Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast is CTMP / MIR / Mosport GP

Fast!!

Average lap speed is fast, we all know that.

The top of the back straight is fast, especially for those cars with power! Well known ... 260kph for some.

But how fast exactly is the rest of the track? Question gets asked often and guessed even more often. Some might even peak at the speedo to see (tsk! tsk! Thats a big no no ... high consequence track, remember!)

So to put that question to rest I pulled some data off Traqmate and mapped out corner entry/mid/exit speeds for my T1 99 Miata. No speed demon ... "T" in the T classes is probably somebodys idea of a joke using T for "Tea service" on the back straight ... but for this it will suffice. Your mileage will vary.
    Attached Files
    Matt C
    OTA #38 Miata

Re: How fast is CTMP / MIR / Mosport GP

That's really cool, I'm assuming this is km/h?

Interesting that going into Moss you're almost at the same speed as the top of the back straight.

Great info.
    Scott - 99 Mustang (480RWHP + 470RWTQ)

Comment

Originally posted by MEANMCHN View Post
      That's really cool, I'm assuming this is km/h?

Interesting that going into Moss you're almost at the same speed as the top of the back straight.

Great info.
      I assume he would be flat out downhill through corner 4
      sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Very neat Matt.

Here's mine from last year, 1:44.8 by the datalogger (AIM Solo)

Haven't quite got the hang of the software properly, so it puked speed points everywhere.

Looks like you really got the upper hand in 3, whereas I took it back out of 5 and 8 .
        Attached Files
        Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

This is awesome info! Thanks for posting, hope to see some more
          Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
          AutoSlalom #87

Comment

Barry what mods and tires did you have on your miata when you did the 1:44?
            "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haikara2308 View Post
              Barry what mods and tires did you have on your miata when you did the 1:44?
              That was my '97:

Koni Yellows with coilover sleeves, sways, 15x9 wheels, 225/45/15 BFG Rivals.
              Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Saj5DJ View Post
                Haven't quite got the hang of the software properly, so it puked speed points everywhere.

Looks like you really got the upper hand in 3, whereas I took it back out of 5 and 8 .
                Your software may be a step ahead then; I had to manually add my speeds as the Traqmate software can't drop speed points that I can find.

Unfortunately the new "rumble bumps" at T5b turn-in had me so focused on avoiding them I kept forgetting to try 2nd gear ... might have been worth a few more ticks at the end of the straight.

Yeah T3 ... it never felt right in iRacing, so my goal was to figure it out on the real deal. Success it seems.

Too bad you didn't get out; I suspect your new Miata might have made it into the low 1:44s or even 1:43s.
                Matt C
                OTA #38 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by minispeed View Post
                  our new Miata might have made it into the low 1:44s or even 1:43s.
                  Would have needed to at the rate you and Pierre were running!

I had a few laps at the end of the day, but without the competitive element my heart wasn't in it and was posting 1:46's.
                  Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Barry, I estimate that the combination of a new car with more HP, improving driving skills and a competitive environment would have likely dropped your lap times in the 1:43s. For the few events you've driven in this season you've been much faster than Matt, Rob and I.
                    CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                    sigpic
                    Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by minispeed View Post
                      Fast!!

Average lap speed is fast, we all know that.

The top of the back straight is fast, especially for those cars with power! Well known ... 260kph for some.

But how fast exactly is the rest of the track? Question gets asked often and guessed even more often. Some might even peak at the speedo to see (tsk! tsk! Thats a big no no ... high consequence track, remember!)

So to put that question to rest I pulled some data off Traqmate and mapped out corner entry/mid/exit speeds for my T1 99 Miata. No speed demon ... "T" in the T classes is probably somebodys idea of a joke using T for "Tea service" on the back straight ... but for this it will suffice. Your mileage will vary.
                      That's some great driving Matt!
                      CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                      sigpic
                      Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Great idea!

This is what a 1:24.5 looks like with the Z:
                        Attached Files
                        Sasha Anis - GT2 Nissan 350z - CTCC Super Class Hyundai Genesis ('12 Champions)

Mobile Dyno + Race Services

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha View Post
                          Great idea!

This is what a 1:24.5 looks like with the Z:
                          Excellent. Thanks for posting that Sasha. 200kph at the bottom of 4. And >196kph going into 4 corners puts a few exclamation points on just how fast this track is!!!
                          Matt C
                          OTA #38 Miata

Comment

Damn that's fast Sasha. Thanks for posting.

Did anyone else find it really choppy around the apex of turn 3, or was it my car/driving?
                            Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
                            AutoSlalom #87

Comment

Here's one from the high grip/low power end of the spectrum. Same lap as in the video I posted. Track color is longitudinal accel (red for accel, blue for decel). Brakes are only touched in 3, 5 and 9.
                              Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X