information re Calabogie track day Aug.1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information re Calabogie track day Aug.1st

Whole bunch of people have already signed up to attend the MCO track day on Saturday before the T/A Sunday event. More to come I think. When you sign up for the event, please enter whether or not you have driven the Calabogie track before or not. If you have, you will be placed immediately into the open group. Regardless of your track experience, if you have not, you will be placed in the intermediate group with one of my instructors as a mentor and for a checkout ride. You will move to the open class once the instructor thinks your ready. It could be only one session. Calabogie has 22 corners and can be daunting to learn.

Even if you are in the open class you can request an instructor. Its your call but I will say, anyone can benefit from instruction especially from people who have driven thousands of laps here. There are also multiple lines to get around the track. Over 50 percent of my instructors are licenced road racers.
    Best 250 bucks you'll ever spend.

See you soon.
    Attached Files
    Pat McDermott
    OSCC.

Re: information re Calabogie track day Aug.1st

Pat, I agree you have a great day planned. Is there a limit on total entry for the lapping day?
    Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Well last weeks track day had 80 cars Dave so we'll accomodate all time attack people as we have three run groups. It would only be a matter of running out of instructors but we can make that work also. Calabogies a long track so we can take a lot if we want.
      Pat McDermott
      OSCC.

Comment

Hi Pat,

I am signed up for the lapping day (and the Time Attack), have never driven at Calabogie, and have a car with only one seat. I am not sure how to handle this from the instruction point of view - just letting you know.

Sounds like a great weekend!

Kevin Morris
        Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

I think I pre-reg for the lapping day at the open house.

IS it an additional cost for the instructor? I also have a single seater.

Comment

Another question: Do we need to confirm the request to have an instructor?
            If I remember correctly the question was asked during registration
            #25 summer & winter

Comment

I'm sure we can do a little follow the leader for the single seat guys. It's only 20 corners to remember

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
                I think I pre-reg for the lapping day at the open house.

IS it an additional cost for the instructor? I also have a single seater.
                The lapping day wasn't available to register for through the paper forms at the open house, it has been through motorsportsreg since it was announced by MCO.

Comment

Single seater cars up until this year were not allowed in our club days. What we do now ( because we get a lot of chump cars and race cars) is lapping lead follow with your instructor in his car also, and he or she taking you for some laps also. When he thinks your ready to hit the track by yourself he will tell you. Works very well.

The information in your registration is important. Of all the registrations I have so far ( almost 20 T/A) I only had questions about two of them. I fixed them by email.
                  The biggest problems were
                  a) have you driven Calabogie before and
                  b) do you want an instructor or not.

make sure those are marked in your registration. Anyone who has registered before today has been taken care of.
                  Pat McDermott
                  OSCC.

Comment

Any info on good places to stay near Calabogie Track ?

Comment

[QUOTE=shamrock;247548]Whole bunch of people have already signed up to attend the MCO track day on Saturday before the T/A Sunday event. More to come I think. When you sign up for the event, please enter whether or not you have driven the Calabogie track before or not. If you have, you will be placed immediately into the open group. Regardless of your track experience, if you have not, you will be placed in the intermediate group with one of my instructors as a mentor and for a checkout ride. You will move to the open class once the instructor thinks your ready. It could be only one session. Calabogie has 22 corners and can be daunting to learn.

Even if you are in the open class you can request an instructor. Its your call but I will say, anyone can benefit from instruction especially from people who have driven thousands of laps here. There are also multiple lines to get around the track. Over 50 percent of my instructors are licenced road racers.
                      Best 250 bucks you'll ever spend.

See you soon.[/QUOTE

Hello,
                      I'm a time attack/race instructor and booked for accommodation. Will be available for DE on the 1st. Please send details for the day.
                      Thanks,
                      Keith

Comment

For anyone running a test pipe, or unusually loud exhaust you need to be aware of CMP sound restrictions as per the following.

SOUND MANAGEMENT & RESTRICTIONS

All Participants must adhere to the mandatory noise restriction of 92 dB or lesser without exception. Calabogie Motorsports Park will measure noise levels of ALL vehicles and/or equipment prior to being granted access to the track.

In today’s Motorsport activities, sound management a joint task shared by all members including tracks, clubs, participants, promoters and even fans. As an established motorsports facility, Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP) has imposed its own noise guidelines, testing procedures and maximums to ensure CMP creates a favourable environment for all.

Screening Test – After a brief visual muffler check, a stationary test is undertaken. Sound levels will be measured 15 feet in front and behind the vehicle while the engine is revved at the maximum allowable rpm or the red line of the tachometer.
                        Cars, the average should be no more than 100 dbA with no single reading over 104 dbA.
                        Motorcycles, the average should be no more than 98 dbA with no single reading over 100 dbA.
                        Pass-by Test – With the vehicle under full acceleration on the track, a reading will be taken from 50 feet. The maximum level allowed is 92 dbA. This level and standard is the most commonly used in North America and Europe and is where the entire industry is headed. Tests are valid for 9 months unless modifications to vehicle are made.
                        Cars and motorcycles that do not meet the noise criteria in the pass-by test will be black flagged and will not be allowed to run until modifications have been made and a re-test performed to ensure compliance with the guidelines. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure their vehicle meets the noise restrictions that Calabogie Motorsports Park has in place.
                        CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57
                        sigpic
                        Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
                          SOUND MANAGEMENT & RESTRICTIONS...
                          So in Race events, do Formula Fords and Radicals and such have to run with mufflers?

Comment

race events are held with a special dispensation to a maximum of 102DB from 92. If one blows over yes, it is required to install mufflers or any system that will bring them into compliance.
                            Pat McDermott
                            OSCC.

Comment

Does the lower limit apply to the Time Attack too or just the lapping day?

Comment

Working...
                              X