belts.. and classing - rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belts.. and classing - rear seat

Noob .. Attended the OTA school this spring and the Doc (sorry I don't remember your name..) mentioned a device for use with standard seat belts that helps keep them snug. Can anyone point me to where I can find one of these?

ALso.. classing.. I don't see mention of removing rear seat etc in PiP's apart from any weight savings. Driving a BRZ would it affect classing to remove rear seat and is it legal to remove rear belts as well?

Re: belts.. and classing - rear seat

I found the belt thingy... cg lock.. anyone know of a GTA retailer that may have this item in stock?

Comment

Originally posted by MartynD View Post
      I found the belt thingy... cg lock.. anyone know of a GTA retailer that may have this item in stock?
      I know CSC in Newmarket used to carry them, willing to bet they still do
      https://www.cscracing.com/
      #25 summer & winter

Comment

Noob .. Attended the OTA school this spring and the Doc (sorry I don't remember your name..) mentioned a device for use with standard seat belts that helps keep them snug. Can anyone point me to where I can find one of these?

ALso.. classing.. I don't see mention of removing rear seat etc in PiP's apart from any weight savings. Driving a BRZ would it affect classing to remove rear seat and is it legal to remove rear belts as well?
        Sorry Martyn, removal of a rear seat is 0.5 bPIPs in section 5.1.C.9 (page 37 of the printed version) of the rule book. They usually are pretty light.
        Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

I had a couple but they didn't attach well to the stock Subaru belt buckle. I instead went to Leaf racewear in London and got two sets of latch waist belts with bolt in eyelets, not clips. Work better.

If you are of above average girth, ask them to add some extra length to the belts.
          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Martyn, you've got tons of PIPs to play with in GT3, so this won't affect your classing at all. To be fair you will need to re-submit the PIP schedule with the extra PIP(s), but you have 4.2 PIPs left before you're bumped to GT2.

Alternatively, if you can find a way to lose 0.9 PIPs you can drop back down to GT4.

Comment

Originally posted by wparsons View Post
              Martyn, you've got tons of PIPs to play with in GT3, so this won't affect your classing at all. To be fair you will need to re-submit the PIP schedule with the extra PIP(s), but you have 4.2 PIPs left before you're bumped to GT2.

Alternatively, if you can find a way to lose 0.9 PIPs you can drop back down to GT4.
              That is 4.1 available PIPs left, before you're bumped to GT2.

JohnP

Comment

Originally posted by wparsons View Post

I can't see that happening.. Unless bolting in a fire extinguisher will give me back some..

Comment

Weighing more would do it, steady diet of McD's should help

Thanks John, simple math is too much for me today!

Comment

Hmm I may not have been completely honest about my weight...

This year is yet another year of working on the driver... next year I can look at optimizing. At the same time I do have to watch the rules for both OTA and AutoX, I think I can keep it in GT3 and still maintain a sorta competitive car in STX..

Comment

Hmm I may not have been completely honest about my weight....
                      Hmmm, We have a bathroom scale at the track.

JohnP

Comment

Hmm I may not have been completely honest about my weight...

This year is yet another year of working on the driver... next year I can look at optimizing. At the same time I do have to watch the rules for both OTA and AutoX, I think I can keep it in GT3 and still maintain a sorta competitive car in STX..
                        Good coilovers would keep you in GT3, and also STX. That's probably the best bang for buck over your current setup if you're looking to change anything, but still not super cheap.

Comment

Yeah they are on the list for the offseason. Think that still leaves me with a few points i'll have to do the math

Comment

Ok I did get the cglock from CSC in time to try it this weekend. It doesn't work well with the BRZ seat belt I guess... If I had the screws any tighter I likely would have stripped something. It held up for the first run.. came off for the 2nd. The 2nd run I really didn't miss it either.. the seats may just be that good in the BRZ.

If anyone is interested in saving $20 off the price of a new one drop me a line. (I tossed the packaging...)

Comment

Originally posted by John P View Post
                              Hmmm, We have a bathroom scale at the track.

JohnP
                              Yeah doing the math I just need to put on about 100lbs and I could move to GT4...

Comment

Working...
                              X