Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel for Event 1 & 2

Hi All,

Just wondering what most people do for fuel? How much fuel do you usually have in the tank? Does anyone bring fuel in jerry cans or just fill the car full before getting to the track.

If I remember the closet fuel stop to CTMP is about 30mins away round trip?

Thanks!

Re: Fuel for Event 1 & 2

20L jerry can that I fill up at the PC in Bowmanville (need 94) on the way to the track.

How much fuel I run in the car depends on how competitive I feel that day.
    '11 Red STI #373

Keep right except to pass.

Comment

I usually show up with half a tank that gets burned off during morning practice, then use two 20L jerry cans to keep the tank around ╝ full for competitionů..though this is track specific as at some tracks fuel can go pretty quickly
      sigpic
      Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

There's also a Race-Trac gas station at Hwy 35 and Boundary Road - 6 minutes from CTMP if you're running low on fuel. No 94, only 91.

They also have coffee to fuel the caffeine-addicted.
        Jim (aka "Lawrence" in results)

Comment

You can get fuel at the Big track during the day, the prices may be a little out of touch but less then 5 min away
          Now CrITical Inc.
          Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Originally posted by gtiboy2001 View Post
            Hi All,

Just wondering what most people do for fuel? How much fuel do you usually have in the tank? Does anyone bring fuel in jerry cans or just fill the car full before getting to the track.

If I remember the closet fuel stop to CTMP is about 30mins away round trip?

Thanks!
            I go with the jerry can route, mostly for convenience. Fill up the night before or morning of, use 3/4 - full tank in the morning and then top up with a 1-2 25L cans for the hot laps in the afternoon. My car doesn't fuel starve at all but fuel is a variable that I would prefer not to have to worry about (rather concentrate on the timed heats). I usually have enough for the drive home. This also keeps my fuel costs down as anything at or near a racetrack is going to be marked up.
            Last edited by Greg Campbell; 06-03-2015, 07:26 AM. Reason: Plus plus plus
            Greg.

Comment

During the May 2-3 weekend I paid:

$1.309/L for 94 at the Petro-Canada at Waverly Rd./Baseline Rd. in Bowmanville

$1.299/L for 91 at the Petro-Canada at King St./Boswell Dr. in Bowmanville

$1.219/L (I believe for 89, not 91, upon reflection) at the Race-Trac station 5 minutes from CTMP

There's also an Esso on Hwy 115 South of the intersection with Boundary Road that is 8 minutes from CTMP. I think you'll find these stations (the Race-Trac and Esso) cater more to the weekend cottage traffic rather than CTMP.
              Jim (aka "Lawrence" in results)

Comment

Any ideas for Corvette owners on track fuel economy?
                Now CrITical Inc.
                Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Originally posted by nowcritical View Post
                  Any ideas for Corvette owners on track fuel economy?
                  C6 Coupe, stock motor. I average 1.5 liters a min, so a full 20 mins session takes me through the best part of half a tank.

I actually don't find that much variation between tracks. The DDT is surprisingly thirsty with the slow corners leading on to faster straights. The biggest driver of fuel usage is driving; if your stuck behind traffic, playing with lines, testing, etc. usage is much less.

With a C7Z, I would probably plan on 2 liters a min as you have 50% more power than a C6.
                  Greg.

Comment

Working...
                  X