Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Competitors' meeting Nov 3, Topics for Discussion

Originally posted by Grant Galloway View Post
    Can I run Ethanol Race Fuel without pips?

If so I will order a drum..
    You'd need a tune on any car to run it, so it would be free with the appropriate ECU/boost PIPs. The ECU tune PIPs assume you're already optimized on the best gas for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
      There are no concrete barriers in the runoff area at the end of the main straight, never have been.
      Running counter-clockwise, there were concrete barriers at the end of the straight on the day in question. Not close with brakes, but close enough without brakes to be a concern. (toward the end of the dragstrip). We had to avoid them so made a change. Perhaps they are no longer there. Just my 2 cents. Sounds like you have good layouts to consider.
      Kelly B. GT Class Competitor 2011 - 2014
      OTA Director 2015
      ASN/FIA Committee 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 10gt61 View Post
        Running counter-clockwise, there were concrete barriers at the end of the straight on the day in question. Not close with brakes, but close enough without brakes to be a concern. (toward the end of the dragstrip). We had to avoid them so made a change. Perhaps they are no longer there. Just my 2 cents. Sounds like you have good layouts to consider.
        I only look at Grand Bend Raceway Circuits as being run Clockwise, I have been running there for the past 8 years.

It would be wonderful to see the OTA return. The 2019 Grand Bend Schedule is filling up - Mopar Canadian Super Bike Championship Round - SOAR Motorcycle Race Series - Racer 5 Motorcycle Road Race Training and Race Weekends, Canadian Mopar Drag Nationals plus a few large Drag Racing Events. It may be a challenge to book a date for 2019.
        Porsche 718 GTS, 2019 Civic Coupe LX Project Car, Grand Bend Raceway, Honda House Motorsports

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
          I only look at Grand Bend Raceway Circuits as being run Clockwise, I have been running there for the past 8 years.

It would be wonderful to see the OTA return. The 2019 Grand Bend Schedule is filling up - Mopar Canadian Super Bike Championship Round - SOAR Motorcycle Race Series - Racer 5 Motorcycle Road Race Training and Race Weekends, Canadian Mopar Drag Nationals plus a few large Drag Racing Events. It may be a challenge to book a date for 2019.
          What may have caused the confusion is that your stated laptimes were counter-clockwise. If they were clockwise, some of this confusion is instantly resolved.
          sigpic

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
          OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842

Comment

Originally posted by Slowpoke View Post
            What may have caused the confusion is that your stated laptimes were counter-clockwise. If they were clockwise, some of this confusion is instantly resolved.
            Yeah those are clockwise lap times, I have never run counter-clockwise at that track.. I believe that when the 3 configurations Technical, Modified and Screaming Alien are run in the clock-wise direction (as they are meant to be) that Grand Bend is a very safe track..

I really hope the series makes it back to the Bend!

Grant

Comment

Stephen - you are right, thanks for pointing that out. I just corrected my post, thanks again.
              Porsche 718 GTS, 2019 Civic Coupe LX Project Car, Grand Bend Raceway, Honda House Motorsports

Comment

Working...
              X