• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmorris
    replied
    Re: Event 6/7

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
    Unfortunately you just can't trust the weather man. Only 1 session with 1 group of 5 cars was affected by rain all weekend (guess which one I was in )

Didn't run into any wrath of God type rain until I hit the Kitchener/401 area on the way home Sunday.
    2 sessions actually

No kidding about the rain on the way home. I need to install some drainage in my floor.

Great event by the way and big thanks to all who organized, helped out and volunteered!

It had a bit of everything - track competition, dragsters, autocross, skydiving, and possibly the largest acreage of neon Spandex ever to hit Ontario.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Barker
    replied

Originally posted by Tunermax View Post
    Do we run in thunderstorms or heavy rain? I've never been out to OTA in the rain so not sure the protocol.

The question obviously comes up because of a less than ideal looking forecast
    Unfortunately you just can't trust the weather man. Only 1 session with 1 group of 5 cars was affected by rain all weekend (guess which one I was in )

Didn't run into any wrath of God type rain until I hit the Kitchener/401 area on the way home Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• madspeed
    replied

Originally posted by MEANMCHN View Post
    Very cool, looking forward to it, I'll most likely only make one of the 2 days. Need to see if CAA doesn't mind towing me out there
    you could get a 24 hr permit and insurance for $20 ....

Leave a comment:

• darcyw
    replied
    Re: Event 6/7- concurrent WOSCA autoslalom

Just wanted to drop a line and thank the time attack crew (Chuck and Gary et al) for inviting WOSCA to run an auto slalom event concurrently with your Grand Bend event on Sunday. You've got a great group of competitors who, like us, love to talk about our cars and our particular disciplines.

Thanks again.

darcy

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

We run rain or shine. We take a break if there is lightning in the area.

Leave a comment:

• Tunermax
    replied

Do we run in thunderstorms or heavy rain? I've never been out to OTA in the rain so not sure the protocol.

The question obviously comes up because of a less than ideal looking forecast

Leave a comment:

• Merkur_XR
    replied

Originally posted by Oo=[][]=oO View Post
    Hey Glenny, I'm going to miss you! Why not go visit your brother and make a nice weekend out of it? (and bring your helmet!) What else are you gonna do?

The car was still on the hoist at the race shop when I came home tonight; new SS brake lines and new pads for the weekend. The Tranny rear seal started puking viscous black and clear gel; it's got to be fixed. My mechanic drove to a 4th place finish in his Lola chassis Ford at Honda Indy, so he was pumped. If I could ever get my fat ass into a single seater I think it would be a blast.

I changed my flight to Johannesburg to Monday, then flying back from Dubai in time for the Shootout, so I hope to see you there!
    TomB
    Never originally planned on making this before my car broke or actually I broke my car would be more accurate so I have something else going on this weekend with the family otherwise I might have made the trip, have fun

Leave a comment:

• Tunermax
    replied

Originally posted by John P View Post
    Great weather, forecast.

Swimming in the lake after BBQ.

Camp fire and racing tales, afterwards. Smores.

Can't beat this for a fantastic weekend.

JohnP

Great Haiku John.

Leave a comment:

• Oo=[][]=oO
    replied

Originally posted by Merkur_XR View Post
    Have fun at Grand Bend Tom. I wish I was going.

I might see your at the shootout as an observer

Hopefully you got your cars issues sorted out. I have parts coming for mine but its not going to be ready for this season.
    Hey Glenny, I'm going to miss you! Why not go visit your brother and make a nice weekend out of it? (and bring your helmet!) What else are you gonna do?

The car was still on the hoist at the race shop when I came home tonight; new SS brake lines and new pads for the weekend. The Tranny rear seal started puking viscous black and clear gel; it's got to be fixed. My mechanic drove to a 4th place finish in his Lola chassis Ford at Honda Indy, so he was pumped. If I could ever get my fat ass into a single seater I think it would be a blast.

I changed my flight to Johannesburg to Monday, then flying back from Dubai in time for the Shootout, so I hope to see you there!
    TomB

Leave a comment:

• John P
    replied

Great weather, forecast.

Swimming in the lake after BBQ.

Camp fire and racing tales, afterwards. Smores.

Can't beat this for a fantastic weekend.

JohnP

Leave a comment:

• haikara2308
    replied

Spencer, I just paid on the website, it was still only $100.00 for Friday lapping 9:00am.

I didn't see how late the lapping session run, as I won't get there until the afternoon.

Thx TomB
    It's 9am-4pm.

Leave a comment:

• Merkur_XR
    replied

Spencer, I just paid on the website, it was still only $100.00 for Friday lapping 9:00am.

I didn't see how late the lapping session run, as I won't get there until the afternoon.

Thx TomB
    Have fun at Grand Bend Tom. I wish I was going.

I might see your at the shootout as an observer

Hopefully you got your cars issues sorted out. I have parts coming for mine but its not going to be ready for this season.

Leave a comment:

• Oo=[][]=oO
    replied

Thx TomB

Leave a comment:

• haikara2308
    replied

Hi Spencer,
    How much is it to track the car on Friday before events 6 & 7?
    Tell me how to sign up please!

Are you going this weekend?

Thx Hope to see you, TomB Oo=[][]=oO #33
    Tom, it should be $125 now cause I think the prepayed deadline for $100 was last Friday. Here's the link for signing up: http://grandbend.lweb.net/index.cgi?...0Car%20Lapping. And yes I'll be there for the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Oo=[][]=oO
    replied

Originally posted by haikara2308 View Post
    It's the same track both days but in different configurations. There's also going to be lapping held by the Grand Bend Raceway the Friday before the event to allow people to practice the two different configurations.
    Hi Spencer,
    How much is it to track the car on Friday before events 6 & 7?
    Tell me how to sign up please!

Are you going this weekend?

Thx Hope to see you, TomB Oo=[][]=oO #33

Leave a comment:

Working...
X