New Raw Time Challenge Classes added to Time-Attack series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Raw Time Challenge Classes added to Time-Attack series

Thank you everyone for your contribution to this discussion.

Due to the limited amount of time to publish the rules, we had to make a decision. I thank the three member clubs of OTA for putting lots of effort in coming up with the Rules.

I understand that this might not suit everyone's needs BUT we still encourage you to get involved with the series.

As in all introductory products and ventures, improvement and adjustments will be needed. If you participate you can be part of this process,so please help us grow this event.

Copies of the rules can be found here:

http://www.casc.on.ca/time-attack/ra...lenge-bulletin
    Last edited by Time Attack Director; 04-01-2016, 09:48 AM.
    CASC-OR Time Attack Director

sigpic

Comment

Hello all, I've taken some time to scan and wanted to put in my 2 cents (since it doesn't appear anyone else has similar comments).

I'm not totally clear on why hp/lbs is used initially and then forgotten about after engine/boost/tire options are considered (since it would no longer be in any way related to the car).

Shouldn't it just be show up with a dyno plot, weigh the car at the track and get classed? If you have no mods, then take the factory hp number. If you have some mods, it might not matter since the class is 5 lbs increments. If you have a ton of mods, having a dyno plot is pretty reasonable. This would properly class competitors for perhaps the only reasonable and quantifiable metric. This appeals to me. If I know 15 lbs/hp is my limit, I can design to that. Once the powertrain is sorted, I can go about optimizing the rest of the car.

I understand the concept between creating these classes, but as some will start to "build-to-win" in these classes it seems easily exploitable doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchTime View Post
        I'm not totally clear on why hp/lbs is used initially and then forgotten about after engine/boost/tire options are considered (since it would no longer be in any way related to the car).

Shouldn't it just be show up with a dyno plot, weigh the car at the track and get classed? If you have no mods, then take the factory hp number. If you have some mods, it might not matter since the class is 5 lbs increments. If you have a ton of mods, having a dyno plot is pretty reasonable.

I understand the concept between creating these classes, but as some will start to "build-to-win" in these classes it seems easily exploitable doesn't it?
        Sounds like you are a fan of the general OTA classification system.It is not only acceptable but required to use dyno plots in the general OTA classes for cars with lots of engine mods as well as use car weights for cars with lots of lightening. OTOH RTC rules are designed for those folks who don't want to bother with PIP schedules, dynos, car weights etc and the RTC rules are designed to be about as simple as they can be.

RTC classes will not be scored by PAX rules and as such run in parallel to OTA classes, not against them.
        Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

fwiw from a newb .... I tried to get into OTA last year as I already have the C license from Ice racing, did all the PIP stuff, car classification etc. Then I got the email about submitting the dyno plot and lost interest at that point as it was more effort than I was willing to put in... probably how most newb's are going to feel. I appreciate having the new rules and hope to attend a few under the new rules.
          Elvis
          Ice Racing, RallyX and Autox

Comment

Dave, agreed. I don't mind the PIP system (how I plan to race). It gives a set of rules I can work to. I won't have a lot of mods, so I won't need a dyno plot... yet.

Comment

Working...
            X