• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hada

Thanks for the memories.

RIP HADA
    Now CrITical Inc.
    Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Re: RIP Hada

say what ??

set tire pressures to winning!

Comment

Club is done
      Now CrITical Inc.
      Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

???

Sorry to hear this news. I'm sure many of us would like to know more.

In addition, will the club be offering their equipment etc. to other clubs?

best wishes to all.

darcy
        "Go play with your iPad. Leave the men to shift the gears."- e30og
        88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

shocking!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darcyw View Post
            In addition, will the club be offering their equipment etc. to other clubs?

darcy
            And barely after the fall the scavenger animals arrive.
            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Wow, I know that motorsports attendance from HADA has been low in the past few years but I didn't expect this. As a former member back in 2000 I'm sad to hear of the club's demise.
              CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
              sigpic
              Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                And barely after the fall the scavenger animals arrive.
                PM sent.

darcy
                "Go play with your iPad. Leave the men to shift the gears."- e30og
                88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
                  Wow, I know that motorsports attendance from HADA has been low in the past few years but I didn't expect this. As a former member back in 2000 I'm sad to hear of the club's demise.
                  In 2013 we had about 10 OTA HADA competitors, two class winners and finished third in the OTA Club standings.

The existing BOD had changed life priorities and were not interested in continuing for 2014. Many of them had been volunteering in varies aspects for multiple years. Other existing members didn't offer to step up to help, so the BOD decided to close HADA.

Any volunteer based organization needs new volunteers to step up, to help continuation of the club.

If competitors expect amateur motorsports to continue in Ontario, they need to volunteer. There is always an excuse and expectation that someone else will step in, but when that doesn't happen, HADA RIP.

Comment

Sad to see a good club go. Like John P says, it takes volunteers to make things happen. Regardless, I'm hoping that the execs change their mind or a few re-invigorate the organisation to keep things happening.

My opinion is that a "Last Ditch Effort" should be attempted, perhaps take the club liquid assets and have a KICK AZZ track day, perhaps to energize some previously stagnant members into stepping forward. A wise man once told me (while learning to ride Motocross) never let go of the handlebars until you see your own front number plate.

If there is anyone from HADA reading this, we will be willing to assist in a Track Day, we already have 2 dates booked at the new DDT and would be willing to share one of those to help out.

PM me or Slowpoke, we'll see what we can do to help.
                    President, Co-Founder
                    http://www.spda-online.ca
                    sigpic
                    SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
                    2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
                    2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
                    Supported by the greatest companies!!
                    Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!

Comment

As a former HADA member, it's sad to see the club go.

If only I had the time to dedicate to help run a club, but I'm in the same boat as those who were running the show.

Too many obligations to have anything left to put a proper effort into maintaining the club.

Too bad.......

Comment

Working...
                      X