Supp Regs for Events 1 and 2, June 6-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supp Regs for Events 1 and 2, June 6-7

Supplementary Regulations for Mobil 1 Time-Attack Championship series, Events 1 and 2 at CTMP Driver Development Track

Dates: June 6-7/2015

Sanctioned by C.A.S.C. Ontario Region

Organizing club: Oshawa Motorsport Club

Organizers Dave Barker
    Perry Rautanen

Chief Registrar Gary Woods

Event Timetable
    Registration 7:30 AM - 8:40 AM
    Scrutineering 7:30 AM - 8:40 AM
    Driver’s meeting #1 8:40 AM - 8.55 AM (Mandatory)
    Novice extra meeting 9:00 to 9:15 AM
    Morning Lapping 9:00 – 12:00 See below for schedule
    Lunch 12:00 – 12:40 PM
    Driver’s Meeting # 2 12: 40 – 12:55 PM
    Afternoon Competition 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
    Open lapping if time allows at end of competition
    Track Closed 5:00 PM
    Barbeque dinner (Sat) 5:30 PM tickets $20
    Driver’s Meeting TBA

Morning Lapping Schedule
    Morning lapping will occur in 3 groups with 20 minute sessions.
    1st group out will be GT2 and higher including Open Mod starting at 9:00, 10:00 and 11:00
    2nd group will be GT3 and below starting at 9:20, 10:20 and 11:20
    3rd group will be the Novice group and any slower cars from the 2nd group who chose to join the 3rd group instead of running in the second group starting at 9:40, 10:40 and 11:40

Notes
    1) Scrutineering: No drivers allowed on track unless the driver is already registered and the car has passed scrutineering . Preregistration is required for all competitors via the website www.motorsportreg.com Registration at the track and payment if not already made is in the main building at the entrance to the track. Competitors are reminded to bring their weekend mechanical fitness certification certificates to scrutineering.

2) Classification: All cars must be classified to compete. This should be done before coming to the track. Please make an effort to get any unclassified car classified before June 4/2015 by using the online classification system http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/ . If for some reason this has not been done, come to registration with your car’s curb weight, your driver’s weight, manufacturer’s listed horsepower and a list of all modifications. Please note that if your car is extensively modified other information may be required such as dyno plots, race weights etc. Failure to provide this information will mean that your car will be classified in Modified 1 category. Competitors are reminded that if there is a delay in the time required to classify their car that they may lose morning lapping
    time. There will be no online connection at the track

3) RFID Tags: All competitors are reminded that car identification to the timing system is based on RFID tags. All previous competitors should note their existing RFID tag number and all new competitors will be issued new RFID tags at registration. RFID tags should be affixed to the windshield by non-metallic tape at least 5 cm from a metal surface. Note that the tag identifies the driver and not the car. Therefore if two drivers are sharing the same car, only the competing driver’s RFID tag should be attached to the car while on track and at no time should a car have two RFID tags while on track.

4) Competitors are reminded that while driving, all occupants of a car must have the appropriate long sleeved shirts, long pants and socks as indicated in the rule book

5) All cars are required to display the designated sponsorship decals.

6) All drivers meeting are mandatory and will take place either inside registration building or immediately outside. Attendance will be verified before being able to enter the racing surface.

7) The lapping schedule may be adjusted according to time limitations

8) The track will be run in a clockwise direction with the final layout at the discretion of the organizer.

9) Passing will be allowed during lapping practice sessions only. All passing is by point by only to the inside of the track as indicated by the driver who is being passed using a hand out of the driver’s side window or a turn signal. Passing zones will be indicated by multiple cones placed perpendicular to the racing surface, 2 cones at the start and 3 cones at the end of the designated passing zone. All passing must by complete by the triple cones indicating the end of the passing zone. Note- All drivers being passed should lift off the throttle until they have been completely passed. All drivers being passed are to stay on the racing line and all passing is done such that the car doing the passing is on the inside line for the subsequent corner.

10) All competitors are expected to perform their duties (if any) as assigned by the chief marshal. Competitors who do not, will forfeit their times and not be scored.

11) Novice competitors’ cars need to have a triangle indicating novice status on the rear of the car. Novice competitors are encouraged to keep their coaching forms with them at all times to make it easier to be signed off by instructors.

12) No passengers under 18 will be allowed in car. No passengers allowed during timed runs.

13) Any contact with emergency services will be through the organizer or paramedic services.

Competition Rules

1) The governing regulation of these events will be the 2015 Ontario Region Time-Attack rules

2) Each competition run includes one warm up lap, 3 competition laps, and 1 cool down lap.

