July 4th OTA School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th OTA School

Since I had a lot of time on my hand (was there but not driving as my wife was one of the instructors), grabbed the camera and took a few photos from the front straight, then got bored of the front straight, walked over to two and the marshalls were okay with me shooting from there (thanks!).

Photos can be viewed here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tanm/s...57655489355072

Re: July 4th OTA School

Great shots! Where did you stand at 2, right by the marshall stand? That's a nice angle.

Comment

Thanks. At two, shot where the catch fence ends. Wanted to head out to 3, 4 and 5 but too much of a walk... need a golf cart or a scooter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
        Thanks. At two, shot where the catch fence ends. Wanted to head out to 3, 4 and 5 but too much of a walk... need a golf cart or a scooter!
        I was down at 5 for about an hour on Sunday morning, didn't mind the walk there... but coming up 2 on the way back I wished I had driven down

Comment

It's always the walk back that's the worse, and have *DONE* that way too many times years ago before I realized that I should just drive there instead.

Outside turn three is good in the morning with the morning light, get great pics of the drivers.
          Last edited by Tanner; 07-06-2015, 02:50 PM. Reason: I just realized I typed "dinner" instead of "done". Darn autocorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
            It's always the walk back that's the worse, and have dinner that way too many times years ago before I realized that I should just drive there instead.

Outside turn three is good in the morning with the morning light, get great pics of the drivers.
            Outside of 3 is perfect in the morning! It was too early in the day for me to be at 5, even with a CP reflections weren't great. I haven't looked at mine on a computer yet, hopefully they're useable.

Comment

Great shots. Thanks.

JohnP

Comment

thanks for posting! May I repost some of them? How do I credit you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2TH PWR View Post
                  thanks for posting! May I repost some of them? How do I credit you?
                  No prob... yeah unfortunately it's not easy (but still doable) to get the direct link to the image. Which ones where you looking at reposting - send me a PM with the details and i'll see what i can do for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X