Event 6/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event 6/7

After an initial checking and discussion about my harness setup with no roll cage and the front wheels rubbing the sway bar I've fixed both issues. Removed the harness bar and harnesses and installed steering rack stop spacers.

Should be at Event 6/7. They're apparently running 2 events back to back? Am I reading that right or is it similar to the CTMP event where there is a school the day before the main event?

Scott
    Scott - 99 Mustang (480RWHP + 470RWTQ)

Re: Event 6/7

Originally posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    After an initial checking and discussion about my harness setup with no roll cage and the front wheels rubbing the sway bar I've fixed both issues. Removed the harness bar and harnesses and installed steering rack stop spacers.

Should be at Event 6/7. They're apparently running 2 events back to back? Am I reading that right or is it similar to the CTMP event where there is a school the day before the main event?

Scott
    It's going to be two complete and separate events one on the 6th and a completely new and different one on the 7th
    Last edited by Merkur_XR; 07-19-2014, 10:38 AM.
    sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

It's the same track both days but in different configurations. There's also going to be lapping held by the Grand Bend Raceway the Friday before the event to allow people to practice the two different configurations.
      "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
      sigpic

Comment

Is there any word on which layout will be which day?
        Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
        AutoSlalom #87

Comment

As per Rob's thread: http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=30150

It should be: "As things are looking now, we will be running the track WITHOUT the loop on the front straight; clockwise on Saturday and counter-clockwise on Sunday."
          "Racing makes Heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty." -- Peter Egan
          sigpic

Comment

Very cool, looking forward to it, I'll most likely only make one of the 2 days. Need to see if CAA doesn't mind towing me out there
            Scott - 99 Mustang (480RWHP + 470RWTQ)

Comment

Originally posted by MEANMCHN View Post
              Very cool, looking forward to it, I'll most likely only make one of the 2 days. Need to see if CAA doesn't mind towing me out there
              CAA won't drop you off and pick you up at the same location
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haikara2308 View Post
                It's the same track both days but in different configurations. There's also going to be lapping held by the Grand Bend Raceway the Friday before the event to allow people to practice the two different configurations.
                Hi Spencer,
                How much is it to track the car on Friday before events 6 & 7?
                Tell me how to sign up please!

Are you going this weekend?

Thx Hope to see you, TomB Oo=[][]=oO #33
                sigpicOo=[][]=oO
                OTA#33 TomB,

Comment

Originally posted by Oo=[][]=oO View Post
                  Hi Spencer,
                  How much is it to track the car on Friday before events 6 & 7?
                  Tell me how to sign up please!

Are you going this weekend?

Thx Hope to see you, TomB Oo=[][]=oO #33
                  Tom, it should be $125 now cause I think the prepayed deadline for $100 was last Friday. Here's the link for signing up: http://grandbend.lweb.net/index.cgi?...0Car%20Lapping. And yes I'll be there for the weekend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spencer, I just paid on the website, it was still only $100.00 for Friday lapping 9:00am.

I didn't see how late the lapping session run, as I won't get there until the afternoon.

Thx TomB
                    sigpicOo=[][]=oO
                    OTA#33 TomB,

Comment

Spencer, I just paid on the website, it was still only $100.00 for Friday lapping 9:00am.

I didn't see how late the lapping session run, as I won't get there until the afternoon.

Thx TomB
                      Have fun at Grand Bend Tom. I wish I was going.

I might see your at the shootout as an observer

Hopefully you got your cars issues sorted out. I have parts coming for mine but its not going to be ready for this season.
                      sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Thx TomB
                        It's 9am-4pm.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great weather, forecast.

Swimming in the lake after BBQ.

Camp fire and racing tales, afterwards. Smores.

Can't beat this for a fantastic weekend.

JohnP

Comment

Originally posted by Merkur_XR View Post
                            Have fun at Grand Bend Tom. I wish I was going.

I might see your at the shootout as an observer

Hopefully you got your cars issues sorted out. I have parts coming for mine but its not going to be ready for this season.
                            Hey Glenny, I'm going to miss you! Why not go visit your brother and make a nice weekend out of it? (and bring your helmet!) What else are you gonna do?

The car was still on the hoist at the race shop when I came home tonight; new SS brake lines and new pads for the weekend. The Tranny rear seal started puking viscous black and clear gel; it's got to be fixed. My mechanic drove to a 4th place finish in his Lola chassis Ford at Honda Indy, so he was pumped. If I could ever get my fat ass into a single seater I think it would be a blast.

I changed my flight to Johannesburg to Monday, then flying back from Dubai in time for the Shootout, so I hope to see you there!
                            TomB
                            sigpicOo=[][]=oO
                            OTA#33 TomB,

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
                              Great weather, forecast.

Swimming in the lake after BBQ.

Camp fire and racing tales, afterwards. Smores.

Can't beat this for a fantastic weekend.

JohnP

Great Haiku John.
                              Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
                              AutoSlalom #87

Comment

Working...
                              X