Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get the lap times from competition on Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get the lap times from competition on Sunday?

Just wondering if we kept that data, with all the fun/pressure it was hard to see what times everyone was putting down?
    Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Re: Is it possible to get the lap times from competition on Sunday?

anything... for a price

seriously though Perry would be the only person with access to the raw timing file. Gary would have the session-by-session report. However any DNFs would be wiped.
    set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Would love to the times as well! Congrats on your 57 second lap John - I heard that one with my own two ears!
      Corey Whiteman

Comment

Thanks Corey! that was a nice way to closeout the DDT!
        Though I like the way you closed it out better!!
        Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Originally posted by Fubawu View Post
          Just wondering if we kept that data, with all the fun/pressure it was hard to see what times everyone was putting down?
          We do have the data!
          Check with Chuck as to whether or not it will be posted.
          #25 summer & winter

Comment

I will post the raw lap times later this evening.
            Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
            Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
            Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Is it possible to include the PAX times as well? Would be interesting to see how they trended over the day.
              '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

Shootout Raw Lap Times can be found here:

http://www.casc.on.ca/timeattack_results

I will see what I can do about PAX times tomorrow.
                Chuck Atkins

Comment

Shootout PAX times by round can be found here:

http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...s_by_round.pdf
                  Chuck Atkins

Comment

Soooo... I know I kinda borked my runs... but I was there

Am I perhaps one of the two Robert Giddings'?
                    Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Ya Barry there was a few hiccups at the shootout, if you look at the times I was eliminated by mistake near the end. Cost me a shot at the top 5! I appreciated OTA contacting me after the event to explain the mistake. I really think next time we should take a few minutes between rounds to get things exact. At the end of it we had almost an hour of open lapping, So why the rush??

With all that being said I still had a blast and I think it was a real benefit to everyone. I know it helped me learn how to push early on cold tires as well as set up changes to tire pressure. Kudos to the OTA crew!
                      Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Originally posted by Fubawu View Post
                        Ya Barry there was a few hiccups at the shootout, if you look at the times I was eliminated by mistake near the end. Cost me a shot at the top 5!
                        Huh. Just checking the results. Me too apparently. No contact here...

I'll keep the 6th place i earned throughout the season please...

Edit: Well now I'm really confused. My PAX results don't correlate at all to the RAW results.

It was a fun day guys, but if we're not getting results right, then it really should have no bearing on any official finishing order.
                        Last edited by Saj5DJ; 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM.
                        Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

A while ago there was a problem with synchronizing the registration database with the timing system database (or rather files) on a per event basis. It didn't affect anyone's timed results since the timing data is accurate. I don't know if that issue still persists. Calculating organizer points are another source of issues at times. As for the Shootout I'm not sure how it was accomplished but having event-like results based on PAX after each round was something I thought might give our system some fits. Perhaps the timing system issues can explained during the CCC meeting before the banquet.
                          CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                          sigpic
                          Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

I think everybody should keep in mind the PAX times were manually generated at the shootout since the timing software does not actually create a report with PAX times, it only takes the fastest PAX time, assigns it 100 points and then ranks everybody downwards from there. Since this was the first year for the shootout and we weren't sure how it was going to fly, it didn't seem like a good investment to modify the software for this change. Since the shootout looks like it will be returning next year, this software modification will likely be implemented.

With respect to the problems over the past season it wasn't so much of a synchronization problem as more of a missing or inaccurate data from the registration system being passed on to the timing system. You've heard of the old computer adage "garbage in = garbage out" which is why results sometimes were a bit slow in being released to make sure none of the previous event results were affected inadvertently.

I would be more than happy to explain things in more detail at the upcoming workshop (if somebody buys me a beer!).

By the way, since Lloyd is not returning next year we are taking applications for Chief Timer or Timers Assistant. The ideal person would have experience with Microsoft Excel and Access and be retired to have sufficient time to generate results after each weekend, which I don't always have an opportunity to do in a timely manner.

Perry
                            #25 summer & winter

Comment

Barry I don't think the shoot out has any
                              bearing on the season totals. I think it was
                              more of a playoff to have a single Champion

If this is not the case there is a bigger issue
                              with the timing mistake. Truth be told it really
                              makes the event void. The positive to the finish
                              is Corey won and he was also very dominate
                              in the regular season. So from that stand point
                              things worked out.
                              Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Working...