Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Individual Event Class Awards

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    Does OTA still have a photographer at every event? How about a picture of the event winner's car with the class, lap time, and name edited on? Not sure this could all be done in the last 30 minutes of the day, but it could be brought to the next event.
    Good idea Andy. We do have an official photographer for next year.
    Chuck Atkins

Ontario 1500 Motorsport Adventure Organizer
    Former CASC-OR Ontario Time Attack Director
    Former ASN Canada FIA SoloSport Ontario Rep

Comment

Good idea Andy. Cheaper than trophies?

John

Comment

This has way more value than a trophy, stickers, etc. Hope you win a few of these next season, Andy!
        sigpicFrank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!

Comment

Originally posted by 10gt61 View Post
          This year we switched from Class Win plaques at each event to Class Win stickers. I've received quite a variety of feedback on this issue. So....What do you think?
          While I'm all for recognition, I have to admit that I'm pretty indifferent to event class wins. Also with say 10 classes reasonably represented at each event, at least 7 events equals 70 plaque'd photographs. That's a lot.

If there is appetite for additional recognition of class winners, how about include the photos / detailing plaques as part of the year end class winner package. Maybe the standard trophy for the class winner, but also the photo and plaque for the 2nd and 3rd in class (or whatever number makes sense based on class participation).

Personally what I would like to see (if there's money available for this kind of thing) is more recognition of lap records. Sort of like the F1 pole position award. Just my thoughts on where money / recognition could be directed.
          Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
            While I'm all for recognition, I have to admit that I'm pretty indifferent to event class wins. Also with say 10 classes reasonably represented at each event, at least 7 events equals 70 plaque'd photographs. That's a lot.
            I think they were only considering digital for the photos? Personally, I prefer high-res digital to plaques. You can decide what you want to do with them. They can add OTA 1st in Class SGT3 and Class Track Record in the corner of the photo.
            sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
            OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

I didn't like the stickers and preferred plaques; trophies for class winners per event is overkill in my opinion.

Although recognition is nice, I think what's nicer is getting a deal on parts. You already raffle off JRP $100 gift certificates, so how about offering the same (or more??) for each class winner instead? Competitors would get a break on parts and sponsors would see more traffic.

Pouyan
              OTA #85
              '82 Chevrolet "#Battleship" Camaro

Comment

it's kind of nice not to need to worry about this
                Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
                AutoSlalom #87

Comment

Great ideas all!
                  Really appreciate the input.
                  Will definitely be discussed at the OTAO meetings during the off season.
                  Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
                  OTA Director 2015
                  ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by nissannx View Post
                    This has way more value than a trophy, stickers, etc. Hope you win a few of these next season, Andy!
                    Going to have to start coming out to Calabogie for that to happen (And I'd have to step up my game...it's amazing how much slower you get when you just do lapping and you're not timed)
                    Andy
                    Mobil 1 Time Attack - #96

Comment

Working...
                    X