New Raw Time Challenge Classes added to Time-Attack series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Raw Time Challenge Classes added to Time-Attack series

I will be joining OTA this year. I like the new RTC class to get involved. Hoping to run all the races all depending my work schedule. I have upgraded a lot of components suspension and aero along with adding a S/C but have stock internals and I run on slicks. Looking forward to joining and being apart of the series

Comment

Originally posted by scorcherjf View Post
      Does one have to opt-in to be scored in this class or can one choose not to participate if one is already classed with a PIP schedule?
      James, if you have a PIP schedule submitted and approved, I would think you would want to be scored in the OTA system. You will be able to compare your times easily to the RTC class you would have been in as these will be scored on raw time only. I would see all the RTC classes as being self declared. Don't think we will see any Corvettes or 911s trying to sneak in to RTC 3

As you know, we don't charge a gate fee and don't have enough money for any serious prizes so really the purpose of all this is fun, thrills (and bragging rights)
      Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Dave I just want to be clear with you and the others that are discussing my posts off of this forum, I JUST WANT TO HELP! Im tying to help make OTA a even better series with more competitors, spectators and sponsors. It is clear that OTA has the best tracks locked down for Ontario and the volunteers are amazing. But just imagine 40 more people running at OTA that will help both with revenue and media exposure. I know OTA is not for profit but with those extra racers entry fees we could have a few bucks to do some posters for the following year. Or even some mid winter fun at a go cart track to keep everyone track fresh. Even use some of the money to cover licences for newbies to ease their way in to OTA.

You were right about MIR last year it was 41 competitors, lets make it 60!!!

If you are interested in launching a FREE marketing program contact me privately and I can help get the ball rolling. You don't need a single penny to get the word out!!
        Dov Aronoff
        OTA Social Media Rep
        SPDA Ontario Time Attack Rep

Comment

WONDERFUL! this is what grassroots motorsports is all about, people taking the initiative to help! We all have to do our part to make this a successful series.

Thank you for stepping up!

You have a PM! I am available all weekend if you want to chat.
          Last edited by Time Attack Director; 03-26-2016, 09:05 AM.
          CASC-OR Time Attack Director

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GT42RR View Post
            Dave I just want to be clear with you and the others that are discussing my posts off of this forum, I JUST WANT TO HELP! Im tying to help make OTA a even better series with more competitors, spectators and sponsors. It is clear that OTA has the best tracks locked down for Ontario and the volunteers are amazing. But just imagine 40 more people running at OTA that will help both with revenue and media exposure. I know OTA is not for profit but with those extra racers entry fees we could have a few bucks to do some posters for the following year. Or even some mid winter fun at a go cart track to keep everyone track fresh. Even use some of the money to cover licences for newbies to ease their way in to OTA.

You were right about MIR last year it was 41 competitors, lets make it 60!!!

If you are interested in launching a FREE marketing program contact me privately and I can help get the ball rolling. You don't need a single penny to get the word out!!
            We would be happy with any help you can offer. PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Barker View Post
              GT42RR, your SPDA ambassador is not accurate to imply we are on the ropes.
              Originally posted by 10gt61
              OTA is in good shape. Early panicking that occurred amongst some people last year turned out to be unwarranted.
              I understand that you want to make things seem rosey in public posts but I can't abide by singling out an individual and attempting to discredit them when they have been nothing but honest. Dov attended our AGM where Will spoke and came to his own conclusions. Both OTA's and CASC-OR's financials are available to our members and we have let the facts speak for themselves. The money SPDA has invested in OTA is club member money, and they are entitled to know how it is doing. I think too many people forget whose wallet they're dipping into when the series loses money.

Some of the organizing committee have no legal responsibility to be honest, but others are on the club Executive and thus are officers of a non-profit corporation. Dave, Kelly, Gerry, I realize that you hold (or have held) board positions, but are not officers of your clubs. For officers, it is our legal duty to disclose financials to interested members at our AGM, and we also provide that information in our Members Only forum. I'd say that a good portion of our members just want to go to events and would rather elect us to worry about such things for them. That's fine. For those members that want to know, we disclose the real numbers.
              sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
              OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

2015 was a losing year for OTA, not as drastic as predicted, but still a losing year none the less. Given that we run on a shoe string budget, every year is a risk.

OTOH, there were a lot of lessons learned from the 2015 mistakes meaning that the series planning for 2016 is indeed much "rosier".

Comment

That doesn't sound like an apology, Dave.
                  sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                  OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                    That doesn't sound like an apology, Dave.
                    Here we go. Will (didn't know you were the SPDA "ambassador" who had to communicate the bad position that OTA was in at the end of last year), please accept my most public and sincere apologies for any reference against your character or motivation. I know you were only trying to keep people informed.

Now Stephen, lets get back to the subject of this post.

GT42RR doesn't like the proposed rules for RTC and some of you do. Certainly would like to hear from more of you. Open House is just a week away.

Comment

Hey CASC this is what i have just sent off to the OTA team.

Edited until we iron out the details.
                      Last edited by GT42RR; 03-27-2016, 09:17 AM.
                      Dov Aronoff
                      OTA Social Media Rep

Comment

NO THANKS!!! If those are the rules you will lose one new competitor!!!
                        As soon as you allow engine swaps/turbos etc you get into very high HP cars, a lot of dollars and unreliable engines. At least in the proposed rules you work with powertrain given and you can simply work on suspension/lightening and aero if you like.

If I wanted those rules I would go to CSCS.

Really like the simple nature of the proposed RTC classes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1qwkmini View Post
                          NO THANKS!!! If those are the rules you will lose one new competitor!!!
                          As soon as you allow engine swaps/turbos etc you get into very high HP cars, a lot of dollars and unreliable engines. At least in the proposed rules you work with powertrain given and you can simply work on suspension/lightening and aero if you like.

If I wanted those rules I would go to CSCS.

Really like the simple nature of the proposed RTC classes.
                          The great news is we are working to make OTA the most diverse time attack series in Canada. If you want a fair power to weight ratio battle you can register in the traditional PAX system. If you want to go all out with HP you have the RTC system. Either way OTA will have a system to best optimize your set up.

Having RTC gives competitors from Global Time Attack, CSCS, Racewars and Redline Time Attack the opportunity to run with OTA and vice versa.

The way I see it OTA will have a spot for everyone from newbie to pro driver
                          Dov Aronoff
                          OTA Social Media Rep

Comment

Also 1qwkmini Im interested about your setup, what tires do you run?
                            Dov Aronoff
                            OTA Social Media Rep

Comment

I must have misunderstood....I thought that RTC was to attract the average guy who didn't want to deal with the complexity of the PIP system, but wanted to have a place to try his hand at time attack.

I wasn't under the impression that it was to attract the big budget people from World Time Attack etc etc

What difference does my tire choice make...I can run the tire of my choice...but I chose the tire and the class that I run...anywhere from RTC3 to unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by 1qwkmini View Post
                                What difference does my tire choice make...I can run the tire of my choice...but I chose the tire and the class that I run...anywhere from RTC3 to unlimited.
                                I was just interested in your set up to see how the rules affect you. But if you don't feel like sharing that is cool.

The way the PAX system works it really rewards those drivers that minimize dollars spent on upgrades. Less dollars spent = grassroots.

If you want to shake the money tree on your car well PAX will really hurt you.
                                Dov Aronoff
                                OTA Social Media Rep

Comment

Working...
                                X