Registration for 2018 OTA Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration for 2018 OTA Events

It will be possible to register for the most popular 4 OTA events on MSR starting on March 16. These are:

1. April 7 Open House - It's free and if you register in advance you can get your license there and enjoy the lowest event prices and get some great deals from JRP.

2. April 21 at TMP for lapping during the Instructor school. Early bird cost is $135.00

3. May 12 at DDT. This is the highly rated and extremely popular OTA Driving School. Spaces are limited so sign up early. Early bird cost is $300 for students and $135 for experienced lappers.

4. July 14 at CTMP-GP Track school. Once again available for only experienced drivers is the school that you need to compete at the best track in the world, MOSPORT. Early bird cost is $365 and space is limited.

Registration for other events will open in early April. Come out to the Open House to learn more about OTA.
    Gary Wood:
    GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Re: Registration for 2018 OTA Events

Here are 2018 OTA event prices. Be sure to attend the Open House to get the best deals.

We have worked to keep prices low. Any increases are entirely due to increased track rental fees.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gwoody27; 03-14-2018, 04:37 PM.
    Gary Wood:
    GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Hey Gary,
      I see there is lapping offered at both the Instructor School and the Driving School. For test/tune purposes which of these would be better to plan for? Will there be much difference as far as how lappers fit into the plans for the day?

Obviously the tracks are different and the likelihood of bad weather is higher in April (car may be still slightly damp from last year's tuning day).
      Another quality post from Black Dwarf Racing

Comment

Hey OTA committee,

Great job keeping entries fees affordable.
        TeamVDG - OTA#47

'Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy' by Browne & Frey

Comment

Woo hoo! What time will Open House, er, open, please?

Comment

Originally posted by kmorris View Post
            Hey Gary,
            I see there is lapping offered at both the Instructor School and the Driving School. For test/tune purposes which of these would be better to plan for? Will there be much difference as far as how lappers fit into the plans for the day?

Obviously the tracks are different and the likelihood of bad weather is higher in April (car may be still slightly damp from last year's tuning day).
            Track time will be similar on both days April 21 and May 12. It comes down to your personal choice or use both. If something happens or needs changing, start with Apr 21 so you have time to change and retest.
            Gary Wood:
            GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
              Woo hoo! What time will Open House, er, open, please?
              The Open House is from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. I believe that you will be able to buy club memberships there if you need to.

See you there.
              Gary Wood:
              GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

I'm looking to go to the OTA school on May 12 this year.

From the table, I am understanding that the best price is at the Open House on April 7. However, registration opens on March 16 on MSR (which I assume is motorsportreg.com?).

Since spaces are limited, I want to register on March 16. Should I therefore be signing up for the Open House on April 7, and the School on May 12, and then pay for the school at the Open House?

Sorry, never done OTA, but I've heard great things about the school and OTA and want to get a feel for it!

Comment

Hey Gary > Mr. OTA Registrar,

If someone already belongs to a CASC club, when should or when can they buy their OTA license and where do they go to buy it?
                  TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus View Post
                    Hey Gary > Mr. OTA Registrar,

If someone already belongs to a CASC club, when should or when can they buy their OTA license and where do they go to buy it?
                    Hi Jud! OTA will again provide the $25 TA Time Attack only license included with your first event entry. I'm in the process of updating the casc.on.ca website, but you do not need a full Class C for OTA. Send Gary a copy of the license application form because it has you acknowledge that you've read the GCR's and it contains your annual waiver so that you don't have to sign at every event, only once.

https://time-attack.ca/wp-content/up...pplication.pdf
                    Last edited by Slowpoke; 03-15-2018, 05:07 PM.
                    sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Rameus View Post
                      I'm looking to go to the OTA school on May 12 this year.

From the table, I am understanding that the best price is at the Open House on April 7. However, registration opens on March 16 on MSR (which I assume is motorsportreg.com?).

Since spaces are limited, I want to register on March 16. Should I therefore be signing up for the Open House on April 7, and the School on May 12, and then pay for the school at the Open House?

Sorry, never done OTA, but I've heard great things about the school and OTA and want to get a feel for it!
                      You've got it right!
                      sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
                      OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                        You've got it right!
                        Just registered for Open House and both schools on MSReg. That was easy!

Comment

Thanks Stephen.

Just registered for Open House and first school as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
                            Hi Jud! OTA will again provide the $25 TA Time Attack only license included with your first event entry. I'm in the process of updating the casc.on.ca website, but you do not need a full Class C for OTA. Send Gary a copy of the license application form because it has you acknowledge that you've read the GCR's and it contains your annual waiver so that you don't have to sign at every event, only once.

https://time-attack.ca/wp-content/up...pplication.pdf
                            Thanks Stephen. I download and send it off to Gary ASAP.
                            TeamVDG - OTA#47

Comment

I have registered for instructor school and will be available for DDT school

Grant

Comment

Working...
                              X