Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How fast is CTMP / MIR / Mosport GP

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
    That's strange, as the power and weight is similar. My BMW hit 162 top speed at shanny but 192 at mosport. I guess mir is extremely wind dependent as I've had 10kmh difference in my Mustang depending on the day.
    I think torque has something to do with it. The FA20 puts out 200HP and 151LB/FT of torque. Correct me if I'm wrong but the BMW 328is puts out 190HP and 210LB/FT of torque in stock form if that's what you were running. We talked about the intake manifold mod but I don't think you installed it did you?
    CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
    sigpic
    Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Yup, I had the m50 intake manifold which actually decreases torque but increases hp. My car is still in the same condition as the shootout, clutch mysteriously always engaged, undrivable. Wish I could come out but got married so yeah, maybe next year . I like seeing all the data logs in this thread, I feel like I'm at the events. I wonder if we could superimpose all the data, I've done that in excel with an aim data logger source and racechrono source, a bit of work but very interesting.
      2010 to 2013 OTA competitor with a Honda, Ford, and a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
        Ujjwal, good to hear from you man.

The best I could do was 160.6 Kph on the Pro track and 160.0 Kph on the Long track. Both days were windy and partly cloudy in the mid to high 20 degrees IIRC.

Will, were you running with an OFT tune? Or did you go back to stock tune?
        That was with an OFT tune, but the off the shelf tunes are really mild. There's a ton of untapped HP still in the tune. I've been running the beta of his version 2 tunes (91 octane tune still) for a couple weeks, and it definitely feels stronger than the old version. I'm going to flash to the now public beta which includes a 93 octane tune and try it out as well.

My speed does read a bit low as well because I'm running 225/45's which are slightly taller than stock (or your 245/40's).

Comment

Originally posted by wparsons View Post
          That was with an OFT tune, but the off the shelf tunes are really mild. There's a ton of untapped HP still in the tune. I've been running the beta of his version 2 tunes (91 octane tune still) for a couple weeks, and it definitely feels stronger than the old version. I'm going to flash to the now public beta which includes a 93 octane tune and try it out as well.

My speed does read a bit low as well because I'm running 225/45's which are slightly taller than stock (or your 245/40's).
          Thanks for the info. I wonder if it's worth getting the custom E-Tune.
          CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
            Thanks for the info. I wonder if it's worth getting the custom E-Tune.
            If the tuner knows the car well, yes. If not, then not so much.

"jamesm" and "nelsmar" on ft86club have been getting great results N/A (and turbo) and will both do custom e-tunes on EcuTek (but not OFT, too slow and tedious).

I just flashed to the 93 octane OTS tune tonight and filled up with 94, I'll let you know how it runs once the ECU adjusts a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ujjwal View Post
              Yup, I had the m50 intake manifold which actually decreases torque but increases hp. My car is still in the same condition as the shootout, clutch mysteriously always engaged, undrivable. Wish I could come out but got married so yeah, maybe next year . I like seeing all the data logs in this thread, I feel like I'm at the events. I wonder if we could superimpose all the data, I've done that in excel with an aim data logger source and racechrono source, a bit of work but very interesting.
              Congrats Ujjwal! The BMW just needs a little TLC.
              CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X