Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip to Mont Tremblant / Watkins Glen

Hey guys,

I am thinking about going to LCMT and WGI for the first time this year, so I am reaching out to my OTA crew to see if anyone else would be interested in doing a road trip together. It's probably going to be a driving school / HPDE type of event.

The dates I found are as follow:

WGI
    June 22 - 23 with Phoenix CMR
    July 15 - 16 with Chin Motorsports (more expensive)

LCMT
    July 6 - 8 with PCA (right after CTMP weekend)
    August 17 - 18 with BMW Quebec (right after SMP event)

Highlighted in bold are what I have in mind given cost consideration, but I am flexible if there's some strong interest for one venue over another. Anyone wanna do this? We can share hotel accommodation costs and look out for each other throughout the trip. I think it's gonna be fun. Let's discuss or shoot me a PM!
    Jonathan Liu
    #60 BMW E46 M3

Re: Road Trip to Mont Tremblant / Watkins Glen

Awesome idea!! I can't fit it in the budget for time or money this year, but I would love to do it another time.

Comment

I have been to WGI with CHIN.
      I can vouch for them.
      Very well run event with instruction available.
      Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
      OTA Director 2015
      ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by xyz999 View Post
        Hey guys,

I am thinking about going to LCMT and WGI for the first time this year, so I am reaching out to my OTA crew to see if anyone else would be interested in doing a road trip together. It's probably going to be a driving school / HPDE type of event.

WGI
        June 22 - 23 with Phoenix CMR
        July 15 - 16 with Chin Motorsports (more expensive)

LCMT

Highlighted in bold are what I have in mind given cost consideration, but I am flexible if there's some strong interest for one venue over another. Anyone wanna do this? We can share hotel accommodation costs and look out for each other throughout the trip. I think it's gonna be fun. Let's discuss or shoot me a PM!
        I would be interested in a Mont Tremblant event.
        Now CrITical Inc.
        Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Originally posted by OTA Director 2015-2016 View Post
          I have been to WGI with CHIN.
          I can vouch for them.
          Very well run event with instruction available.
          I heard good things about CHIN and CMR. Both groups seem well organized

Originally posted by nowcritical View Post
          I would be interested in a Mont Tremblant event.
          Talked with BMW Quebec. I will send you a PM
          Jonathan Liu
          #60 BMW E46 M3

Comment

I heard good things about CHIN and CMR. Both groups seem well organized

Talked with BMW Quebec. I will send you a PM
            I have been at WGI with Phoenix CMR quite a few times and they run a very organized event for sure.I will be instructing there once again this year.A bunch of us usually go down from Toronto for Joe's events.

Here is a video from one of Joe's events from my M3 in the advanced group.I got Black flagged for my student having a camera that was not tethered!

https://youtu.be/mH4nCC9YD5c
            Last edited by gearhead; 05-08-2015, 11:50 AM.
            2015 F82 M4

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead View Post
              I have been at WGI with Phoenix CMR quite a few times and they run a very organized event for sure.I will be instructing there once again this year.A bunch of us usually go down from Toronto for Joe's events.

Here is a video from one of Joe's events from my M3 in the advanced group.I got Black flagged for my student having a camera that was not tethered!

https://youtu.be/mH4nCC9YD5c
              Nice video. I gonna sign up for the CMR event before early deadline which is today. What are you guys doing in terms of hotel accommodation?
              Jonathan Liu
              #60 BMW E46 M3

Comment

Nice video. I gonna sign up for the CMR event before early deadline which is today. What are you guys doing in terms of hotel accommodation?
                We stay at the Harbour Hotel which has a special car club rate of $165 or thereabouts.Great place to stay with a great bar!
                2015 F82 M4

Comment

Seneca Lodge and the bar onsite have a great deal of WGI folklore that is also worth checking out. Not as modern a facility but I think it's normally a fair bit cheaper than the Harbour Hotel.
                  -=Brian=-

Comment

Originally posted by thekid View Post
                    Seneca Lodge and the bar onsite have a great deal of WGI folklore that is also worth checking out. Not as modern a facility but I think it's normally a fair bit cheaper than the Harbour Hotel.
                    It is also not very nice and smells moldy in the rooms and the restaurant was not very good!But at least we were able to store 16 wheels & tires in my room while we were up at the track
                    2015 F82 M4

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead View Post
                      It is also not very nice and smells moldy in the rooms and the restaurant was not very good!But at least we were able to store 16 wheels & tires in my room while we were up at the track
                      Most of the individual cabins were torn down and rebuilt last year. I personally haven't had a bad experience with the restaurant, but the bar is always where the party is at when we've been there.
                      -=Brian=-

Comment

Originally posted by thekid View Post
                        Most of the individual cabins were torn down and rebuilt last year. I personally haven't had a bad experience with the restaurant, but the bar is always where the party is at when we've been there.
                        Never stayed in the Cabins!We still stay downtown but it might be too nice for us!The chocolates on the pillow is a nice thing after a long track day
                        2015 F82 M4

Comment

Hey guys,

LCMT
                          You may want to read a bit more into the August weekend in Tremblant. That's the weekend of the Ironman race. There are multiple road closures near the track, and accommodations can be very pricy if you want to stay anywhere near the village.

I've only seen it from the Ironman perspective, but I have seen race cars in the area on race weekends, so it's not completely a no-go.
                          George D

Comment

Originally posted by B18C5 View Post
                            You may want to read a bit more into the August weekend in Tremblant. That's the weekend of the Ironman race. There are multiple road closures near the track, and accommodations can be very pricy if you want to stay anywhere near the village.

I've only seen it from the Ironman perspective, but I have seen race cars in the area on race weekends, so it's not completely a no-go.
                            Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it.

I signed on for the June WGI event. Feel free to hit me up if anyone is going.
                            Jonathan Liu
                            #60 BMW E46 M3

Comment

Working...
                            X