Hotels for the Grand Bend Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels for the Grand Bend Weekend

It looks like we've picked a very busy weekend for our event at Grand Bend this year. Many of the local hotels are booking up fast!

I have reserved a block of rooms at the Bayfield Village Inn, which is about 20 minutes north of Grand Bend, on Hwy 21. It is just north of Bayfield, and a short drive to Bayfield's Main St. Call them at 519-565-2443.

They have a block of rooms available, each with a double bed, for $126/night. They can be booked until June 15, when any unbooked rooms will be released.

Grand Bend is a great family resort town on Lake Huron. The beach is huge, and the main drag is packed with resort-type shops, arcades, restaurants, and ice cream stands. Unfortunately, there are a number of events going on that weekend, so accommodation is scarce.

Bayfield is known for its harbour (and huge sandy beach). There are many sailboats, and facilities to support the boat-people. The main drag in Bayfield has many very nice restaurants, clothing, and book stores.

If you want to stay in the heart of things (in Bayfield), I'd recommend the Little Inn or the Red Pump (expensive, but they include amazing meals) or the Albion Inn (a roadhouse with rooms). These hotels are on Bayfield's Main St., and you can walk to the beach or the harbour.

The Grand Bend hotel closest to the track is the Colonial Inn. They are currently booked on the Saturday night for a wedding, but rooms will be released on June 8th. You may want to book Friday now, and get on the waiting list for Saturday. I expect it will be booked up shortly after the rooms are released.

The Oakwood Inn (where a number of people stayed last year) is booked on the Saturday night, but has availability on Friday. Other hotels are booked on Friday, but have rooms on Saturday.

The Pinery Provincial Park is just south of Grand Bend, and is very popular with campers. There is a tonne of stuff for families within the park.

Of course, camping is free at the track, and there are flush toilets and hot showers on site.
    sigpic
    Rob McAuley
    TAC President
Working...
X