Quick Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Hello

I've kinda been lurking in the wings for a couple of years, but I am making a commitment to myself to run as many OTA events next year as possible.

My name's Mike, I drive a 2003 350Z that will probably be classed around SGT1 depending on what I do to the car?

Don't have a lot of experience, say maybe 15 track events over the last 2 summers.

Just looking forward to visiting new tracks with you as an organization.

Re: Quick Hello

Welcome to OTA Mike. We look forward to seeing you next year.
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Welcome Mike. We have another similarly modified 350z that runs with our group so you will have a good benchmark to compare with, at least until you get comfortable with the excellent pax system.

If you want help optimizing for the rules, just ask and someone will be more than willing to help you out. It's a very giving community.
      2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Welcome, Mike! Glad you made it to the our forum.
        sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
        OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Welcome to the party
          03 Z06 #72
          15 Prius V

Comment

Welcome Mike,
            I drive a 2003 350Z too, although its stock and I run in GT3.
            Glad to see another Z.

Comment

Mike, you're going to have a lot of fun! Glad you're participating in OTA!
              Frank
              sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Nice to see you here Mike. -Farshad
                F.Sani
                SGT3 - #614

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  Looking forward to trying new tracks. Don't care too much about the pax.

Here's a pic.

The basics: ~ 9lbs/hp. Hankook TD's this year. F/R swaybars, endlinks, camber arms, alignment, koni yellow shocks, swift spec r springs, carbotech pads, apr GTC300, homemade splitter.

Comment

And one hell of a screaming motor!!

Great to see you will join in on the OTA fun, Mike. Seen your car on Facebook a fair bit, will be great to have you running with us!
                    Steve Bortolotti
                    #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

Originally posted by ScubaSteve8 View Post
                      And one hell of a screaming motor!!

Great to see you will join in on the OTA fun, Mike. Seen your car on Facebook a fair bit, will be great to have you running with us!
                      Thanks, I think I've been watching you on youtube!

I'm disappointed that my car doesn't really seem to fit into the fray here. Part of me really did want to "compete" with you guys. But that looks impossible based on this years pax system. But I will still approach it with a positive attitude and treat it as a learning experience and gain as much as I can from you guys so thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post

I'm disappointed that my car doesn't really seem to fit into the fray here. Part of me really did want to "compete" with you guys. But that looks impossible based on this years pax system. But I will still approach it with a positive attitude and treat it as a learning experience and gain as much as I can from you guys so thanks for the welcome.
                        Great to hear you want to attend next year! Car looks great btw.

I can understand your concern in regards to pax, our system isn't exactly friendly when it comes to heavily modified cars...Although you may not be able to compete for overall, there will be allot of cars/drivers you can compare yourself too, and I guarantee the OTA experience alone is worth it.

Look forward to seeing you out there!
                        Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post

I've seen most of your vids on youtube, it's fun to see you reduce your lap times periodically. Your car without the aero is SGT3 on street tires. It's pretty much the same mod style the season points champion, Corey, has, except he has much less power and is in GT2. A prime example of a car that can win pax in SGT3 is a Corvette c5z06 running 255 street tires. This year, Corey has proven that a well put together suspension set up paxes really well when driven great. If Corey added only power to get into SGT3, he would pax well there too. Point being, your suspension may be your weak link in performing optimally or per your expectations. The sponsors of OTA like Can Alignment can help you get your car up to speed. Look forward to seeing and hearing your car out there, I love the noises 350z's make.
                          2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Hopefully the CCC will accept your dyno plot. It only took me two years to get them to agree. Athough with your engine mods I expect the MEG will work out to be the same as the dyno plot.

If it's in the budget I would get the best suspension possible for the 6 pips. Koni sports aren't Motons or ASTs (which is what I'd recommend). SPL can set you up.

Good luck - once you try the big track you'll wonder what you've been doing all this time at TMP. Just don't go off in turn at 135kph 3
                            sigpic
                            2006 350z
                            OTA SGT1 #14 GT Challenge GS #19

Comment

Originally posted by Kart14 View Post
                              Hopefully the CCC will accept your dyno plot. It only took me two years to get them to agree. Athough with your engine mods I expect the MEG will work out to be the same as the dyno plot.

If it's in the budget I would get the best suspension possible for the 6 pips. Koni sports aren't Motons or ASTs (which is what I'd recommend). SPL can set you up.

Good luck - once you try the big track you'll wonder what you've been doing all this time at TMP. Just don't go off in turn at 135kph 3
                              Can you say what the hold up with the Dyno plot was? I have to do one because of to many PIP's and would like to avoid a hassle if at all possible.

Thanks
                              sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Working...
                              X