2015 entry fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 entry fees

Last night at the OTA committee meeting, discussions were held regarding prices for the upcoming OTA events. Needless to say there will be some increase over last year but we will be as fair as we possibly can. This is largely due to increased track fees and also new track rescue and safety features, which will be introduced this year at our events. We strive to continually provide the best instruction, lapping and competitive events for our participants at the best tracks, and now with added safety measures.
    More news coming soon....
    Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
    OTA Director 2015
    ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Re: 2015 entry fees

Are there any updates on this matter?

Comment

Originally posted by 85FieroNotch View Post
      Are there any updates on this matter?
      We will finalize pricing at our OTA Committee meeting this Thursday.
      I'll get that info out ASAP. There will be discounts available at the Open House, which will be at JRP in Mississauga on Saturday, March 28.
      Stay tuned!
      OTA Director 2015
      ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Track Rescue services.
        We have sourced two track rescue services, both with a great deal of experience and the appropriate equipment. Should there ever be the need (hopefully not though!), we will now have immediate and effective rescue services at trackside. As I have said before, our series continues to grow and improve, and safety is a huge part. Each event organizer will now arrange to have these services provided.

Prices
        We wanted to post them earlier, but we just have a couple of issues that need to be worked out with CMP. Won't be long now. However, you can sign up now for the CMP lapping day on August 1st. (through motorsportreg). It's a great opportunity to learn the track with an instructor before competing in our Sunday OTA event On August 2nd.
        OTA Director 2015
        ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Any more details on event prices? Want to know if I need to re-mortgage.
          Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
            Any more details on event prices? Want to know if I need to re-mortgage.
            Hopefully not!

Here is what we have right now.
            This should be what the prices are, or very close to it.
            May be some minor fine tuning.

Event Open House Discount Price Regular Price
            School 1 DDT 2-3 May 575.00 625.00
            Event 1 DDT 6 June 260.00 275.00
            Event 2 DDT 7 June 260.00 275.00
            Event 3 TMP 20 June 260.00 275.00
            School 2 MIR 4 July 360.00 405.00
            Event 4 MIR 5 July 355.00 370.00
            HPDE CMP 1 August 250.00
            Event 5 CMP 2 August 295.00
            Event 6 SMP Pro 15 August 260.00 275.00
            Event 7 SMP Long 16 August 260.00 275.00
            Event 8 GBR 29 August 260.00 275.00
            Event 9 GBR 30 August 260.00 275.00
            Shootout DDT 26 September 95.00

Couple of notes: CMP prices are the same for Open House and regular price. We are working with MCO and CMP which makes these events a little different than usual. Also, you will see there is now a price for the Shootout. As much as we wanted to keep it free we weren't able to and kept the price as low as possible.
            There will also be some "morning lapping only" opportunities at most events at reduced prices.
            OTA Director 2015
            ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

-rough idea on track time/day?
              -is mosport being subsidized? I thought big track was more than double to rent vs shannonville/tmp.

Comment

Thanks Kelly. I totally understand that prices had to go up, I'm sure you and the OTAC worked hard to keep them reasonable.

Follow up question; will there be lapping opportunities at the schools (DDT and MIR)? Found them helpful for T&T.
                Greg.

Comment

Wow on Grand Bend up over 30%
                  sigpicOTA - #95

Comment

Originally posted by endura View Post
                    -is mosport being subsidized? I thought big track was more than double to rent vs shannonville/tmp.
                    The norm at our events is:
                    - during morning lapping, three 20 minute sessions per group (usually three groups), more if time permits.
                    - during afternoon competition, three sessions of 5 laps each. More sessions if time permits.
                    - end of day there is usually open lapping available from roughly 4:00 to 5:00.
                    Most drivers (and cars) have had enough by then! Lots of track time....

CTMP not subsidized.
                    Track rental prices have increased and we make every effort to keep OTA as affordable as possible.
                    OTA Director 2015
                    ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
                      Thanks Kelly. I totally understand that prices had to go up, I'm sure you and the OTAC worked hard to keep them reasonable.

Follow up question; will there be lapping opportunities at the schools (DDT and MIR)? Found them helpful for T&T.
                      Yes! We will be offering morning lapping in limited numbers at the DDT and MIR schools. Prices to follow....
                      OTA Director 2015
                      ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by OTA Director 2015-2016 View Post
                        Yes! We will be offering morning lapping in limited numbers at the DDT and MIR schools. Prices to follow....
                        - CTMP-DDT School, May 2 - 3, 2015, there will be a limited number of morning lapping opportunities available at a price of $195.00 per day.
                        - CMP HPDE, Saturday August 1, 2015 is an all day lapping event with instruction available, $250.00.
                        - CTMP-MIR School, Saturday, July 4, 2015, no morning lapping available. (this is a change in plans as determined at the last OTA Committee meeting. If morning lapping does becomes available, due to class size, as we get closer to this event, I will let you all know)
                        Last edited by 10gt61; 03-21-2015, 07:02 PM.
                        OTA Director 2015
                        ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by endura View Post
                          Generally around 1.5 hours of track time per day with uncluttered competition runs.

MIR is not that much more money to run than the combo of both tracks at Shannonville and permits, medical, insurance etc costs are the same.

Biggest hike in prices last year was for the new DDT. Much better facility now but it doesn't come for free. I think all other lapping/competition groups are finding the same issue.
                          Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Working...
                          X