PAX vs WHP vs optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAX vs WHP vs optimization

I've got adjustable boost which gives me 200whp or 270whp. Car seems to fall in to SGT2 or GT1, depending on WHP, all else same.

Looks like approx. 2+ sec. PAX adjusted difference between the two classes. I am not gaining 2 sec. on high boost anywhere except, probably, mosport gp track. Shannonville full under 1 sec. TMP under .5 sec.

1-how will this be policed? in car camera with view of boost gauge?
    2-am I allowed to run different classes throughout season?
    3-if yes, at what point do I have to choose my class? Before event/during morning of/?

Tks.

Re: PAX vs WHP vs optimization

1) Not sure

2) I believe yes, but you need an approved pip schedule (which in your case would include valid dyno charts) for both classes.

3) You would need both configurations approved before, but then I believe you could pick when registering.

Comment

Hi power pip schedule approved march 2014, sgt2. Can submit low power. Both dyno plots are as of this week.

Comment

I wish you would stay SGt2 but I understand your logic with whp.

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
          I wish you would stay SGt2 but I understand your logic with whp.
          I'll stay SGT2 if you ditch the Ventus TD's for 200TW anything.

Comment

Originally posted by endura View Post
            I've got adjustable boost which gives me 200whp or 270whp. Car seems to fall in to SGT2 or GT1, depending on WHP, all else same.

Looks like approx. 2+ sec. PAX adjusted difference between the two classes. I am not gaining 2 sec. on high boost anywhere except, probably, mosport gp track. Shannonville full under 1 sec. TMP under .5 sec.

1-how will this be policed? in car camera with view of boost gauge?
            2-am I allowed to run different classes throughout season?
            3-if yes, at what point do I have to choose my class? Before event/during morning of/?

Tks.
            1. Honor system. OTA expects that drivers claiming 200 hp on a dyno plot, will run with 200 hp. Sure boost can be changed on the fly and there are many other areas that drivers can take advantage of the rules, but why bother? Obviously, the driver knows he isn't the best driver, if he wins, since he had to play games to win. Save your money.

JohnP
            Last edited by John P; 04-15-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Confirmed on #1. Regarding #2 and 3, who do I ask? Tks.

Comment

2. Yes you can run different cars or different dyno output on one car, during the season. You would need a Car Class Submission for each car or each dyno configuration.
                3. When you register, before the event, state which Class you are running that day. Most people run the same class all season, so you may want to tell Registration, that you are changing classes from the previous event (so timing can update their computer and final results).

JohnP

Comment

Confirmed to all. Tks.

Comment

If you're being strategic, make sure you run the numbers for Mosport - it uses a slightly different PAX modifier, which is also in the rulebook.
                    03 Z06 #72
                    15 Prius V

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd_ View Post
                      If you're being strategic, make sure you run the numbers for Mosport - it uses a slightly different PAX modifier, which is also in the rulebook.
                      Not running gp track. Vehicle not caged.

Comment

Working...
                      X