Event #3 - Toronto Motorsports Park Sundowner - Supp Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event #3 - Toronto Motorsports Park Sundowner - Supp Regs

Below are the supplementary regulations for OTA event #3 at TMP on Saturday June 20th

While the format will be same as our regular events, this will be our first sundowner, therefore please review the revised event timetable

Supplementary Regulations for Mobil 1 Time-Attack Championship series, Event 3 at Toronto Motorsports Park

Date: Saturday June 20, 2015

Sanctioned by C.A.S.C. Ontario Region

Organizing club: Toronto Autosport Club

Organizers: Rob McAuley & Carsten Gieschen

Chief Registrar: Gary Woods

Event Timetable

10:00 AM.......................Gates Open
    11:30 AM – 12:45 PM.......Registration
    11:30 AM – 12:45 PM.......Scrutineering
    12:45 PM – 12:55 PM.......Driver’s meeting #1 (Mandatory)
    12:55 PM – 1:05 PM.........Novice extra meeting (Mandatory)
    1:15 PM – 4:00 PM...........Lapping (See below for schedule)
    4:00 PM – 4:40 PM...........Break
    4:40 PM – 4:55 PM...........Driver’s Meeting # 2
    5:00 PM - 9:00 PM...........Competition*
    9:00 PM.........................Track Closed
    9:15 PM.........................Driver’s Meeting

* Open lapping if time allows at end of competition

Lapping Schedule
    lapping will occur in 3 groups. The first session with be 15 minutes and the following sessions 20 minutes

1st group out will be GT2 and higher including Open Mod starting at 1:15, 2:00 and 3:00

2nd group will be GT3 and below starting at 1:30, 2:20 and 3:20

3rd group will be the Novice group and any slower cars from the 2nd group who chose to join the 3rd group instead of running in the second group starting at 1:45, 2:40 and 3:40

Notes

1) Scrutineering: No drivers allowed on track unless the driver is already registered and the car has passed scrutineering . Preregistration is required for all competitors via the website www.motorsportreg.com Registration at the track and payment if not already made is in the main building at the entrance to the track. Competitors are reminded to bring their weekend mechanical fitness certification certificates to scrutineering.

2) Classification: All cars must be classified to compete. This should be done before coming to the track. Please make an effort to get any unclassified car classified before June 15/2015 by using the online classification system http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/ . If for some reason this has not been done, come to registration with your car’s curb weight, your driver’s weight, manufacturer’s listed horsepower and a list of all modifications. Please note that if your car is extensively modified other information may be required such as dyno plots, race weights etc. Failure to provide this information will mean that your car will be classified in Modified 1 category. Competitors are reminded that if there is a delay in the time required to classify their car that they may lose morning lapping
    time. There will be no online connection at the track

3) RFID Tags: All competitors are reminded that car identification to the timing system is based on RFID tags. All previous competitors should note their existing RFID tag number and all new competitors will be issued new RFID tags at registration. RFID tags should be affixed to the windshield by non-metallic tape at least 5 cm from a metal surface. Note that the tag identifies the driver and not the car. Therefore if two drivers are sharing the same car, only the competing driver’s RFID tag should be attached to the car while on track and at no time should a car have two RFID tags while on track.

4) Competitors are reminded that while driving, all occupants of a car must have the appropriate long sleeved shirts, long pants and socks as indicated in the rule book

5) All cars are required to display the designated sponsorship decals.

6) All drivers meeting are mandatory and will take place either inside registration building or immediately outside. Attendance will be verified before being able to enter the racing surface.

7) The lapping schedule may be adjusted according to time limitations

8) Passing will be allowed during lapping practice sessions only. All passing is by point by only to the inside of the track as indicated by the driver who is being passed using a hand out of the driver’s side window or a turn signal. Passing zones will be indicated by multiple cones placed perpendicular to the racing surface, 2 cones at the start and 3 cones at the end of the designated passing zone. All passing must be complete by the triple cones indicating the end of the passing zone. Note- All drivers being passed should lift off the throttle until they have been completely passed. All drivers being passed are to stay on the racing line and all passing is done such that the car doing the passing is on the inside line for the subsequent corner.

10) All competitors are expected to perform their duties (if any) as assigned by the chief marshal. Competitors who do not, will forfeit their times and not be scored.

11) Novice competitors’ cars need to have a triangle indicating novice status on the rear of the car. Novice competitors are encouraged to keep their coaching forms with them at all times to make it easier to be signed off by instructors.

12) No passengers under 18 will be allowed in car. No passengers allowed during timed runs.

13) Any contact with emergency services will be through the organizer or paramedic services.

Competition Rules

1) The governing regulation of these events will be the 2015 Ontario Region Time-Attack rules

2) Each competition run includes one warm up lap, 3 competition laps, and 1 cool down lap.

3) Each competitor shall present upon demand, by any race official or fellow competitor, a copy of their car's classification declaration on paper for inspection (including, if applicable, race weight and dyno declarations). Any competitor who is unable to provide such documentation shall be scored in Modified 1 class at the event in question.

4) If for some reason a competitor’s car spins off the track, they are to stay off the track (or move further off the track to a safe location) and are not to return to the pavement until the end of their run group.