3) Each competitor shall present upon demand, by any race official or fellow competitor, a copy of their car's classification declaration on paper for inspection (including, if applicable, race weight and dyno declarations). Any competitor who is unable to provide such documentation shall be scored in Modified 1 class at the event in question.

4) If for some reason a competitor’s car spins off the track, they are to stay off the track (or move further off the track to a safe location) and are not to return to the pavement until the end of their run group.

5) If a car becomes mechanically disabled, the driver should pull off the track to a safe area and not try to make it back to the pit until told to do so.

6) If a car is off the track in a safe place for whatever reason, the driver is deemed to be no longer competing and passing of this parked car by other competitors is allowed.

7) Drivers are reminded that a white flag is used to indicate that a faster car is catching a slower car during competition. This white flag is an indication to the faster car to slow down and open up a larger gap to the car in front at which time he will receive a green flag and resume competition. Yellow flags during competition indicate a dangerous position on the track at a given location.

8) Competitors are reminded that if they place 2 wheels of their car off the racing surface at the same time, they will be scored as 4 wheels off and will not be allowed to continue that competition run.

Directions to track
    The Driver Development Track (DDT) of Canadian Tire Motorsport Park can be reached from the west by traveling east on highway 401 and exiting at Waverly Rd North, traveling through Bowmanville up Durham Rd 57 to the Mosport Road. Then turn east on to the Mosport road until the track is visible on the right side. Use the most westerly entrance to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park..

From the east take highway 401 to highway 115 north to the highway 35 turnoff and head north to Lindsay. The track is a short distance north and west of the 35/115 junction and is appropriately sign posted. Use the most westerly entrance to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.
    Last edited by Dave Barker; 05-31-2015, 12:12 PM.
    Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Re: Supp Regs for Events 1 and 2, June 6-7

Any chance of grabbing a set of sponsor decals before the weekend?

Hopefully in the east end.

Got the magnet sheet at the open house and just need the decals to get prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by MartynD View Post
      Any chance of grabbing a set of sponsor decals before the weekend?

Hopefully in the east end.

Got the magnet sheet at the open house and just need the decals to get prepared.
      I too could use the decals before hand, if possible.

Dave B
      Dave Burne
      2013 Genesis Coupe GT2

Comment

Hi Dave,

How early can we arrive? Can we do a partial set up the night before? I am in the novice group but could my SGT1 350Z be placed in group 1?

I have been to DDT with CSCS twice before.

Comment

If anyone is looking for numbers?...

I contacted Perry at pureautographics.com (one of the sponsors) and he can make you up a set of magnetic numbers for this weekend (probably) if you get in touch now and the price is cheap @ $45

Make sure your # is confirmed for the weekend though, he needs your class as well.

I just used the online submission form via the website. He also has 2ftx3ft magnetic sheets for the sponsor decals for $20

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
            Hi Dave,

How early can we arrive? Can we do a partial set up the night before? I am in the novice group but could my SGT1 350Z be placed in group 1?

I have been to DDT with CSCS twice before.
            There should be no issue with coming the night before. I am sure at least a few will be camping. OTOH, Mosport just leaves us a port a potty and locks the building. I think you can have access to the washrooms at the Grand Prix track.

We hope to have registration actually open at 7 AM but can't guarantee it.

Can't imagine there being any issue with having you in the faster lapping group Mike.

Comment

Would coming after 9am be alright to get teched? Won't be running at these events (car isn't ready yet), but because of the roll bar want to get teched prior to the first event we are running.

Comment

Can't imagine that being a problem

Comment

All passing is by point by only to the inside of the track as indicated by the driver who is being passed using a hand out of the driver’s side window or a turn signal.
                  It is not clear to me what the inside of the track means. Did you mean to say "on the inside line to the next corner?"
                  sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                  OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                    It is not clear to me what the inside of the track means. Did you mean to say "on the inside line to the next corner?"
                    yes, that would be a good interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
                      yes, that would be a good interpretation.
                      I wasn't sure if you meant the geometric center of the whole track which would put passing between 2 and 3 off the racing line...
                      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by MartynD View Post
                        If anyone is looking for numbers?...

I contacted Perry at pureautographics.com (one of the sponsors) and he can make you up a set of magnetic numbers for this weekend (probably) if you get in touch now and the price is cheap @ $45

Make sure your # is confirmed for the weekend though, he needs your class as well.

I just used the online submission form via the website. He also has 2ftx3ft magnetic sheets for the sponsor decals for $20
                        Probably too late, but can he bring some magnetic sheets with him if he is coming to the Time Attack? I could use some.
                        '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

Ack.. I saw Perry yesterday... I could have picked a couple up... No idea if he is going on the weekend. I am hoping to run in on Saturday and grab decals for Sunday (I'm only competing Sunday, photog Saturday if time permits)

Comment

Working...
                          X