• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick Hello

That would be outstanding!! Watkins Glen , Calaboogie and Mosport GP
    Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

One of the biggest budget differences that I see between CSCS and OTA is that CSCS contenders tend to optimize their tires better. And they're willing to buy new tires mid-way through the season. A lot more OTA folks are willing to go with a sponsored (cheaper) tire because it's more economical to get out to the track.

CSCS class champions are also often decided by who can make every single event and persevere through/without car or marital problems. Having the ability to drop events I think also gets OTA a little closer to rewarding driver skill.

And I'm in the same park that series are different. No one series is "better" than the others.

So, back on topic... You will do great on your TD's in OTA, Mike!
      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Wow lots of interesting discussion. Although this is a CASC forum it it good to see so many people interested in the sport and time attack in particular.

I caution that the comments made here are personal and reflect only the feelings of those writing the comment. They are not a reflection of the way CASC views the 3 series.

That said the good thing is that each series seems to understand their clientele well and each is doing their best to maximize the experiences for their competitors. This is complicated by the rising prices and changes that CTMP is making, which will certainly adjust pricing in the future.

As a competitor I think this is good because I can choose the series that best meets my outlook and more importantly budget. There is likely going to come a time when each of us will look to run our cars elsewhere so it's great to have options.

To me the best path for everyone to take is to grow the sport/hobby in any way we can by promoting all the series and letting each new person decide what's best for them. That way we will always have the benefit of choice.
        Gary Wood:
        GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Originally posted by 3wheeler View Post
          Whether you think it is ok or not, the people from other series do not seem to enjoy it. How do we know this you may ask? Steve and I attend other events and hear all about it... I got an OTA banner on my windshield and sometimes I find myself having to explain why this, and why that.. I do my best, but this isn't helping.

In an attempt to get this thread turned around.. Mike, can you share some photos and build related material - there are a few 350Z owners competing in OTA and I am sure they would love to see it.
          Uh, well the best place to follow from my beginnings in March of last year would be my "track car conversion" thread.

http://my350z.com/forum/east-canada/...onversion.html
          You have to take me with a grain of salt. I'm a total rookie and I have a weird sense of humour that usually results in me doing things for my own entertainment.

More recently I created a Facebook page. A) to copy a "rival" of mine who did so as well. B) to limit my constant posts about cars and racing to my Facebook friends who really want to hear about it. The others don't have to like the page and won't be bothered. C) I noticed people who reached out to social media as well as doing well were more easily able to gain at least partial sponsorship. D) feed traffic to my YouTube page which actually makes me some money now.

It's so easy to update Facebook and everyone who was interested has kinda gathered there so it's now becoming the most up to date.
          "Michael Gardner Motorsports" on Facebook is the public page. I know sounds uh, self absorbed. But that's not the intent at least.

I'm 2THPWR on YouTube as well. slowestfastcar on Instagram.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the 22nd. Except for riann. I want to hold the SSR record over the winter please.

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
            Look forward to seeing you guys on the 22nd. Except for riann. I want to hold the SSR record over the winter please.
            The Corvette is ready to run hard! You're gonna have to work for it... Lol
            03 Corvette Z06

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
              The Corvette is ready to run hard! You're gonna have to work for it... Lol
              Ugh my own line against me! Well Good luck! I should have got the job done when I had my chance last time, at least I would have had it for a month!

Comment

Well 50% of the season came and went without me being able to attend a single event.

I will miss Mosport too with other commitments.

Maybe I will make the last event at GBR which is very close to me. Tires are the main concern but I will probably just run on some well used "non premium R comps".

Comment

Well its one year late but I signed up this year for every single event.
                  I haven't been to most of the tracks on the schedule so that will be an adventure.
                  My car again this past summer.

Come say hello in the pits.

Comment

Hey Mike... I was talking to you at the open house about classing and what might happen with the new weight loss rule applied. Turns out, you're not affected at your current race weight. Your weight loss JUST snuck in under 10% loss (like 9.5% loss).

Comment

Originally posted by wparsons View Post
                      Hey Mike... I was talking to you at the open house about classing and what might happen with the new weight loss rule applied. Turns out, you're not affected at your current race weight. Your weight loss JUST snuck in under 10% loss (like 9.5% loss).
                      That's good. I would do what it took to make sure I didn't get hit with that rule. I have never actually weighed the car with full fuel, it's only been weighed empty, so that is one thing I am going to get done by a shop before I send in my final classification spreadsheet. I am assuming a full tank of gas weighs about 120 lbs. 80L tank in my current rough draft classification.
                      Last edited by 2TH PWR; 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I guess the magic number will be (0.9)3269 = 2942.1 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
                          I guess the magic number will be (0.9)3269 = 2942.1 lbs
                          Submitted race weight includes your weight, the 10% weight loss subtracts your weight and compares it to the weight of the base car. Doesn't change the math, just clarifying how the calculation works based on what numbers are entered.

As long as you stay above 2942.1 + your weight as the race weight, you're good

Comment

Also known as the Whiteman-Bortolotti tax...
                            Steve Bortolotti
                            #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

Originally posted by ScubaSteve8 View Post
                              Also known as the Whiteman-Bortolotti tax...
                              The best way to handle it is to think of it as the OTAO complimenting your fantastic car preparation methods, because they aren't ready to admit that you out-drove them fair and square.
                              sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                              OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

I make a lot of videos and social media posts in order to gain google adsense revenue. So, I know I have a bit of a different style than most competitors but there is method to my madness.

Anyways here is my first video of the season. Round 1 & 2 from my seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv-ckDdqV_Y

Comment

Working...
                                X