New tire coming; Falken Azenis RT660

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tire coming; Falken Azenis RT660

Tirerack is only showing one size right now, but Falken indicated that full release is scheduled in March.

That tread pattern looks awfully familiar..lol

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=Azenis+RT660

Click image for larger version

Name:	660.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	457109

Ray

Or you could try your luck at Hoosier I bought some ribbed 16" for $40 US apiece.

For whatever the reason, Hoosier chooses to provide a measurement of the diameter (measured in inches). Don't know why...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoosier tire.PNG
Views:	367
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	457111

Comment

Did anyone run this RT660 this past season? If so, can you comment on it performed, and perhaps a comparison to other tires in its class?
      Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
        Did anyone run this RT660 this past season? If so, can you comment on it performed, and perhaps a comparison to other tires in its class?
        No one ran the RT660 in the 2020 OTA season but from keeping on the pulse of what happened in the US, it seems to be a decent contender amongst the RE71Rs and A052s. So in the essence, a new player has emerged in that time range.
        Kevin Wong
        GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
        2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Originally posted by LemonJus View Post

No one ran the RT660 in the 2020 OTA season but from keeping on the pulse of what happened in the US, it seems to be a decent contender amongst the RE71Rs and A052s. So in the essence, a new player has emerged in that time range.
          That's what I've been reading also. Looks like they run a little wider too compared to the RE71 in the same size. The RT660 245/40R18 has a section & tread width of 10" & 9", while the same size RE71 is 9.8" & 8.6" respectively. Something to keep in mind if people already have clearance issues with the RE71.
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post

That's what I've been reading also. Looks like they run a little wider too compared to the RE71 in the same size. The RT660 245/40R18 has a section & tread width of 10" & 9", while the same size RE71 is 9.8" & 8.6" respectively. Something to keep in mind if people already have clearance issues with the RE71.
            The A052s are ever more wide compared to the RE71Rs if I recall correctly. Could also explain their dominance along with the compound.
            Kevin Wong
            GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
            2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Working...
            X