainly encourage any interested OTA'ers to sign up for the auto-x event in full and take runs as and when they can. We will be as flexible as possible with fitting dual runners in, but we can't PROMISE that they'll get the full number of runs due to the time pressures of both events.

Use your own car, take Yang (or whoever else) up on their offer to co-drive. Either way is all good. We'll help out with classification, which can all be done on the day if needs be.
          Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Working...
          X