• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-ForceJunkie
    replied
    Re: Individual Event Class Awards

Originally posted by nissannx View Post
    This has way more value than a trophy, stickers, etc. Hope you win a few of these next season, Andy!
    Going to have to start coming out to Calabogie for that to happen (And I'd have to step up my game...it's amazing how much slower you get when you just do lapping and you're not timed)

Leave a comment:

• 10gt61
    replied

Great ideas all!
    Really appreciate the input.
    Will definitely be discussed at the OTAO meetings during the off season.

Leave a comment:

• Tunermax
    replied

it's kind of nice not to need to worry about this

Leave a comment:

• 1slomofo
    replied

I didn't like the stickers and preferred plaques; trophies for class winners per event is overkill in my opinion.

Although recognition is nice, I think what's nicer is getting a deal on parts. You already raffle off JRP $100 gift certificates, so how about offering the same (or more??) for each class winner instead? Competitors would get a break on parts and sponsors would see more traffic.

Pouyan

Leave a comment:

• Slowpoke
    replied

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
    While I'm all for recognition, I have to admit that I'm pretty indifferent to event class wins. Also with say 10 classes reasonably represented at each event, at least 7 events equals 70 plaque'd photographs. That's a lot.
    I think they were only considering digital for the photos? Personally, I prefer high-res digital to plaques. You can decide what you want to do with them. They can add OTA 1st in Class SGT3 and Class Track Record in the corner of the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Greg Campbell
    replied

Originally posted by 10gt61 View Post
    This year we switched from Class Win plaques at each event to Class Win stickers. I've received quite a variety of feedback on this issue. So....What do you think?
    While I'm all for recognition, I have to admit that I'm pretty indifferent to event class wins. Also with say 10 classes reasonably represented at each event, at least 7 events equals 70 plaque'd photographs. That's a lot.

If there is appetite for additional recognition of class winners, how about include the photos / detailing plaques as part of the year end class winner package. Maybe the standard trophy for the class winner, but also the photo and plaque for the 2nd and 3rd in class (or whatever number makes sense based on class participation).

Personally what I would like to see (if there's money available for this kind of thing) is more recognition of lap records. Sort of like the F1 pole position award. Just my thoughts on where money / recognition could be directed.

Leave a comment:

• nissannx
    replied

This has way more value than a trophy, stickers, etc. Hope you win a few of these next season, Andy!

Leave a comment:

• John P
    replied

Good idea Andy. Cheaper than trophies?

John

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Atkins
    replied

Originally posted by G-ForceJunkie View Post
    Does OTA still have a photographer at every event? How about a picture of the event winner's car with the class, lap time, and name edited on? Not sure this could all be done in the last 30 minutes of the day, but it could be brought to the next event.
    Good idea Andy. We do have an official photographer for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Apex177
    replied

[QUOTE=G-ForceJunkie;238999How about a picture of the event winner's car with the class, lap time, and name edited on?[/QUOTE]

I like this idea, in Karting we had this for did this for fastest qaulifier at regional events. However I know we didn't have a photographer at our events this year nor do I know what it would cost
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• G-ForceJunkie
    replied

Does OTA still have a photographer at every event? How about a picture of the event winner's car with the class, lap time, and name edited on? Not sure this could all be done in the last 30 minutes of the day, but it could be brought to the next event.

Leave a comment:

• Carguy
    replied

You don't have to wear medals. And you don't have to put stickers on your helmet or car. Don't let them make you!

Leave a comment:

• iamthewheelman
    replied

How about money?

Leave a comment:

• Saj5DJ
    replied

Medals? Like where am I going to wear them?? And what happens if,(as unlikely it may seem) I win a number of them? Can't wear them all.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Barker
    replied

Personally I really like the stickers. I only won one (the only event Greg didn't show up for) but you bet it is on my car and on my helmet. Plaques just take up space and trophies even more.(they also cost a lot more money). Medals? Like where am I going to wear them?? And what happens if,(as unlikely it may seem) I win a number of them? Can't wear them all. Also the stickers onmy helmet might give me more ice racing street cred.........well maybe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X