CTMP-GP School, Event 4 Schedule and Supp Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTMP-GP School, Event 4 Schedule and Supp Regs

Hi Folks! Schedule and Supp regs for the weekend are posted at www.time-attack.ca

School is currently sold out, wait list started. Lapping fast approaching same status. Please register soon if you want to join us.

sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
    OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Re: CTMP-GP School, Event 4 Schedule and Supp Regs

are the gates open friday evening for camping/setting up at the paddock for people that have to travel long distances?
    regards,
    Adam Mann - FRS GT2 class
    #45 Scion FR-S - GT3 class

Comment

Originally posted by S1motorsports View Post
      are the gates open friday evening for camping/setting up at the paddock for people that have to travel long distances?
      regards,
      Adam Mann - FRS GT2 class
      Yes, there is camping at the track on Friday evening.
      Gary Wood:
      GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52

Comment

From the Supp. Regs.:

7. Passing rules for the Instructor / Advanced Lapping Group:

The passing car must have received a point-by or turn signal by the car to be passed. i.e.:

Turns 10 to 1:Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.
        Turns 1 to 2: Passing is on the LEFT, passed car stays right, signals left.
        Turns 2 to 3: Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.
        Turns 3 to 4: Passing is on the LEFT, passed car stays right, signals left.
        Turns 5 to 8: Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.

One thing that might be useful during the driver meetings on Saturday and Sunday is to emphasize the importance of waiting for the point-by after corner 5c.

During lapping and practice the exit point for many - perhaps most - drivers at 5c will be to track right. Drivers driving slower cars may then move over to track left to permit faster cars to pass on the right. If one doesn't wait for the point-by and tries to pass on the left, while the driver in the slower car is moving left - well, this would be bad.

I just point this out because I've been passed after 5c before giving the point-by by some drivers who should have known better.

I always move over to the left after 5c during lapping/practice, to be able to give the proper point-by, but in competition remain on the right.

Mr. Whiteman's very excellent video provides some examples of exiting 5c to the right and staying right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwHfoexS6Gw
        Jim (aka "Lawrence" in results)

Comment

If I can "point" out something BEFORE the weekend ....... I know in the past, the passing zone pylons have been setup way out at 5C, while many drivers are prepared to initiate the pass (both from the passee and passer) immediately upon exit from 5B.

Can the cones be setup EARLIER than 5C, so that passing can be done safely/controlled (exiting the SLOWEST POINT of the track) and avoid unnecessary black flags?? It actually seems to work best for both cars/drivers, vs. having to unnecessarily "delay" the pass until all the way to 5C. Just a thought .
          OMSC
          Current: 2011 Corvette Z06
          Previous: '06 Z06, '10 Corvette, '93 & '02 Camaro Z28's

Comment

I would second that request!
            Now CrITical Inc.
            Misssion Critical It solutions for your business.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Ultra 94 gas station will be open this weekend?
              Ontario Time Attack #407
              Hyundai Tiburon V6
              @trackattacktiburon

Comment

I am pre-registered for both the school and race but a work scheduling problem means I'll miss both so you can scratch me from the list...

GT3 car #907
                Mike Bennett-GT3 #907

Comment

Originally posted by jimmo-san View Post
                  From the Supp. Regs.:

7. Passing rules for the Instructor / Advanced Lapping Group:

The passing car must have received a point-by or turn signal by the car to be passed. i.e.:

Turns 10 to 1:Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.
                  Turns 1 to 2: Passing is on the LEFT, passed car stays right, signals left.
                  Turns 2 to 3: Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.
                  Turns 3 to 4: Passing is on the LEFT, passed car stays right, signals left.
                  Turns 5 to 8: Passing is on the RIGHT, passed car stays left, signals right.

One thing that might be useful during the driver meetings on Saturday and Sunday is to emphasize the importance of waiting for the point-by after corner 5c.

During lapping and practice the exit point for many - perhaps most - drivers at 5c will be to track right. Drivers driving slower cars may then move over to track left to permit faster cars to pass on the right. If one doesn't wait for the point-by and tries to pass on the left, while the driver in the slower car is moving left - well, this would be bad.

I just point this out because I've been passed after 5c before giving the point-by by some drivers who should have known better.

I always move over to the left after 5c during lapping/practice, to be able to give the proper point-by, but in competition remain on the right.

Mr. Whiteman's very excellent video provides some examples of exiting 5c to the right and staying right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwHfoexS6Gw
                  As someone who has zero torque and usually the one to point by people (GP is my worst track due to near zero seat time), I agree with this.

5C can be tricky especially in the wet and is usually a shift point for me so both hands are occupied.

From our discussions about DDT events, we will likely drive a point in that passes must be made only when point bys are given. And if I ever get a point by, PLEASE LET OFF. I have pointed by people on WOT. GP really highlights the weaknesses of my car.
                  Kevin Wong
                  GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
                  2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

I'm hoping there'll be fast cars there so I can get a ride...
                    Last edited by nitrowsb; 07-13-2018, 04:06 PM. Reason: sp
                    Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Comment

Are motorcycles allowed on for alligator lapping?
                      Trang...Smiley:D

2009 Accent 5 speed with ice cold air and an exhaust leak!

Comment

Working...
                      X