This Sunday's Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sunday's Shootout

Please be advised that we are to stay away from the areas at the DDT that are under construction. When you come in the main entrance please stay to the right. The area that formally encompassed the old skid pad is out of bounds.

Please refer to the diagram that was sent to you earlier.

Thanks in advance.
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Re: This Sunday's Shootout

On behalf of all the competitors participating this Sunday, I just want to say you guys are doing an amazing job keepings us up to date on how the shootout will be going down this Sunday. I have never received so many emails from OTA
    Corey Whiteman

Comment

Have a great day tomorrow! Drive well and let's set some great times!
      sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Who's racing at the Shootout? Post up some info for those of use who aren't there!
        sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

After two rounds of lapping I had to leave due to unforeseen circumstances. Disappointed
          It looked like thing were running smoothly and I'm looking forward to the results!
          Many thanks to Chuck, Gary and many more for this event.
          Last edited by 10gt61; 09-29-2013, 07:36 PM.
          Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
          OTA Director 2015
          ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

I had a great time lapping in the morning also.

Hoping some of the photogs there post some pics of us lappers

Rob
            RETROCRX

Comment

Great event!!!! Thanks to every one!!!!! Looking forward for next season and new DDT track
              sigpic
              Alex. Time-Attack #133 GT-3
              UMBRELLA CONTRACTING

Comment

It was good to see everyone on my one and only day out to the track this year (cut short by a blown tire).

And very exciting to have watched the race from the timing tent along Joe's TSN-quality babble.

I think the Shootout format is a success and really adds a welcome dimension to our sport.

Most intersting personal observation was that running the shootout was almost like running seperate events with people dropping off after each heat. With the #1 spots being traded after each session, it truly was anyone's game that day.

Great job everyone!

And I'd shake Barry's hand if he wasn't so damn sick. Talk about determination.
                set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

What a great event! I can't thank the organizers & sponsors enough for adding such a unique event to the season, and for letting us participate at no charge. I hope the shootout is here to stay, and that it will grow/evolve over the years to come.

Congrats to Corey, Mohammed, Carsten, Chris, and Ujjwal for making it into the final 5, and to Corey for taking a much-deserved win! It was exciting to watch you guys drive your hearts out in the final round.
                  Steve Bortolotti
                  #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

Originally posted by thgear View Post
                    It was good to see everyone on my one and only day out to the track this year (cut short by a blown tire).

And very exciting to have watched the race from the timing tent along Joe's TSN-quality babble.

I think the Shootout format is a success and really adds a welcome dimension to our sport.

Most intersting personal observation was that running the shootout was almost like running seperate events with people dropping off after each heat. With the #1 spots being traded after each session, it truly was anyone's game that day.

Great job everyone!

And I'd shake Barry's hand if he wasn't so damn sick. Talk about determination.
                    Ouch..did the damage in the rear have happen as a result?
                    Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by ScubaSteve8 View Post
                      What a great event! I can't thank the organizers & sponsors enough for adding such a unique event to the season, and for letting us participate at no charge. I hope the shootout is here to stay, and that it will grow/evolve over the years to come.

Congrats to Corey, Mohammed, Carsten, Chris, and Ujjwal for making it into the final 5, and to Corey for taking a much-deserved win! It was exciting to watch you guys drive your hearts out in the final round.
                      Thanks Steve! It was an awesome event and a real pressure cooker!!!

Everything did really good with only a couple surprises in terms of finishing order. Getting to the top 5 was tough, but having to run both ways just made it a whole lot worse...thankfully coach Steve was on my side! Congrats to the rest of the top 5, especially Mohamed with a blistering cw lap - wow! Had me sweating big time...and on top of that, we had to wait 40 minutes to find out who the winner was! Well played OTA
                      Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by 3wheeler View Post
                        Ouch..did the damage in the rear have happen as a result?
                        everyone kept asking me about that

the damage in the rear of the white FRS was due to a disagreement between thin japanese metal and a solid concrete column in an underground parking garage.
                        set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Great to watch, but next time... keep the clerk in the loop. Would be great if we could broadcast Joe over internet radio next time so we can find out what is going on from remote locations. I have a 6GB plan... lets use that sucker up!
                          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Corey - Congratulations.
                            Porsche 718 GTS, 2019 Civic Coupe LX Project Car, Grand Bend Raceway, Honda House Motorsports

Comment

There are solutions to broadcast to the internet. We can put it on Ustream.tv next time and post a link to the URL to listen to the broadcast. That would be cool, it lets us do video as well at 480P so we can put up a webcam to follow the action as well as the live broadcast.
                              President, Co-Founder
                              http://www.spda-online.ca
                              sigpic
                              SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
                              2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
                              2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
                              Supported by the greatest companies!!
                              Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

Working...
                              X