Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWB Question - What Classification am I in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWB Question - What Classification am I in?

Hey,

So I'd like to start doing Time Attack. I checked the base car list:

1999 Ford Mustang GT - PI 65.6 - GT3

However, I have a couple bolt-ons (well, they did bolt on):

1. Air-Air Intercooled Vortech V2-SQ supercharger on 7psi boost (around 380 rwhp)
    2. Baer 4 piston Track 4 brakes on all wheels
    3. Upgraded Springs and Shocks and upgraded strut tower, sway bar and anti-roll kit
    4. Headers/X-Pipe and Exhaust
    5. R-Compound tires 265 fronts and 315 rears

Any clues as to what I would be in? Is there a tech person who tells you after an inspection? I'm a bit lost when I look at the 5.0 section of the PIPs.

But here is what I'm thinking:
    Intake: +4
    Exhaust: +3
    Electronics & Fuel: +3
    Forced Induction: +12
    Section E, F, G: 0 - long block is stock
    Dyno: 390 rwhp
    Drivetrain and Tires: +6
    Suspension & Running Gear: +7

Stock: PI 65.6 Modified: PI 100.6

Sound about right-ish?
    Last edited by MEANMCHN; 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM.
    Scott - 99 Mustang (480RWHP + 470RWTQ)

Re: NEWB Question - What Classification am I in?

Your brakes are free, spring and shocks are 6 pips, sway is 1 pip each and r-Comps are 5 pips. For the upgraded strut tower, do you mean its reinforced if so it should be free and the anti-roll kit I'm unsure.

Edit: You might want to do a dyno plot and get your car classified using that, I think that would put you in a lower class cause your class is going to be pretty high at over 100pips.
    "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Haikara,

I modified the list based on your input, what do you think now?

Scott
      Scott - 99 Mustang (480RWHP + 470RWTQ)

Comment

I think you missed the part where you can lose some pips if you enter your driver weight.
        "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
        sigpic

Comment

Considering that you now have forced induction, you definitely want to submit a dyno plot. Your car will be classified either based on the dyno plot ( with correction of power at the wheels to power at the crank) or the minimum expected gain or MEG, whichever is higher. For cars with lots of engine mods, this is the way to go. For more info look at the Time Attack home page and look under forms for the dyno submission.
          Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

If your current PIP schedule is correct and you are 160lbs (random number I came up with) and including that you do an alignment for the car. Your going to end up being MOD 3. By using your 380whp and entering that into the dyno section you up being slightly into SGT1 (90.8 pips) and if you tweak your mods a bit you can drop into SGT2 which is 2 classes lower than MOD 3.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X