5) If a car becomes mechanically disabled, the driver should pull off the track to a safe area and not try to make it back to the pit until told to do so.

6) If a car is off the track in a safe place for whatever reason, the driver is deemed to be no longer competing and passing of this parked car by other competitors is allowed.

7) Drivers are reminded that a white flag is used to indicate that a faster car is catching a slower car during competition. This white flag is an indication to the faster car to slow down and open up a larger gap to the car in front at which time he will receive a green flag and resume competition. Yellow flags during competition indicate a dangerous position on the track at a given location.

8) Competitors are reminded that if they place 2 wheels of their car off the racing surface at the same time, they will be scored as 4 wheels off and will not be allowed to continue that competition run.

Directions to track

Toronto Motorsports Park
    1040 Kohler Rd.,
    Cayuga, ON, N0A 1E0
    http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com
    sigpic
    Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Re: Event #3 - Toronto Motorsports Park Sundowner - Supp Regs

Super excited, who will be the first to get glowing brake rotors?

Comment

I'd be happy to get some, so I can see where I am going.
      Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

Originally posted by kmorris View Post
        I'd be happy to get some, so I can see where I am going.
        On the topic of lighting, how is the reducing light being addressed from a safety perspective? If it is overcast you may lose light earlier than planned? Is there an understanding that the organizers will be monitoring the level of light and halting the event early?

I'm not attending TMP, so this question is purely academic on my part, but the last time I ran TMP it was over sundown. With no real lights at the track it can get dark fast.
        Greg.

Comment

I was at TMP last night and was there till 8:45pm - still plenty of light to safely lap. I suspect 9:15-9:30 would be a little too dark.
          Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Campbell View Post
            On the topic of lighting, how is the reducing light being addressed from a safety perspective? If it is overcast you may lose light earlier than planned? Is there an understanding that the organizers will be monitoring the level of light and halting the event early?

I'm not attending TMP, so this question is purely academic on my part, but the last time I ran TMP it was over sundown. With no real lights at the track it can get dark fast.
            Yes, the organizers will monitor the level of light and shorten the event if there is a deemed safety concern
            sigpic
            Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

I'm excited to get back out to TMP this year

Comment

A couple of additional items to note for the event;

1. Please ensure you bring your CACS license to show at registration.

2. The Viper club has the track until 1pm, but we’ve been told we can start showing up as early as 10am if we like. Registration won’t open though until 11:30am

3. The concession stand will be open

4. Live timing is available via smartphone at the track by accessing the local WIFI (might need to discount your mobile network though to see the results)
                Wireless SSID = OTA
                http://results.time-attack.ca
                sigpic
                Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

I signed up for this event using motorsportreg and will be co-driving. Got a couple questions.

1. Are temp licenses still available for $10? It asked for a license # so I put temp as this will most likely be the only event I do this season.

2. It asked for car #; do I use mine from last year or will it be assigned at the event? Just wondering if I should bring some old magnetic numbers i still have.

3. Can we pay in cash at the event?
                  Corey Whiteman

Comment

Originally posted by 3wheeler View Post
                    I signed up for this event using motorsportreg and will be co-driving. Got a couple questions.

1. Are temp licenses still available for $10? It asked for a license # so I put temp as this will most likely be the only event I do this season.

2. It asked for car #; do I use mine from last year or will it be assigned at the event? Just wondering if I should bring some old magnetic numbers i still have.

3. Can we pay in cash at the event?
                    Hi Corey,

Yes the organizing club (TAC) will offer temp licenses for single event entrants. But I believe that if you plan on attending another event you would need to get the permanent license before that event.

Regarding car #s and paying cash at the event, I think both are fine, unless your number has been given to another competitor already…..I would reach out to Gary Wood directly to confirm though
                    sigpic
                    Carsten - OTA #276 GT1

Comment

I'm very excited to be attending this event, I have all of my paperwork completed. Can I just bring it with me?

For you veterans, can anyone shoot me an email on what I should bring? Some kind of list?

lifeguy@rogers.com

Thanks
                      Grant

Comment

Hi Grant,

Some basic things to bring...
                        • M2005 or SA2005 or later Snell certified helmet
                        • Long sleeved shirt (and long pants)
                        • Tire pressure gauge
                        • A source of compressed air to set tire pressures
                        • I bring a jack and impact gun to change or rotate tires quickly
                        • I also bring track-only brake pads
                        • Water (though the club will provide some)
                        • A hat
                        • Sunscreen
                        • A track box to hold everything, and keep it dry if it rains.
                        sigpic
                        Rob McAuley
                        TAC President

Comment

Is there any open lapping available and if so what's the cost? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by iamthewheelman View Post
                            Is there any open lapping available and if so what's the cost? Thanks
                            Yes there is open lapping. It is available at motorsportreg for $125.
                            Gary Wood:
                            GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Originally posted by IWannaGoFast View Post
                              Hi Corey,

Yes the organizing club (TAC) will offer temp licenses for single event entrants. But I believe that if you plan on attending another event you would need to get the permanent license before that event.

Regarding car #s and paying cash at the event, I think both are fine, unless your number has been given to another competitor already…..I would reach out to Gary Wood directly to confirm though
                              Corey your number has been saved for you for 2 years after your last event. Same for everyone.
                              Gary Wood:
                              GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Working...
                              X