2017 Time Attack Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Time Attack Rules

Can someone please direct me to the 2017 Time Attack Rules.

Many thanks.
    TeamVDG - OTA#47

'Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy' by Browne & Frey

Re: 2017 Time Attack Rules

Here is 2016 info. 2017 updates will be available very shortly.

http://time-attack.ca/rules/
    Dov Aronoff
    OTA Social Media Rep
    SPDA Ontario Time Attack Rep

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of the 2016 OTA rules. I've been asking about the 2017 rules for several months. Registration is less than four weeks away and the rules still aren't available. Why all the secrecy ? How about posting the changes at least ?
      TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of the 2016 OTA rules. I've been asking about the 2017 rules for several months. Registration is less than four weeks away and the rules still aren't available. Why all the secrecy ? How about posting the changes at least ?
        Jud
        We are very aware that things are way behind and some very MAJOR changes are being made to resolve this issue. This will not happen in the future and we are really excited to have you at OTA.

I see you run your car through the PAX calculator all it needs is approval and you are good to go.
        Last edited by GT42RR; 03-07-2017, 12:25 PM.
        Dov Aronoff
        OTA Social Media Rep
        SPDA Ontario Time Attack Rep

Comment

The big change this year is in the RTC classes which will be basically aligned with Global Time Attack rules. Nice to have a choice for all competitors to run either regular OTA classing or RTC classing. The final bits are being "finalized"
          Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member

Comment

Hello GT32RR,

Yes I ran a version of my car through the calculator. I was waiting to see the 2017 rules before making some final preparation decisions.
            TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I look forward to reading the 2017 rules.

Is it the intention for CASC to phase out OTA classing or are they just adding RTC (GTA) classing in an effort to attract competitors from other series?

Jud
              Last edited by Brutus; 03-07-2017, 03:30 PM. Reason: clarification
              TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

The OTA (iPAX) classing isn't going anywhere, the RTC classes are just another option to attract more people.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

No one can argue with adding some optional classes to attract more people to motorsport, while keeping the current OTA classification and iPAX system intact. Which I think is light years ahead of what other events and programs have ever offered. The current OTA system also allows classification, scoring and vehicle preparation rules to be very defensible and transparent.

Cheers,

Jud
                  TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Quick question about helmets... will SA2005 helmets be acceptable still?

Comment

2016 Rules, Section 1.02 Page 8:
                      • Snell 2005 SA, or 2005 M (expiry 2018-12-31)
                      We have not received any notification from ASN Canada FIA that this date needs to change, so assume that it will not.
                      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the delay, but the wait is over! Thank you to Gary Vernon, Dov Aronoff, John Paczynski, Perry Ianuzzi and the rest of the Committee for what turned out to be a fast turn around once the trigger was pulled.

2017 Ontario Time Attack Rules and Regulations

Last edited by Time Attack Director; 04-01-2017, 02:47 AM.
                        CASC-OR Time Attack Director

sigpic

Comment

YEAH, YIPPEE

Again another set of last minute rules in Time Attack!!!!!

It's nice that you have added the rules from another Time Attack series to your rule set!!!! Yes, we can now go out and build a car to a specific set of rules and spends lots of money (to comply with those rules) to come out and have some fun/be competitive/test yourself. (you can add your own phrase in here).

My understanding of the whole RTC thing was to attract new people to your events..."the run what you brung" crowd. Someone and his buddies with cars that don't particularly fit any Time Attack rule set, maybe an x GT sprint car, Chump car, street car etc. (TA is great place to get some seat time, practice qualifying and learn the sport)

You've once again closed the doors to these people (me included) that were planning on attending some of your events. Sure I can show up and run in something like MOD 2....YIPPEE again.

I don't think that your headed in the right direction. People run the other BIG DOLLAR series (CSCS,GTA) for reasons other than having some fun and getting some track time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1qwkmini View Post
                            YEAH, YIPPEE

Again another set of last minute rules in Time Attack!!!!!

It's nice that you have added the rules from another Time Attack series to your rule set!!!! Yes, we can now go out and build a car to a specific set of rules and spends lots of money (to comply with those rules) to come out and have some fun/be competitive/test yourself. (you can add your own phrase in here).

My understanding of the whole RTC thing was to attract new people to your events..."the run what you brung" crowd. Someone and his buddies with cars that don't particularly fit any Time Attack rule set, maybe an x GT sprint car, Chump car, street car etc. (TA is great place to get some seat time, practice qualifying and learn the sport)

You've once again closed the doors to these people (me included) that were planning on attending some of your events. Sure I can show up and run in something like MOD 2....YIPPEE again.

I don't think that your headed in the right direction. People run the other BIG DOLLAR series (CSCS,GTA) for reasons other than having some fun and getting some track time.

Sorry you feel the way you do. OTA offers a great place for newbies to begin their track driving careers. Let's see how:

1. OTA provides schools at great prices that are aimed to novice and experienced alike.

2. Consistent rules, you will notice very few changes in the standard OTA classes

3. As of last season OTA instituted an IPax scoring system, which is targeted at you and all other 'run what you brung' types. All cars are fairly classed and you don't have to be built to the max of the class to win. Last year some classes were won by people who didn't exactly fit the maximum class modifications.

4. OTA people are helpful and fun.

5. OTA offers a ton of track time each day.

So if you think you are a good driver, OTA is one and maybe only place you can find out for sure using fair rules sets. No excuses, just come out and drive your best.
                            Gary Wood:
                            GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Gary I'm not exactly new to the sport, although I've been absent from the sport for many years.

My only point was that again, for a second year, release new rules about RTC one month before the season begins...same as last year. What was wrong with the original RTC rules...why adopt GTA/CSCS rules? If I wanted those rules I would run in CSCS/GTA

Let me ask you where an x GT sprint car or a Chump Car fits into the whole Ipax thing. These would be perfect cars to attract to OTA...since Chump has very few events. If you go into the CC site, most will end up in SGT1/2 or a MOD class, simply because they are gutted.

Can I class my car simply based on the dyno plot/weight setup or is there more to it than that?

Comment

Working...
                              X