CASC Celebration Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASC Celebration Weekend

The CASC Celebration Weekend takes place on September 27 to September 28. OTA has been invited to attend these festivities on Sunday, September 28th. We would have about 60 minutes to put on an OTA event. The event is to be included as part of a CASC Promotional Video.

The event will be limited to a maximum of 15 cars and will take place on the CTMP - Grand Prix Track. There will be no charge to enter this event.

Please send me an email only if you are definitely interested and WILL attend.

timeattack@casc.on.ca
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Re: CASC Celebration Weekend

Originally posted by OTA Director View Post
    The CASC Celebration Weekend takes place on September 27 to September 28. OTA has been invited to attend these festivities on Sunday, September 28th. We would have about 60 minutes to put on an OTA event. The event is to be included as part of a CASC Promotional Video.

The event will be limited to a maximum of 15 cars and will take place on the CTMP - Grand Prix Track. There will be no charge to enter this event.

Please send me an email only if you are definitely interested and WILL attend.

timeattack@casc.on.ca
    So I get to pay a $500 dollar entry fee and you guys are going to show up and take an hour of the weekend for free something is wrong with this

Comment

Originally posted by Kcodekid View Post
      So I get to pay a $500 dollar entry fee and you guys are going to show up and take an hour of the weekend for free something is wrong with this
      So you are against CASC making a promotional video?

Or do you think that OTA competitors should be jumping at the chance to pay entry fees for the privilege of prepping their cars, towing out to Mosport and getting 5 laps on the track in a non-competitive event?

No axe too small to grind, I suppose.
      Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

And this coming after a thread was posted wondering why road racing cannot attract more racers...With an attitude likes yours, it certainly does not make things any better.

Oh well, I'm just glad there are many other people from that side of the sport who are not as closed minded.

See you guys on celebration weekend!
        Last edited by 3wheeler; 08-16-2014, 08:10 PM.
        Corey Whiteman

Comment

Cool!!! I'm in for that!
          Steve Bortolotti
          #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

I think that having the OTA guys out is only a good thing for the CASC. As long as the current CASC racers get their 100 minutes of tracktime why would it matter if the OTA guys are there? No track time has been taken away from the current competitors and we may even entice a few of the Time Attack guys to come out and race next year.

I am all for it!

Ron

Comment

Just wanted to thank you for your vote of confidence and support. We're actually going to be professionally shooting three of 5 promotional videos during the celebration weekend. Each division will be represented in our Essence of CASC videos coming out later this fall.
              We've invited OTA and the Auto slalom divisions to our race weekend so we can get all the videography done during that weekend.
              Each race division race group will be getting their full complement of track time.
              Perry Iannuzzi
              Past President
              Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs -Ontario Region

Comment

I think it is great making a promotional video for CASC and racing.It's just unfortunate that so much time, energy, and sponsorship money is wasted on the non racing groups (time attack, auto slalom etc.) The definition of racing has become so diluted that spectators have lost interest in all forms of racing. And when you lose or have low spectator numbers you lose good sponsorship which puts more of the cost of racing on the race teams,which in turn reduces the number of teams that can afford to race.

Comment

Can we just press the perma-mute button on Shaker now? He's had more than his share of chances.
                  Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by shaker351 View Post
                    I think it is great making a promotional video for CASC and racing.It's just unfortunate that so much time, energy, and sponsorship money is wasted on the non racing groups (time attack, auto slalom etc.) The definition of racing has become so diluted that spectators have lost interest in all forms of racing. And when you lose or have low spectator numbers you lose good sponsorship which puts more of the cost of racing on the race teams,which in turn reduces the number of teams that can afford to race.
                    Its people like you that ruin any form of motorsports- I would be embarrassed to have you as a participant in my series..

Barry, Kcode is the driver and Shaker is the mechanic...surprised?

Fellow time attackers; I can assure you that this is NOT the mentality of all the W2W competitosrs. Do not let this deter you from helping CASC put together their promotional video.
                    Corey Whiteman

Comment

Indeed Corey. I was autocrossing with a CTCC crew chief all weekend for one example.

As tempting as it is folks, lets not feed the troll by responding to him any further. That's exactly what he wants.
                      Barry

Citizen Cone Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by Saj5DJ View Post
                        Indeed Corey. I was autocrossing with a CTCC crew chief all weekend for one example.

As tempting as it is folks, lets not feed the troll by responding to him any further. That's exactly what he wants.
                        You're better than I, barry.
                        Corey Whiteman

Comment

if corey and barry and any others want to respond to my opinion, which i believe to be valid i am good with that. But if people want to respond with child like name calling I am not nor have i ever lowered myself to that level nor am i about to. I just believe that all forms of racing today seem to have forgotten what racing is really all about and what it really is. A lot of so called racing today does nothing more than dilute what racing really is and this does nothing for our sport.

Comment

So enlighten us chosen one....what is it really about?
                            Steve Bortolotti
                            #82 Mazda RX8

Comment

Originally posted by shaker351 View Post
                              if corey and barry and any others want to respond to my opinion, which i believe to be valid i am good with that. But if people want to respond with child like name calling I am not nor have i ever lowered myself to that level nor am i about to. I just believe that all forms of racing today seem to have forgotten what racing is really all about and what it really is. A lot of so called racing today does nothing more than dilute what racing really is and this does nothing for our sport.
                              I was fortunate enough to race karts at a reasonably high level as a teenager, but the costs became too high and I had to stop. I found out about CASC autox from a fellow car enthusiast that I purchased some parts from. He encouraged me to try it, but it wasn't for me. However, I discovered CASC's road racing division because of my experience at an autox event. Again the cost was unfortunately too high for me too afford to road race, but a road racing participant encouraged me to try out time attack as an alternative. Although I miss racing wheel to wheel very much, and it's something I know I will do again one day, time attack has provided me with a way to participate in sanctioned events, with good competition and structure, as well as keep getting seat time and network with people involved in the sport. I see all of these things as positive, and many other have had similar experiences.

I too am curious to hear why you do not feel autox and time attack are not valid forms of racing. Is it that they are based on time? Cars do not battle side by side? Do you feel rally and hill climb events fall under the same umbrella as time attack and autox?

I do not claim to know a lot about motorsport history but I remember reading Jackie Stewarts biography and he talked a lot about how he participated in hill climb events at a young age to get some of his first opportunities to drive race cars on circuits.

I personally feel time attack could be viewed very much in the same light with its growing popularity. You never know who the next driver to make it big will have raced at the start of their career.

Comment

Working...
                              X