Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Ontario Time Attack - Competitors Meeting Notes

Here are my notes from the meeting:

- Street tire according to competitors should be 200-249 treadwear (complies with SCCA and other bodies).
    - Try to give a PIP bonus for Toyos to encourage use (suggestion was -2 PIPs)
    - Everyone is ok with Enduro tire rule, almost no objections.
    - Coilover rule clarification - no objections
    - Flywheel + driveshaft being free. Jud made a suggestion regarding universal joints and wheel hubs to be allowed for free. The basis is that we allow lightweight wheels for free. Poll came back 65-35 in favour of making flywheel and driveshaft free.
    - Competitors did not object to modifying 5.1.C.18 rule to include bumper skin modifications to be added as a "non-OEM item".
    - Jud suggested restructuring the rulebook to bring all the related sections together in the same area instead of having them spread all over. He has volunteered to do this re-org.
    - Alignment rule 5.0.A4.3 should be clarified as strictly non-OEM alignment on OEM hardware only.
    - Rule 5.0.A4.10 should be adjusted to cover additional hardware with OEM or OEM like bushings to get ONLY alignment beyond OEM hardware can allow.
    - New rule 5.0.A4.11 for covering additional hardware upgrades to suspension or suspension components beyond OEM make/material such as bushing materials, spherical bushings (where none existed before), heim joints, delrin and other hardware such as a-arms, control arms, trailing arms, bushing limiters, etc. = 1 sPIP.
    - Engine swap rule - 88% in favour of letting competitor pick and choose what parts in an engine swap were truly done instead of assuming Engine, ECU, transaxle, transmission and differential are automatically done. Let competitor pick and choose which one of those were done.
    - FRS/BRZ HI adjust is possibly being held off now that alignment rules and bumper rules are being adjusted
    - No issues with the Veloster N being bumped up to 60-65. No consensus as to which of the two but agreed it does it need a bump. Has NOT been dominant but low sample size.
    - Daniel Santibanez asked for the 1990 Civic Si handling index or overall classification be re-evaluated. Car appears to be way overperforming on RS4s at TMP (blew out old T3 record by over 2 seconds). HI of Echo hatch is 25 versus 35 on Civic Si. William intends to drive in T3 class.
    - Folding all subclasses into main class (eg: T3, T2 and T1 fold into Touring class and ranked by iPAX). Competitors seem to like idea. This makes the medal win more meaningful. Not an issue with scoring / timing.
    - iPAX is generally received as the defining feature for OTA. All competitors have no issue with keeping all iPAX scoring for all classes and overall.

PLEASE NOTE: This is just my notes and NOT what the OTAO is going to implement. The intention of this post is to update folks who missed out on our 40+ attendee meeting.

Cheers.

Kevin Wong
    Kevin Wong
    GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
    2020 OTA Chief Timer

I thought the consensus was to bump the Veloster N to 50 for next year seeing how there was limited data, and see how it does next year? Adjust further of required the following year.
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog View Post
      I thought the consensus was to bump the Veloster N to 50 for next year seeing how there was limited data, and see how it does next year? Adjust further of required the following year.
      I didn't quite get a consensus from the meeting but it was proposed for 60-65 but that was just a generic range put together based on publication data on track times on OEM equipment. If you refer to C&D and R&T data, the Veloster N with the Performance Pack really packs a punch.

That said, the notes is strictly for record keeping. The CCC will decide and then it will be relcassed as needed. My notes are NOT the 'final' decision.

Kevin Wong
      Kevin Wong
      GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
      2020 OTA Chief Timer

Comment

Working...
      X