Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shootout Smack Talk

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
    You must really like the shootout competition format of 1 vs. 3 hot laps. It should reduce the odds of you breaking down by 2/3rds.

Oh snap!
    Oh, you had to snap yourself. So sad. Yup, slamming on the brakes for Corey was a bit costly. Should have just ran by him since he was going so slow, but my student was in the car with me. I like the 1 lap format just fine because I'm guessing it's going to be about 1.2L of fuel per hot lap. I can run down to around 3L without starving the engine, so I just have to figure out my consumption Saturday morning. Easy Peasy.

Originally posted by 3wheeler View Post
    I love pressure - perhaps I should direct you to last years results.
    I clearly remember you being a bit nervous about Mohamed's CW time. Well, it's all clockwise this year! We're running no kink on the back straight this time, so we'll have to be prepared for white flags when you're having trouble making it up the hill. SGT1 and MOD3 scores were pretty good at event 2... I fancy my chances. Did I mention that I grab 5th right before that SW crest?

Originally posted by k.beaty View Post
    Looks like a Hankook TD to me. And they are available in hard or soft compounds. Too bad they wont be enough for Stephen to beat the poor little Celica...
    You guys definitely know the tires you're going to get beat by.
    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post

I clearly remember you being a bit nervous about Mohamed's CW time. Well, it's all clockwise this year! We're running no kink on the back straight this time, so we'll have to be prepared for white flags when you're having trouble making it up the hill. SGT1 and MOD3 scores were pretty good at event 2... I fancy my chances. Did I mention that I grab 5th right before that SW crest?
      You're right, he was fast - but I still was able to win the round despite being my first time ever to go CW. And Stephen, you're not helping your case here...cars that are so slow, and still beat you on raw time, looks really, really bad.
      Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by k.beaty View Post
        Too bad they wont be enough for Stephen to beat the poor little Celica...
        Could be much worse.

Having your manly chest wig mobile lose out to a lipstick red Miata...

...man....

that's gonna take a bucket load of natural male enhancement pills, big aggressive dogs and automatic weaponry to make up for.
        Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Saj5DJ View Post
          that's gonna take a bucket load of natural male enhancement pills, big aggressive dogs and automatic weaponry to make up for.
          Thankfully all three of those are provide with every Corvette GM sells.
          Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
            Thankfully all three of those are provide with every Corvette GM sells.
            True that! The dress, high heels and stockings come with the Miata.
            CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
            sigpic
            Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
            X