Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Event 6/7

Originally posted by Oo=[][]=oO View Post
    Hey Glenny, I'm going to miss you! Why not go visit your brother and make a nice weekend out of it? (and bring your helmet!) What else are you gonna do?

The car was still on the hoist at the race shop when I came home tonight; new SS brake lines and new pads for the weekend. The Tranny rear seal started puking viscous black and clear gel; it's got to be fixed. My mechanic drove to a 4th place finish in his Lola chassis Ford at Honda Indy, so he was pumped. If I could ever get my fat ass into a single seater I think it would be a blast.

I changed my flight to Johannesburg to Monday, then flying back from Dubai in time for the Shootout, so I hope to see you there!
    TomB
    Never originally planned on making this before my car broke or actually I broke my car would be more accurate so I have something else going on this weekend with the family otherwise I might have made the trip, have fun
    sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Do we run in thunderstorms or heavy rain? I've never been out to OTA in the rain so not sure the protocol.

The question obviously comes up because of a less than ideal looking forecast
      Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
      AutoSlalom #87

Comment

We run rain or shine. We take a break if there is lightning in the area.
        Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
        Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
        Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Re: Event 6/7- concurrent WOSCA autoslalom

Just wanted to drop a line and thank the time attack crew (Chuck and Gary et al) for inviting WOSCA to run an auto slalom event concurrently with your Grand Bend event on Sunday. You've got a great group of competitors who, like us, love to talk about our cars and our particular disciplines.

Thanks again.

darcy
          "Go play with your iPad. Leave the men to shift the gears."- e30og
          88 GTX, 00 SiR, 06 AP2

Comment

Originally posted by MEANMCHN View Post
            Very cool, looking forward to it, I'll most likely only make one of the 2 days. Need to see if CAA doesn't mind towing me out there
            you could get a 24 hr permit and insurance for $20 ....
            Elvis
            Ice Racing, RallyX and Autox

Comment

Originally posted by Tunermax View Post
              Do we run in thunderstorms or heavy rain? I've never been out to OTA in the rain so not sure the protocol.

The question obviously comes up because of a less than ideal looking forecast
              Unfortunately you just can't trust the weather man. Only 1 session with 1 group of 5 cars was affected by rain all weekend (guess which one I was in )

Didn't run into any wrath of God type rain until I hit the Kitchener/401 area on the way home Sunday.
              Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                Unfortunately you just can't trust the weather man. Only 1 session with 1 group of 5 cars was affected by rain all weekend (guess which one I was in )

Didn't run into any wrath of God type rain until I hit the Kitchener/401 area on the way home Sunday.
                2 sessions actually

No kidding about the rain on the way home. I need to install some drainage in my floor.

Great event by the way and big thanks to all who organized, helped out and volunteered!

It had a bit of everything - track competition, dragsters, autocross, skydiving, and possibly the largest acreage of neon Spandex ever to hit Ontario.
                Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

Working...
                X