New DDT laptimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DDT laptimes

Could the instructors/ lappers on the days of the ota school post your lap times in both configurations if you have it? I saw some instuctors with lap timers. It would help as a refernece for what I need to work towards.
    "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
    sigpic

Re: New DDT laptimes

Spencer, you may be over analyzing things. Conditions on both days(even the dry) were less than ideal, and IMO not really good for comparison. Furthermore, the track was not even finished, and with cones on still on track(someones 2 feet from the apex), and unfinished curbs, I expect times will be dramatically different come events 1/2.

I would at least wait until the CSCS event later this month - by then the track will be finsihed...or so I think.
    Corey Whiteman

Comment

That is true the times will differ come event #1 and #2 but I think the times can still be compared as we all ran in the same conditions, so technically the times would be hampered by the same stuff.
      "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
      sigpic

Comment

Agree there are a lot of reasons to discount today's times, but with over a month to go until we all get to drop the gloves at OTAs DDT event, a little bench racing would be welcome.

1.44.4 in a GT4 car.
        Greg.

Comment

For me, times where irrelevant, I did not check tire pressures the same way I would in TA and I drove the car at 90%. Lines where way off braking points where earlier. Run off meant a major repair bill in certain areas.

Even in the OTA practice you have to take the times you see in the morning with a grain of salt. Most people build speed throughout the day and save a little for the afternoon.
          Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Hate to be a buzz kill, but that's pretty much what I was getting at. Some instructors weren't driving near their full potential, or even in cars they will be competing with come events 1 and 2.

Bench racing is fun, but when we are talking about a difference of a seconds, what's the point? The CSCS event will give you a great reference.

Oh, and if someone has the new DDT mapped out(for AiM loggers), please let me know as I did not get around to doing it Saturday.
            Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by Fubawu View Post
              For me, times where irrelevant, I did not check tire pressures the same way I would in TA and I drove the car at 90%. Lines where way off braking points where earlier. Run off meant a major repair bill in certain areas.

Even in the OTA practice you have to take the times you see in the morning with a grain of salt. Most people build speed throughout the day and save a little for the afternoon.
              Based on the amount of FILTH all over my car, the track was still really dusty under the water too.

You definitely missed out on Sunday though John, LOTS more grip in the dry

Comment

Originally posted by wparsons View Post
                Based on the amount of FILTH all over my car, the track was still really dusty under the water too.

You definitely missed out on Sunday though John, LOTS more grip in the dry

I thought of you guys Sunday! With my tires everyday is like a rain day
                Porsche 1971 911S VARAC

Comment

Originally posted by 3wheeler View Post
                  Hate to be a buzz kill, but that's pretty much what I was getting at. Some instructors weren't driving near their full potential, or even in cars they will be competing with come events 1 and 2.

Bench racing is fun, but when we are talking about a difference of a seconds, what's the point? The CSCS event will give you a great reference.

Oh, and if someone has the new DDT mapped out(for AiM loggers), please let me know as I did not get around to doing it Saturday.
                  Ditto for me. BTW I accidently zapped MIR from my Solo lap timer last season. Does anyone know if there some way to re-load the pre-configured version of MIR without adding the track at start/finish. I got some really strange behaviour the last time I set MIR start/finish.

Anyway my Solo lap timer was so confused with the old DDT config that I got a lap time of 17 minutes! That's a full minute faster than last year's times so I knew it was off.
                  CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                  sigpic
                  Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Ok I'll wait till the CSCS results are out. @Carguy, Dave's aim solo was having trouble getting laptimes too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry I missed this, but I was having lots of fun changing diapers and getting spit up on. Sounds grim, but it's actually pretty awesome

Must get a chance to visit the new track before event 1 and 2.
                      Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Enjoy your track time off Barry. You'll be back to turning laps before you know it and wishing you were back at home swapping diapers.
                        CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                        sigpic
                        Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
                        X